:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I thought i was going to skip the metallic Vs mesh as I thought was suede under but is just a black lining so will do the mesh on the first shoe tomorrow and post results

The netting definatly takes longer than the soles. The easiest part is the forefoot, the heel also takes a longer time. I have gotten pretty good results doing the indoor method with a lamp.

I use 3m tape around midsoles so no sauce or whatever you use doesnt touch uppers..apply sauce to soles..apply saran wrap over soles and tape in place. I also use a box lined with aluminum foil so sun reflects on sole/heel edges..etc. For the metallic Vs I used a sauce from raleigh restorations and salon 40 on fire red Vs

Wats the best way to take off the sole off the midsole on jordan 11s. Having some trouble. Any help would really be appreciated.

I think i already posted these pics, but these are some of the results I've gotten with salon care 40. I did a total of about 40 hours.

Day 2 on 99 met Vs..doing side/tongue mesh. Will post pics later today.

Anyone doing mesh on 4s or 5s you can do both sides and tongue at same time. Prep the inside sides of a box with aluminum foil. Apply your sauce and saran wrap to all mesh and sit in center of box. What the aluminum foil does is reflect the sunlight to the side mesh. This is also handy for soles, just flip shoe over so it reflects sun on the sides to clear those up as well. Hope this helps

Ive never used retrobrite so idk. Ive used salon 40 no problem and a sauce I got from raleigh restorations(what im using for todays mesh session)

I'm pretty sure when he said "retrobright" he was referring to salon care 40, or some other kind of sole sauce. Either way, if it will clear up the soles it will clear up the netting.

Need info!  I got some 06 Laser IV's that are cracking bad on the black midsole. Is there a type of paint I can use to touch them up a bit?

Angelus black leather paint for paint cracking..if its midsole actually cracking youll need a swap

Last edited:
When applying to the tongue and side netting do you guys suggest a way to go about it?  We are talking about Hydrogen peroxide, which can damage the rest of the shoe.

When applying to the tongue and side netting do you guys suggest a way to go about it?  We are talking about Hydrogen peroxide, which can damage the rest of the shoe.
There are lots of ways to do it, i like to put it on a cotton ball and apply it to the netting. Dont get it on the backing bevause it will hurt it

Back
Top Bottom