:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Looking good I should have said NOT to use masking tape but 3m painters tape...the sun will heat masking tape up and leave sticky stuff on your shoes...trust me i know from experience lol

to the guys treating the mesh on the 5's...

are any of you gonna be wearing them afterward because i'm curious as to what effect the heat & uv have on midsole stability
that is - do these methods speed up open-cell polyurethane decay?

have always wanted to whiten my '00 5's, but i wear them & wearable is more important to me

Last edited:
to the guys treating the mesh on the 5's...

are any of you gonna be wearing them afterward because i'm curious as to what effect the heat & uv have on midsole stability
that is - do these methods speed up open-cell polyurethane decay?

have always wanted to whiten my '00 5's, but i wear them & wearable is more important to me
For all of this work, I better wear them.  Maybe take a conservative approach to restoration?

Hey guys just want to know if there is any way to remove what looks like scuff marks on my AJ XI Tuxedo sole... Here's pictures. I've already tried goo gone and acetone anything else?

Last edited:
Hey guys just want to know if there is any way to remove what looks like scuff marks on my AJ XI Tuxedo sole... Here's pictures. I've already tried goo gone and acetone anything else?

Ive seen this so many times recently lol. Ive sen like 20 people with this happen on there Jordan 11 soles. It is from the receipt ink bleeding onto the sole. I still don't know anybody who has gotten it out either. There isn't much else aside from acetone and alcohol that would take it out. You could try using salon care 40

Ive seen this so many times recently lol. Ive sen like 20 people with this happen on there Jordan 11 soles. It is from the receipt ink bleeding onto the sole. I still don't know anybody who has gotten it out either. There isn't much else aside from acetone and alcohol that would take it out. You could try using salon care 40

Lol damn you nailed it I was like how the hell this get on it I had them in the box with what....the receipt.

Last edited:
Lol damn you nailed it I was like how the hell this get on it I had them in the box with what....the receipt.
it's not the receipt. there are guys that got their shoes like that with no receipt in the box.

i believe it's from a batch of molds that had greese on them when they poured the rubber. 

Nike store and FTL receipt has no ink on them anyway, they are thermal papers. that's why you can mark them with your finger nails.

Back
Top Bottom