:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Whats the best way to get the residue from a crumbled midsole off the outsole? I've been at this for a couple days and I'm not even done with one of them. 

How do I fix this? Salon Care 40 got onto the nubuck part of my Wolf Grey 5s. Thanks.

So I had been using "Ice Cream" from Raleigh Restores on Instagram but figured I would try the 40 volume.  People were talking about it a lot and it was cheap I will say.  But, after this experience I will never use 40 cream again.  Here's what happened:
I was very careful as I do not want separation as I've never glued shoes before.  It was 75 degrees out yesterday, and I applied a medium amount of cream on there with saran wrap.  I had ice in the shoes and checked on the shoe literally every 5-10 minutes for running or separation.

is there any fix for this?
this is what i used

this is what happened :frown: Can I fix this?

Youre saying Salon 40 did that damage to the leather?? Ive NEVER had it do anything like that and ive used on soles, patent leather..etc and has worked perfect every time

Whats the best way to get the residue from a crumbled midsole off the outsole? I've been at this for a couple days and I'm not even done with one of them. 
A

a dremel should work (I think that's how u spell it)

DONT dremel the outsole youll end up removing the white part also then ur gonna have to repaint it. What i do is soak it in warm water/dish soap for a few hrs then scrub it off

Youre saying Salon 40 did that damage to the leather?? Ive NEVER had it do anything like that and ive used on soles, patent leather..etc and has worked perfect every time
Yeah that's all I used and I took every precaution of using other products and THEN some, I've heard other people have this problem too with it eating different material

Anyone ever needed to repaint some lebron 9 elite swooshes? Tried angelus white paint but the color doesn't match. Could it be the synthetic rubber of the swoosh that is throwing it off?

I do body work for a living and white ain't white. There's different ones. Check if Angelus direct has other whites. like a pure white or something else.

Before u paint different forms of plastic u will need an adhesive promoter to make the paint stick. If u don't put adhesive promoter it will flake off eventually. Hope this helps.

Whats going on fellas my cavs 4 separated after just undsing them last week i only wore them twice. Any ideas on how to repair this as it is on a flex point?

^ I don't think that's sole separation. Looks like the suede ripped.
Thats what i thought at first but when i looked closely i could see where the glue met the suede its like a line, i looked at my bred 4s and it has the same lineup kinda thing. breds havent seperated but i can see exactly where it was lined up to be glued at the factory. But thanks for all input tho, this lady that does it said its gonna be an easy fix

Back
Top Bottom