:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Trying to find out what the best all around waterproofer is to use on different materials on different jordans that are made of suede, leather etc?

So since a lot of us who got the black/IR VIs are getting pre-scuffed toe boxes, is there a good way to remove or even out the scuffs? Before I bust out the suede brush or eraser I wanna make sure I'm not going to do more harm than good over some minor 1/4" scuff.

Pic of my scuff from when I got them...

Posted in the Blk/IR VI thread, but everyone there seems too concerned with where on the color spectrum this current iteration of Infrared falls, smh...

I'm just now getting into shoes and I was wondering if some of you could give me a more updated opinion on how often to clean your shoes and how to properly store them. I plan on getting the jason markk cleaner and should I use that after every time I wear the shoes? Also for storage I see some people purchasing 3m moisture bags and placing there shoes in that but not sealing the bags so the shoes can breathe. Is that the best possible way to store your shoes. Thanks

hi

my question is about storage a sneakers (in boxes) in balcony outside? can they get some damage because of moisture, cold, heat..

it possible taht over years this have consequences on fitting?

thanks a lot 
nthat.gif

hi

my question is about storage a sneakers (in boxes) in balcony outside? can they get some damage because of moisture, cold, heat..
it possible taht over years this have consequences on fitting?

thanks a lot :nthat:  

I don't recommend storing sneakers outside. It will damage shoes, speed up aging process, etc. The best way to keep your shoes is climate controlled and out of sunlight.

I'm just now getting into shoes and I was wondering if some of you could give me a more updated opinion on how often to clean your shoes and how to properly store them. I plan on getting the jason markk cleaner and should I use that after every time I wear the shoes? Also for storage I see some people purchasing 3m moisture bags and placing there shoes in that but not sealing the bags so the shoes can breathe. Is that the best possible way to store your shoes. Thanks

Some people say clean shoes after each wear, but I do it every 3-4 wears unless they were thrashed from a club or something.

Everyone stores shoes differently. Some people use the bag method that you mentioned (not sure if they are 3M). Some will add silicia packs. I've also heard people that bring out any DS shoes and let them sit out of the box for a day. I just keep mine in the box with and in a climate controlled room without sunlight. Storage also depends on your geographical location and the climate. Extremely Hot or Humid places, shoes need more attention.

Some people say clean shoes after each wear, but I do it every 3-4 wears unless they were thrashed from a club or something.

Everyone stores shoes differently. Some people use the bag method that you mentioned (not sure if they are 3M). Some will add silicia packs. I've also heard people that bring out any DS shoes and let them sit out of the box for a day. I just keep mine in the box with and in a climate controlled room without sunlight. Storage also depends on your geographical location and the climate. Extremely Hot or Humid places, shoes need more attention.
ok thanks

What's the best way to clean air Jordan 13 3m flints from bleeding on the pods? Any help would be appreciated.

So since a lot of us who got the black/IR VIs are getting pre-scuffed toe boxes, is there a good way to remove or even out the scuffs? Before I bust out the suede brush or eraser I wanna make sure I'm not going to do more harm than good over some minor 1/4" scuff.

Pic of my scuff from when I got them...

Posted in the Blk/IR VI thread, but everyone there seems too concerned with where on the color spectrum this current iteration of Infrared falls, smh...
Go to Champs or Foot Locker and get yourself one these "Suede & Nubuck Kits" that has a sponge brush built in. This is THE best way to restore the nap to suede. I used this on my pair of Black/Infra 6s and it worked great like it always does. The rubber eraser that comes with it has also worked wonders on getting stains out of suede without having to use any water whatsoever. The one I got was the "Mint Suede & Nubuck Kit" from Champs, but they're all the same and work equally well.

Not sure - I've had this kit for almost two years, but I've seen Champs has their "CSG" version of this, and I've also seen the Foot Locker branded version of this too.

Last edited:
Need help removing a red stain from my kobe 9s. It's like a lipstick stain or something, also soap and water was a no go. 

What about an actual sneaker cleaner? Would be the first thing I would have tried. Soap never touches my shoes.

Yeah. I tried soap and water, shoe cleaner, mr cleans magic eraser, and even tried a dab of alcohol. All that worked faintly.

I'll have to give tide to go a shot.

When I walking with my air jordan 5, my left sneaker make like a creaking/squeaking sound? Why is this and how to get rid of it.

I have a few shoes that do this, Jordan's and LeBrons. Many say to take out the insole and throw some baby powder in there, then replace insole of course.

^ Rubbing some hand lotion on the underside of the heel of the insole also works.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom