:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

The tongue it stained really bad any way to remove this?
Might want to try just cleaning it first, it might be just dirty.

Im trying to see what people think the best way to get the yellowing out of the netting of 5's is?

Question on the 3M tongue Fire Red 3 Jordan 5..

If the tongue is somewhat dirty can I just use a magic eraser to clean it?
Yes, that should be fine or you can use detergent/dish soap + warm water + toothbrush and just lightly brush and clean it.
Question for fellow restorers..i have a ds pair of 03 cm3s im restoring/customising with new mids/nike logo soles and nike logo heeltabs from 1988 and wanted to get vote wether i should paint mids/tabs a aged color or just leave white. Thanks
I personally like having it look clean and white, but to each their own. If you want that aged look, then that's also fine.
Got water on my wtk7s and used a cloth to wipe it off and next thing I know paint was coming off?...da ****. What can I do :/, repaint it?
Is that a plastic piece? Not too sure what to do, but repainting it looks like the only option. Might want to bring it to a shoe repair store and ask them if they know how to do anything or can do anything, but they'll probably tell you the same thing.

I just got the Air Jordan XI "Legend Blue" today, I don't plan on wearing them until spring/summer 2015 but are there any tips I should use beforehand to keep them clean and not looking yellow over time? Like my 2001 "Concords" are straight dawged and I always seem to get my hands on the white XI's, which are the hardest to keep clean, but never the "space jams "or "Breds". How would I clean the "Legend Blue" and my 2001 "Concords"?

Last edited:
like many of you i have a few nice pairs. i clean /stuff them after every wear..the thing i hate is the bottoms.. many of u may not care about cleaning the bottoms and just worry about the uppers.. but i always scrub the bottoms after every wear...do any of you have a good technique or way of cleaning the soles/? or do u guys just not care?sole protectors are cool but expensive// its just stupid to me...like the plastic on aunt lenore's couch sticking to u in the summer time..what do you guys think?

Last edited:
like many of you i have a few nice pairs. i clean /stuff them after every wear..the thing i hate is the bottoms.. many of u may not care about cleaning the bottoms and just worry about the uppers.. but i always scrub the bottoms after every wear...do any of you have a good technique or way of cleaning the soles/? or do u guys just not care?sole protectors are cool but expensive// its just stupid to me...like the plastic on aunt lenore's couch sticking to u in the summer time..what do you guys think?
I use soapy water an an old toothbrush, that's all you really need for the bottoms since its rubber

I just got the Air Jordan XI "Legend Blue" today, I don't plan on wearing them until spring/summer 2015 but are there any tips I should use beforehand to keep them clean and not looking yellow over time? Like my 2001 "Concords" are straight dawged and I always seem to get my hands on the white XI's, which are the hardest to keep clean, but never the "space jams "or "Breds". How would I clean the "Legend Blue" and my 2001 "Concords"?
I wouldn't touch the Legends with Water first of all.. Water will speed up the yellowing process.  I've never used sole protector but im going to invest.  Think of the concept with the iPhones and glass armor.  It's gotta work if the sole never actually touches the ground.

I wouldn't touch the Legends with Water first of all.. Water will speed up the yellowing process.  I've never used sole protector but im going to invest.  Think of the concept with the iPhones and glass armor.  It's gotta work if the sole never actually touches the ground.

Thanks man. Repped!

It's been a minute since I checked out this thread. I decided to order some reshoevn8r to see if it was as good as IG shows. It was OK. Like it's not awful and if you're not the type to breakdown a product or figure out stuff on your own then it's good enough for most shoes. However, they're bottling a very simple formula and selling it. I've been restoring quite a few kicks and IMO the best thing about their products are the brushes. I started using my stuff exclusively and the results have been just as good if not better.  The problem with them is they dont tell you HOW to really use their stuff.  Anyway, i'll be posting more pics once I start uploading them.

any suggestions on an adhesive to glue the nike and swoosh plastic mold I had made in place of the Jumpman on my black cement 3s? I'm gonna dremmel off the Jumpman

I use soapy water an an old toothbrush, that's all you really need for the bottoms since its rubber
This

If you are talking about the upper, then all you have to do is wipe. Soap and water cleaning after every wear doesn't speed up the yellowing process. Your pair actually fares better over time if you clean them after every wear. Climate and sunlight have more of an effect on the yellowing process. My pair over time..

how much white would i need for a white cement 4 sole swap. Would 2oz be enough or should i get more?

how much white would i need for a white cement 4 sole swap. Would 2oz be enough or should i get more?
Are you trying to mix & lighten the midsole coloring to make the 2012's like the OG's? If so and if you haven't already, I would personally just buy the pre-made 2012 cement colored paint. Then just get another 1 oz of white and mix it like that to your liking.

http://angelusdirect.com/products/collector-edition-white-cement
Does a crunchy ankle collar padding on OG Jordan 1s mean they aren't wearable?
Jordan 1's are pretty durable and have a complete rubber midsole. The midsole is pretty much what determines a shoes wearability, rubber is pretty strong. Shoes with foam are the dangerous ones (e.g. 3's,4's 5's,6's,etc.)

Although the shoe is indeed wearable, many old aged 1's are prone to midsole chipping.

Example:

Last edited:
Anybody Know how to get this out (sea glow? Acetone?) I don't know what happened. My guess is the ink from the receipt got on the the ice. Please help!!!

Anybody Know how to get this out (sea glow? Acetone?) I don't know what happened. My guess is the ink from the receipt got on the the ice. Please help!!!
a lot of people including myself has had **** issue with some newer models with the clear sole [concord lows for me], there is no fix dude. 

No 100% clear solution yet. If anything, I would try acetone as it's worked for some.
What type of Angelus finisher should be used after repainting Jordan V and VIII midsoles?
It really depends on what type of look you want. Most people just get the normal one, but if you want a high glossy look, then get the high gloss, if you want a matte finish, then get the matte. If you don't know what you want, definitely just recommend the normal one.

No 100% clear solution yet. If anything, I would try acetone as it's worked for some.

I tried a form of acetone that wifey uses as a nail polish remover using a qtip. The ink faded off and reappeared 2 minutes later. Do you think I have to do this continuously? Daily?

I tried a form of acetone that wifey uses as a nail polish remover using a qtip. The ink faded off and reappeared 2 minutes later. Do you think I have to do this continuously? Daily?
If that actually worked for a little, you might want to try 100% pure acetone instead of what you're using now. You could try doing it continuously and daily, and if it doesn't work after a while, then now you know it doesn't work lol.

Again, a lot of people have had the same issue with the ink and there isn't really a solid solution yet, so just use your best judgement on what you want to do.

The paint on the toe cap area is chipping. Do I just repaint the toe cap or the whole upper?

If that actually worked for a little, you might want to try 100% pure acetone instead of what you're using now. You could try doing it continuously and daily, and if it doesn't work after a while, then now you know it doesn't work lol.

Again, a lot of people have had the same issue with the ink and there isn't really a solid solution yet, so just use your best judgement on what you want to do.

Thanks man.

Back
Top Bottom