:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

anyone know how to remove glue stains on patent leather? There those three streaks on the shoe that bug the heck out of me.

Rubbing Alcohol! Very carefully

I used kiwi shoe spray on my am14's and now the airbbag part looks dull.. How can I shine them back up? Will this stuff wear off in time?

Hey Guys,

I saw a you-tube video where a guy used hydrogen peroxide to disinfect the inside of the shoe. Anybody try this?

I have no idea where this stain came from. Its not a typical black scuff you can remove with nail polish remover. It seems as if something has faded onto the patent leather. Any suggestions ? I've tried magic eraser, soap & water.

I used kiwi shoe spray on my am14's and now the airbbag part looks dull.. How can I shine them back up? Will this stuff wear off in time?
Is it fogged?

Could try to clean them with water + laundry detergent...see if that helps. Could also use some gloss maybe?

Hey Guys,

I saw a you-tube video where a guy used hydrogen peroxide to disinfect the inside of the shoe. Anybody try this?
Disinfectant wipes or a disinfectant spray would be a lot easier to use and get your hands on.
I have no idea where this stain came from. Its not a typical black scuff you can remove with nail polish remover. It seems as if something has faded onto the patent leather. Any suggestions ? I've tried magic eraser, soap & water.
Have you tried acetone/nail polish remover yet? I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it, might just work, that would be the first thing that comes to mind for something like this.  If that doesn't work and all else fails, you might need to just repaint the area and blend it in to the surrounding patent leather.

Last edited:
Is it fogged?

Could try to clean them with water + laundry detergent...see if that helps. Could also use some gloss maybe?

Disinfectant wipes or a disinfectant spray would be a lot easier to use and get your hands on.

Have you tried acetone/nail polish remover yet? I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it, might just work, that would be the first thing that comes to mind for something like this.  If that doesn't work and all else fails, you might need to just repaint the area and blend it in to the surrounding patent leather.

The nail polish remover was not effective. Its like the stain is under the leather, if that makes sense. Doesnt seem to be a surface stain.

Hey NT I noticed there was no certain paint color for repainting Jordan 4 white cement from 1999 so I did a little mixing and came up with the colors pretty close. The colors on next were:
A almost full bottle Angeles light gray
2 teaspoons of flat white
A tiny hint of gold
I will post pics when I finish repainting the donor midsoles.
You may have to add a bit of white or black if your color is not exact.

Dirt mark on Hare 7 suede. Help please.
First try a suede eraser and brush. You can find them in most stores like target or try amazon. Some people even say you can use a regular pencil eraser. 

If that doesn't work you will need a cleaner like Jason Markk or Reshoevn8r. Make sure you follow these instructions very carefully. Luckily the color on your shoes should be easier to clean since it is not a dark dye.

The 3M on these DS Metallic White 5s is flawed . . . I thought it was a glue stain at first, but now I'm thinking the 3M paint may have been scratched or smeared before it dried during manufacturing. I'm not sure what it is, but if it's not too much trouble then I'd like to fix it. Has anyone dealt with this before? Can 3M be restored?

So I did a repaint on my laser 1s, turned them in to breds. All turned out fine except for some sole dye I got on the midsole. Anything I can do to get rid of the dye? Should I paint over it?

Already tried using acetone. Didn't make much of a difference since most of it had dried.

So I did a repaint on my laser 1s, turned them in to breds. All turned out fine except for some sole dye I got on the midsole. Anything I can do to get rid of the dye? Should I paint over it?

Already tried using acetone. Didn't make much of a difference since most of it had dried.
If acetone didn't work, then yes, repaint it. Use a q-tip and slightly dab white paint over the reddened parts.

The 3M on these DS Metallic White 5s is flawed . . . I thought it was a glue stain at first, but now I'm thinking the 3M paint may have been scratched or smeared before it dried during manufacturing. I'm not sure what it is, but if it's not too much trouble then I'd like to fix it. Has anyone dealt with this before? Can 3M be restored?
There's probably something out there, but it would take a professional to know. I've never learned how to restore 3m and from what I've researched, can't really find anything on the internet.
Is anyone doing restorations right now?

I got a few pair I could use some work on.

10684320_854824484535960_1591748734_n.jpg
Depending on what you need done, I might be able to help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom