:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

any fixes for these? these are glue stains by the way and the back part got cut (idk why wtf)

2011's?

If so, the Nubuck will be a lot more forgiving than the Durabuck on earlier releases. I'd hit the glue stain on the toe with some sand paper. Start with an aggressive grit and get finer and finer. They'll never look 100% but it should remove the glue without completely destroying the shoe.

As for the heel.... I'll probably catch some flack for this, but I'd just stitch it up in an x pattern with some contrasting thread (Red or White). Hit a few other random seams with the same pattern and finish it off by covering the 23s and Jumpmans on the heel with a cool little patch of your choice. You'll never be able to repair that seamlessly so I figure best bet is to own it and make some cool punky beaters out of them.

TacketWithCrossStitch3.jpg

Hi fam and thanks in advance for all the help through the years, i have a pair of the OG black/white nike air Barrages and need to know what the black material on the uppers is because i need to redye them and dont want to get the wrong stuff
anyone? someone has to own these and know.

i was only asking because i dont want to get a dye that would mess them up or not be compatible thats all.
you pretty much only have two options anyway. 1 is leather dye and 1 is suede dye. obviously for what you need, use the suede dye. 

2011's?

If so, the Nubuck will be a lot more forgiving than the Durabuck on earlier releases. I'd hit the glue stain on the toe with some sand paper. Start with an aggressive grit and get finer and finer. They'll never look 100% but it should remove the glue without completely destroying the shoe.

As for the heel.... I'll probably catch some flack for this, but I'd just stitch it up in an x pattern with some contrasting thread (Red or White). Hit a few other random seams with the same pattern and finish it off by covering the 23s and Jumpmans on the heel with a cool little patch of your choice. You'll never be able to repair that seamlessly so I figure best bet is to own it and make some cool punky beaters out of them.

TacketWithCrossStitch3.jpg
thanks for the tip man, I didn't cop em anyway. But he chargin 25$ for those. 

Does anyone use water repellent on their shoes?

I was thinking of investing in the jason markk repel but wasn't sure if it's harmful to my sneakers. Will it affect the colour or material? Is it safe to spray on suede/nubuck?

People say it gives a mild yellow haze to white shoes. I've used it and never noticed that. Over the years, since 02, I've used the foot locker water repellant and it has never damaged a shoe of mine.

I was thinking of investing in the jason markk repel but wasn't sure if it's harmful to my sneakers. Will it affect the colour or material? Is it safe to spray on suede/nubuck?

I also used the foot locker repellent since 05 and have never had an issue on any kicks (no patent leather though)

I was going to strictly use it on suede/nubuck. I live in canada so I need something to protect my shoes from the moisture in the winter. I know moisture and suede don't mix so I just wanna make sure.

Should I get the jason markk or footlocker repellent?

JM has grown a reputation for being a superior product, but i had no issue with the foot locker

I've used it on 3's and 5's so far that were white. It didnt do anything to hurt them and didnt change color.

I'm about to un ds bred 4's since i cant get rid of them for some reason. Anyone know how to remove a little yellowing on the gray waffle tabs?

I used Raleigh Restoration's "Ice Cream" in the same way you would use it for yellowed soles and it worked. 

So what cleaning materials do most of you use? Jason Markk?
Honestly I just use soap and water and a small suede brush, works like a charm. JM seems like the go-to cleaner for most NT'ers unless its suede or nubuck, then Lincoln EZ cleaner comes into play.

i own pretty much all of them, but only really use JM, and the foot locker spray cleaner.
Oh ok, have you or anyone else ever used Clyde premium sneaker cleaner & conditioner? I just watched a youtube video where this guy used it to clean his 350 boost. here's the link in case anyone was interested in watching.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom