:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Would that also work for covering up the creases? They're horrible and ironing them doesn't sound like a good idea, lol. I just placed my order today on Angelus, ordered regular white and not flat white, hope I made the right choice.
painting over crease doesn't do anything.

you can iron them all you want with those instruction videos. as soon as you wear them again it will crease again. it literaly makes no difference. just leave it alone.

Vintage Sneaker Issue: I come across quite a few vintage kicks with peeling tongues. I'm not sure what the material is but it often cracks/peels/and/or gets sticky and then cracks. Anyone know what the material is that is cracking and peeling? Is it paint? Can I peel the stuff off and just repaint the tongues on the shoes in the photo? What kind of paint would I use?

I'm not sure if you can iron that type of material. I know people said you can iron laneys and stealth 5's with the tumbled leather. I'm not sure about the material on the fire reds though. I would wait and see if anyone can tell you if its safe

Does anyone know if the Air Max Unit in the Jordan Future is the same in the Jordan 11? I'm trying to replace the popped units in my Space James. Thanks!

I just purchased Reshoevn8r product to clean my 11 Concord lows and it worked great.

I cleaned them with the product then put them in the washer. Came out crispy clean. Wish I would of taken before and after pics.

Up next to clean is my DMP 11. I will not put this pair in the washer though. Just gonna clean the mesh and laces.

Vintage Sneaker Issue: I come across quite a few vintage kicks with peeling tongues. I'm not sure what the material is but it often cracks/peels/and/or gets sticky and then cracks. Anyone know what the material is that is cracking and peeling? Is it paint? Can I peel the stuff off and just repaint the tongues on the shoes in the photo? What kind of paint would I use?
looks like vinyl layer is done for good. only way to fix that is to unstitch the tongue and replaced the material. paint won't do you any good. these old kicks won't be good for wear anyway, just leave it as it for collection. 

Does anyone know if the Air Max Unit in the Jordan Future is the same in the Jordan 11? I'm trying to replace the popped units in my Space James. Thanks!
yes it is, but you need to go half size up on the Future for the midsole to be the same size.

looks like vinyl layer is done for good. only way to fix that is to unstitch the tongue and replaced the material. paint won't do you any good. these old kicks won't be good for wear anyway, just leave it as it for collection. 
Actually, these shoes should still be wearable. The only issue is the tongue.

Trying to restore my Kobe grinches. Does anyone know how I could get rid of scratches/scuffs on the heel cup on the kobe 6s? Pic for reference.

What would be the best cleaner for use on say the ballistic mesh upper of the Concord 11s and the (white) flyknit material on the racers & Kobe elites?
i haven't tried to clean the white ballistic mesh on my concords because i don't wear them that much and they are still clean, but i just use JM for flyknit and my kobe elites. if you need to whiten the ballistic mesh you can try the Rit whitener in liquid form. i have a bottle on hand, but haven't need to use it yet.

Trying to restore my Kobe grinches. Does anyone know how I could get rid of scratches/scuffs on the heel cup on the kobe 6s? Pic for reference.
you can't do much with plastic heel cup once they are scuffed up. the best you can do is some elbow grease, a towel, and goo gone.

Last edited:
HELP!

I stupidly tried to clean my kobe 9 beethovens with detergent and the black flyknit on the toe box started to bleed and stain the white flyknit around it purple. Is there a way to remove the dye stain from the white flyknit?

HELP!

I stupidly tried to clean my kobe 9 beethovens with detergent and the black flyknit on the toe box started to bleed and stain the white flyknit around it purple. Is there a way to remove the dye stain from the white flyknit?
not likely. you can try Rit whitener in liquid form, but no guarantee

Last edited:
What kind of angelus paint should I use to restore the midsoles of bred 4s? Also should I use a matte finisher and how should I remove the paint. I was told acetone but I know there's another method that you can just scrape it off. Should I try that and with what?

Last edited:
Anyone know if it is safe to use angelus acrylic leather paint on the rubber midsoles? Have an inch long black scuff on them. Would be using white btw.

Can't hurt to try it. If it starts to come off you can use acetone to remove it. From my experience, it works.

I have a ds pair of bred 4's from 2012, the waffle tabs are yellowing. is there any safe way to unyellow them back to their normal gray?  And since the midsoles crack, would it be better to get the regular or flat black and white paint from angelus?    Thanks

Last edited:
My gamma 11s that i recently bought are squeaking loud af when i walk. Tried taking out the sole and putting wd-40 but that didnt work. People said baby powder worked but i dont have any baby powder yet. Could it be that maybe since its a new shoe i just need to break in it. Ik the air unit isnt popped because if it was it would be noticeable when i walk

My gamma 11s that i recently bought are squeaking loud af when i walk. Tried taking out the sole and putting wd-40 but that didnt work. People said baby powder worked but i dont have any baby powder yet. Could it be that maybe since its a new shoe i just need to break in it. Ik the air unit isnt popped because if it was it would be noticeable when i walk
WD-40 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

and yes, use baby powder.

Get that baby powder fam, fixed my 2013 grape 5's right up.

Can anyone give me some insight on how i can get the glue stains off my 750s? I have the timberland rubber nubuck brush but any ideas on some solution or will i be ok using some warm water? Im reluctant to go at black suede with the rubber eraser...

Last edited:
I use Dawn dish soap, toothbrush, hot and cold water, small towel, baby wipes and small pocket knife to pick soles for rocks and ****.......F [emoji]128529[/emoji] eyed Jason markk, F Crep, F Footlocker, Footaction, Finishline's Crap *** Shoe Cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom