:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Dog chewed my futures how to fix? tailor?

little yellowing on netting would a sole sauce fix it?
Getting the future's tongue stitched would make it look better, but of course it still won't be at full glory. Parts of the tongue are gone.. as for the tours, yes a sole sauce will work.

How do I remove this crease

sorry its not jordan but tips on minimizing or getting rid of the discoloration on these 97s? Help is appreciated thanks!

Last edited:
How can I remove, or disguise this scuff/scratch on my 6s? I've already tried acetone, and lightly repainted over it, but it was noticeable no matter how little paint (Angelus) I used.

Any help with these?  I think it is the shoe actually breaking down and the glue coming in through the suede.  They were stored on my shelf where nothing could get on them and pulled them out with a similar mark a few months back.  I was able to clean it off with a suede eraser after a lot of work that time.  Now I went to wear them a few months later and pulled them off the shelf and the mark is back.  At this point the suede is breaking down trying to clean it.  Anything for this issue specifically?  I see the Lincoln EZ Cleaner rec'd a lot, will that work or is there something better?  

]

Still need a pair of those
smokin.gif
 definitely get the EZ cleaner. 
Ok, so I did 4 rounds with the EZ cleaner letting it dry for a couple of days in between.  Helped a good bit, but still painfully noticable.  Is there a next step here or do I just have to wait for a re release? lol

So this has been really pissing me off lately because ive worn these 11's like 4 times. So of course when I first bought them they had NO sign of this but after the first time i wore it. UNDER the icy sole on the side there is this black stain or something and its UNDER the icy sole. Ive noticed after ive tried Various things like rubbing alcohol, angelus easy cleaner and anything you can name. I didnt try goof off cause i feel like if i buy it its not gonna make a difference. Please help me :/

Last edited:
So this has been really pissing me off lately because ive worn these 11's like 4 times. So of course when I first bought them they had NO sign of this but after the first time i wore it. UNDER the icy sole on the side there is this black stain or something and its UNDER the icy sole. Ive noticed after ive tried Various things like rubbing alcohol, angelus easy cleaner and anything you can name. I didnt try goof off cause i feel like if i buy it its not gonna make a difference. Please help me :/

Did you leave your receipt in the box with it? If so then that's the ink from it. Same thing happened to my black infrared sixes and I haven't found a fix for it yet. Some say that nail polish remover might work but I haven't tried that yet

Last edited:
Did you leave your receipt in the box with it? If so then that's the ink from it. Same thing happened to my black infrared sixes and I haven't found a fix for it yet. Some say that nail polish remover might work but I haven't tried that yet

Ohh my god. It was the reciept yes. I have it directly under. I thought to myself if it would affect it. Thanks so much for that. Ive also tried nail polish remover but no luck :/

Last edited:
definitely nothing to do with receipt. unless you guy bought from stores that still uses ink jet on their receipt. most stores like footlocker, footaction, champs, finishline, and Nike all uses thermo paper for receipts. there's no ink on the thermo papers. my Kobe X Mambacurials got some black marks that ate into the rubber too on the outsole and those have been in my gym bag the whole time and i've only used them for indoor basketball. they were prestine when i bought them. 

Last edited:
Anyone tried using a UV light with the sole sauce?
I tried them on my air penny 1 and it really worked well. But I tried them on my aj11. And after 24 hours the results were minimal. Maybe it takes a longer time?

definitely nothing to do with receipt. unless you guy bought from stores that still uses ink jet on their receipt. most stores like footlocker, footaction, champs, finishline, and Nike all uses thermo paper for receipts. there's no ink on the thermo papers. my Kobe X Mambacurials got some black marks that ate into the rubber too on the outsole and those have been in my gym bag the whole time and i've only used them for indoor basketball. they were prestine when i bought them. 

Ink from a printed paper would not transfer. The thermo print is what transfers. If you disagree, feel free to put a foot locker receipt face up directly under some ice sole J's. Ever notice how the thermo receipts fade if you leave them in your wallet? Cuz it rubs off.

Ink from a printed paper would not transfer. The thermo print is what transfers. If you disagree, feel free to put a foot locker receipt face up directly under some ice sole J's. Ever notice how the thermo receipts fade if you leave them in your wallet? Cuz it rubs off.

They are coated with a colorless dye. They fade because the dye reacts to uv light, water, moisture, oil, etc over time. Most of these paper are coated to reduce fading. They do not rub off. You can use your fingernail to mark the paper because it generates enough heat to induce the chemical reaction of the dye.

most of my receipts are in the boxes including shoes with clear soles. The two pairs that has the marks in my possession has never contacted the receipts. my Kobe X Mambacurial with the clear silver outsole has the same type of marks that has never contacted any receipts. There's also a tiny dot on the tip of the toe cap on my Mambacurial. My AJ gamma XI that has the mark in the same place that everyone else commonly gets has never been in contact with its receipt which is under the paper in the box.

Look at the guy with the 72-10 above, it's on both shoe's out rigger. If he has the receipt in the box the shoes are facing different directions, the out rigger is facing different directions ( one up and one down). I don't think he would wrap the receipts around the shoes. With the receipt moving around inside the box, why only the out rigger gets affected. The receipt theory just doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
alright... you're right. everyone that has posted proof in the past is wrong. including this guy that JUST said the receipt was resting right on the sole

Not sure where he bought them from, but NDC and other online receipts are just regular printer paper and ink, right? Also, he could've worn them and put them back in the box on opposite sides than they were at first, causing both shoes to get stained. Just a possibility.

Last edited:
Well i think it was from the receipts. I bought them from Shieks if that makes a difference. But anyways before this happened i used to keep my receipt on top but then it got annoying always taking out my shoes so i just decided to put my reciept under my shoes so it wouldnt bother me. After i did that its when i noticed the black marks. I have worn them a couple times so yes i most likely switched to the opposite sides. I wish i couldve known.

Well i think it was from the receipts. I bought them from Shieks if that makes a difference. But anyways before this happened i used to keep my receipt on top but then it got annoying always taking out my shoes so i just decided to put my reciept under my shoes so it wouldnt bother me. After i did that its when i noticed the black marks. I have worn them a couple times so yes i most likely switched to the opposite sides. I wish i couldve known.

Like I said, just keep the receipt separate it in a Ziploc baggie. This has happened to many members here if you read back thru the thread

Back
Top Bottom