:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Hello,You all seem to know what your doing so I was hoping yall could help me, if someone dyed their soles black (he did an all black custom on gammas) could I un-dye or dye it into a lighter color? Possibly reverse it?
I would say no since the whole reason of dying something is to make it permanent. I may be going completely left field with this so don't quote me on it 
laugh.gif

Wats up guys my OG bred 12s finally started separating. I was able to peel both soles of with my hands. Couple questions
1. Wats the best glue and glue applying method?
2. What's the best game plan as far as holding the sole still while the glue dries?
3.should I clean old glue off if so with what?
Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated I love these shoes.
I also have some air Jordan 1s that have start to come unglued any help on those would've appreciated as well

Last edited:

Wats up guys my OG bred 12s finally started separating. I was able to peel both soles of with my hands. Couple questions
2. What's the best game plan as far as holding the sole still while the glue dries?
I also have some air Jordan 1s that have start to come unglued any help on those would've appreciated as well
barge cement, the green can. think it's labeled 5000
get cotton wipes/balls and scrub the sole with acetone before applying to remove old excess glue.
get a few shoe strings and wrap and tie around the shoe after gluing the soles and let it sit

Last edited:
Thought I share my restoration and minor customs I have done over the last 2 years. Most are my personal pair and my kids but I have done a few of my friends kicks (carmines, concords, cool grey XI, OG IX)

Some simple stuff like pink swoosh to white for my wife. Changed the CP3 for my son from bred to gamma and my 2010s to Infrared 2010s

Laser fragment customs too. Which i need to find another pair so I can do either a bred or black toe with the black tounge.

get cotton wipes/balls and scrub the sole with acetone before applying to remove old excess glue.
get a few shoe strings and wrap and tie around the shoe after gluing the soles and let it sit

exactly what he said.... here is my post from a while back. i was using e6000 because i found it to hold better than barge cement, BUT i was originally using the blue tube of barge cement. i have since bought the green jar and it is much better than e6000 and the blue tube version.

Currently working on my XII breds from circa 03. Almost complete separation on one foot and minimal on other.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to hold down the toe box area? Using e6000 cuz it seems to hold a lot better than the barge cement, but takes a lot longer to set

exactly what he said.... here is my post from a while back. i was using e6000 because i found it to hold better than barge cement, BUT i was originally using the blue tube of barge cement. i have since bought the green jar and it is much better than e6000 and the blue tube version.

Currently working on my XII breds from circa 03. Almost complete separation on one foot and minimal on other.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to hold down the toe box area? Using e6000 cuz it seems to hold a lot better than the barge cement, but takes a lot longer to set

Is it true the heel on old 12s can crumble?
there's some og obsidians that's been sitting at a place for 200. kinda want em

Last edited:
I've personally never seen a 12 crumble, only separate. And I've seen plenty of original pairs

The only thing to really worry about on old 12s is complete sole separation, and the cracked jumpman tab

For the due with the carpet stains on his foamposites

grab some blue colored windex. Spray them, let rhem sit for a few minutes, then scrub with a towel. Repeat the process. It works well for fresh stains, if its settled in itnmay be more difficult.

Last edited:
grab some suede cleaner, or better yet some jason mark.

If you get suede cleaner spray, do not brush or rub it. Spray, let it dry. Spray again.

Last thing you want to do is try to brush or wipe black suede, it makes the stains worse.

Last edited:
Hello,You all seem to know what your doing so I was hoping yall could help me, if someone dyed their soles black (he did an all black custom on gammas) could I un-dye or dye it into a lighter color? Possibly reverse it?
No. Once you dye it black, you could try dying it blue, but then your just mixing colors.  You can redye Dirty soles or yellowed soles back to light blue. No pun intended, but once you turn em black you cant go back. You could try dying them another dark color, but it will be difficult.

Last edited:
Another restore i just finished. Rocking them to work today. Deep cleaned them and midsole repaint. Had to mix up the grey to get it close to the real color. Angelus regular grey was too light.

Been out the sole yellowing game for a min what's the best stuff for clear soles? Last stuff I used was sea glow

Back
Top Bottom