:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

So, I have some new 4s that I wore once or twice. After I'm done wearing them I let em sit overnight and the next day I stuff the wooden thing (with paper stuffed under it) back into the toe box (that comes with new shoes). Is this a good way to help prevent creases or am I just making the material worse?

Also do you guys suggest force fields or sneakershields?

Thanks in advance for your help

i stuff mine with plastic wearable shoe trees... it works the best. But once it becomes creased bad, it becomes impossible to remove. At that point you can try ironing them out, but ironing wont work on tumbled or textured leather.

If you want to prevent them, the plastic wearble shoe trees work. However they are uncomfortable to wear..

Last edited:
i stuff mine with plastic wearable shoe trees... it works the best. But once it becomes creased bad, it becomes impossible to remove. At that point you can try ironing them out, but ironing wont work on tumbled or textured leather.

If you want to prevent them, the plastic wearble shoe trees work. However they are uncomfortable to wear..

I see, I heard the plastic wearable shoe trees were uncomfortable so i went with the forcefields from champs, but they don't look like they can get the job done compared to the plastic ones. Hopefully they do the trick lol

If you get the sneaker shield it works good with .5 up size shoe from your Tts so it doesn't hurt. If you use the force fields it worked good with Tts shoes because it will be snug . It prevent deep creases on the top part of the shoes but won't prevent side creases. But in todays Jordan remastered leather you don't really need those, they don't crease as bad as those 2012 wc4 and those fire red 5s.

Last edited:
Thanks, what are "size creases"? Sorry, I'm new to the sneaker world. I have a pair of the new alternate 89s and plan on getting the master 12s and/or chrome 8s. I will be using the force fields but I won't be taking off the plastic on the tape of the force fields, that way I could use em on all my pair of shoes instead of buying new ones for each pair. I was wondering if the force fields would work fine without sticking them to the top of the toebox.

Thanks, what are "size creases"? Sorry, I'm new to the sneaker world. I have a pair of the new alternate 89s and plan on getting the master 12s and/or chrome 8s. I will be using the force fields but I won't be taking off the plastic on the tape of the force fields, that way I could use em on all my pair of shoes instead of buying new ones for each pair. I was wondering if the force fields would work fine without sticking them to the top of the toebox.
Side creases. Sorry

Yea they'll still work without sticking them in only one shoe.

Quick question guys. Does anybody have a solution for sticky midsoles? My og 14's and 17's are suffering from this issue.
Pretty sure this has been brought up before but I never found an answer.

There's some serious talent in this thread and I need some advice. I'm brand new at attempting to restore some shoes and I bought these OG cool greys for a good deal because there was serious sole/midsole separation. I took the shoe apart and cleaned off the old glue. I just re-glued the midsoles yesterday but I couldn't seem to get everything to glue evenly. I carefully applied the glue everywhere but i have areas where the glue didn't bond.

What can be done to get a even re-glue without these small areas that need to be touched up. I applied the barge cement and let sit for 10 min to dry. I then hit it briefly with the heat gun. then I attached the midsole to the upper. I seen some restorers on YouTube let the glue cure for two hours and others let the glue sit for 8 minutes before putting together. Some people use the heat gun and others do not. What's other people's experience with how long to let the glue dry before re-attaching? when you all do your sole swaps or re-glues do you usually need to go back and do some touch ups? Any other advice is appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
I asked about this is the Alternate 89 Thread but never got a great answer. I got some denim stains on the plastic heel and wings on my 4s. Any suggestions...got most of it out with Simple Green, Oxy Clean, and rubbing alcohol. I can still see a little of it on the plastic. Any suggestions? All the leather is totally fine.

Looking to buy a pair of grinch 6s that have this scuff on the heel, can anything be done to fix it

So i have a pair of legend blue 11s and the sole has finally yellowed up & turned a greenish color, i was wondering if i used 40 volume cream or angelus sole bright if it would bring back the blue tint or would i have to dye the sole to make the blue tinted sole again. If i DO have to dye the sole, can anybody help on what color i should use to do so?????? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Last edited:
Looking to buy a pair of grinch 6s that have this scuff on the heel, can anything be done to fix it
I think somebody a while back posted that you can try a little of rubbing alcohol to clear it up a bit, but since it's on that type of material nothing much is gonna happen.

So i have a pair of legend blue 11s and the sole has finally yellowed up & turned a greenish color, i was wondering if i used 40 volume cream or angelus sole bright if it would bring back the blue tint or would i have to dye the sole to make the blue tinted sole again. If i DO have to dye the sole, can anybody help on what color i should use to do so?????? Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Use the 40 volume cream first to clear up the sole, then get some sole dye. Personally I've never used his dye but I've heard some good reviews about FBCC as a customizer at least.

http://thecustomizersdepot.bigcartel.com/product/fbcc-sole-dye

Just pick legend blue and you should be good to go.

Any idea how to get these marks out of my infrared 6s? I believe it was caused by the right and left shoe rubbing against each other

I asked about this is the Alternate 89 Thread but never got a great answer. I got some denim stains on the plastic heel and wings on my 4s. Any suggestions...got most of it out with Simple Green, Oxy Clean, and rubbing alcohol. I can still see a little of it on the plastic. Any suggestions? All the leather is totally fine.

How'd you get denim stains on shoes? Is there any way to prevent that? I have the alternate 89s and would like to avoid this problem if possible. Thanks

Raw denim and white shoes is not a good combo.

Even if I buy regular Levi's, I wash them twice before I wear them. I also treat every shoe with waterproofing spray just in case.

Hi, Does someone help me please?

I have bought a Foamposite Gone Fishing

and in the first time that I used happened it on the bottom of sole and I don't know what is it...

Said me that it happened due my car's carpet. Thanks

Hi, Does someone help me please?

I have bought a Foamposite Gone Fishing
and in the first time that I used happened it on the bottom of sole and I don't know what is it...
Said me that it happened due my car's carpet. Thanks

I would the I would think a magic eraser would take that dirt right out.

Not out of an icy sole. But worth a try. Similar issue with the ink from receipts.. The icy sole absorbs and can't be undone

Hello,You all seem to know what your doing so I was hoping yall could help me, if someone dyed their soles black (he did an all black custom on gammas) could I un-dye or dye it into a lighter color? Possibly reverse it?

Back
Top Bottom