:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

quick angelus paint question. could u use the colors listed on the shoe box as a way to pick your colors? like are the colors on the boxes the same as theangelus paints?

good job on your flint IXs ! man I had a pair of those back in grade 8, wish I still had em!
pimp.gif

I have a question but it may have been already asked. Sorry, but I have a friend who has some ds space jams from 01 and i want them.
If i wear them will they crack or will the sole fall off? just want to know before i buy the shoes. Thanks

Originally Posted by DaTopCat85

I have a question but it may have been already asked. Sorry, but I have a friend who has some ds space jams from 01 and i want them.
If i wear them will they crack or will the sole fall off? just want to know before i buy the shoes. Thanks

no they wont...i had a ds pair of 01 bred xi's and i just un-ds'd them last week...the quality is actually good on these unlike the stuff now-a-days

Originally Posted by kmark2092

quick angelus paint question. could u use the colors listed on the shoe box as a way to pick your colors? like are the colors on the boxes the same as the angelus paints?

for the most part, yes they're the same. it's when you get into the oddball colors you'll have a difficult time. colors like infared, militaryblue, midnight navy, etc won't be available. you're gonna have to figure out what colors are needed to be mixed to achieve these shades.
-jakecuevas- great job on your ix's. did you just use the regular grey color of angelus? it looks like in the pic the bottle of angelus is the color grey.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by kmark2092

quick angelus paint question. could u use the colors listed on the shoe box as a way to pick your colors? like are the colors on the boxes the same as the angelus paints?

for the most part, yes they're the same. it's when you get into the oddball colors you'll have a difficult time. colors like infared, military blue, midnight navy, etc won't be available. you're gonna have to figure out what colors are needed to be mixed to achieve these shades.
-jakecuevas- great job on your ix's. did you just use the regular grey color of angelus? it looks like in the pic the bottle of angelus is the color grey.
dark grey my friend. it is like a perfect match, when i painted on at the start it looked off and i was pissed.
laugh.gif
but it dried perfect and i was happy lol
laugh.gif

I have a pair of DMP XI that are just slightly dirty on the mesh, now i used the barkeepers friend but it didnt seem to work i used hot water a small brusha tooth brush after i scrubed them i rinse them off . am i doing it wrong THANKS

Hey guys just got these in the mail as a steal ($75) and they are my first pair of "older" shoes with a clear bottom, so I had a few seaglowquestions if you dont mind helping.

1. I was reading about people poking a tiny hole in each sole to make the seaglow work better, can you poke more than one if you space it out?
2. I saw pictures of someones columbias and they were ORANGE and said he seaglowed them and they turned like that because they were out in the sun too long,about how long should they be in the sun without messing them up?

3. Do they absolutely have to go in the sun or can it just be under a light such as a desk lamp?
4. Do you think the 4oz bottle would be enough to clear these up? They are a sz 8 and not too yellow (atleast I don't think)

Sorry if all this has been asked before, but thanks for the help

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

The toe box on my raptor 7s, is uneven and lumpy.. how do I fix it?
stuff the toe box and when the shape is how you want it leave it for a week-month-year doesnt matter, just until you wear em.
that should work
Originally Posted by HOMERXXI

I have a pair of DMP XI that are just slightly dirty on the mesh, now i used the barkeepers friend but it didnt seem to work i used hot water a small brush a tooth brush after i scrubed them i rinse them off . am i doing it wrong THANKS
if you decide to use a toothbrush,water,soap? it may not do BIG DIFFERENCE...i think barkeepers friend is the best but be careful cause it canleave black marks

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Hey guys just got these in the mail as a steal ($75) and they are my first pair of "older" shoes with a clear bottom, so I had a few seaglow questions if you dont mind helping.

1. I was reading about people poking a tiny hole in each sole to make the seaglow work better, can you poke more than one if you space it out?
2. I saw pictures of someones columbias and they were ORANGE and said he seaglowed them and they turned like that because they were out in the sun too long, about how long should they be in the sun without messing them up?

3. Do they absolutely have to go in the sun or can it just be under a light such as a desk lamp?
4. Do you think the 4oz bottle would be enough to clear these up? They are a sz 8 and not too yellow (atleast I don't think)
1. You can do more than one hole...not big holes, like a thumb tack, just poke 2-3 holes in the highly yellowed area, should be more effective.

2.apply seaglow, leave or 30-45 min....apply seaglow leave for 30-45 min.....do for a total of 2-4 hours total, and you may want to do 2-4 days or until youhave your desired color.

3.desk lamp NO, lol sun works best but i heard you can use a florescent light, but don't no how good this works, best bet is the sun.

4. yea go with that. worst posibliity you can always buy more...

Hope this helps you...

Hey I need help well I bought the dmp xi and vi for a really cheap price but the box was cut in half. Anyone know how I could fix this?

Originally Posted by babycross2011

Hey I need help well I bought the dmp xi and vi for a really cheap price but the box was cut in half. Anyone know how I could fix this?

you want to restore the box? lol

ducktape
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BallinB

Any advice on how to remove the yellowing from the nets on these?
try soap and water, but i doubt that will work, i think there gone.
embarassed.gif

seaglow wont work, can't paint, can replace. idk what else there is

i would try some HOT water and soap, maybe it will help...

goodluck

Lol it's hard taking the shies out now because it's only one hole in the top box so if I wanna wear the vi I gotta take the 11s out first ya digg

Originally Posted by babycross2011

Lol it's hard taking the shies out now because it's only one hole in the top box so if I wanna wear the vi I gotta take the 11s out first ya digg

use a replacement box, but the 6s in a DS jordan box(shoes your keeping on ice)
and put the DS shoes in the 6s box.

that way you wont even need to open the box. and then you have a easy way to get to your worn shoes...

Does oxiclean take yellowing out of the nets? If so how do I use it and whic kind of oxiclean

Originally Posted by 310HxA

can anyone tell me whats the best way to clean the red suede on the 13's BLK/RED?

suede cleaner or try a suede brush.

you can try soap/water and a toothbrush but if you do dont press to hard or it will rub the suede off.

i know it's been posted before, i remember seeing someone post it and i've been trying to find it on here.
but can someone go over the steps as to how to lighten the cement print on the 07 fire red 3s?...i'm trying to make them look og
thanks it would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom