:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

^^^thanks the help is much appreciated
happy.gif

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Hey guys just got these in the mail as a steal ($75) and they are my first pair of "older" shoes with a clear bottom, so I had a few seaglow questions if you dont mind helping.

1. I was reading about people poking a tiny hole in each sole to make the seaglow work better, can you poke more than one if you space it out?
2. I saw pictures of someones columbias and they were ORANGE and said he seaglowed them and they turned like that because they were out in the sun too long, about how long should they be in the sun without messing them up?

3. Do they absolutely have to go in the sun or can it just be under a light such as a desk lamp?
4. Do you think the 4oz bottle would be enough to clear these up? They are a sz 8 and not too yellow (atleast I don't think)
1. You can do more than one hole...not big holes, like a thumb tack, just poke 2-3 holes in the highly yellowed area, should be more effective.

2.apply seaglow, leave or 30-45 min....apply seaglow leave for 30-45 min.....do for a total of 2-4 hours total, and you may want to do 2-4 days or until you have your desired color.

3.desk lamp NO, lol sun works best but i heard you can use a florescent light, but don't no how good this works, best bet is the sun.

4. yea go with that. worst posibliity you can always buy more...

Hope this helps you...
im actually trying to seaglow a few of my pairs but after i leave them out for 30-45 min they still look wet is this normal? and they dont seem tob clearing up that much

^also does it matter what u apply the seaglow with and how much should i put on im using a toothbrush and put it on till the sole looks wet

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by AirDrama23

How do you lace Xii's so that you can visably see the "Two 3"

Where do you put the lace locks on V's and how do you lace them after
dig in the jordan thread. there was a topic about this and you'll find a guide on how to "hop-scotch" lace them to make the two 3 visible. as far as the lace locks on the v's, i put my pair on the top of the shoes right underneath the jumpman logo on the tongue. everyone is different. just experiment to see what looks best to you.

Thanks

Originally Posted by bradlasseigne

^also does it matter what u apply the seaglow with and how much should i put on im using a toothbrush and put it on till the sole looks wet

ok so what i do is dip a toothbrush in there, dont let it drip and then just lightly put it on, dont let it drip down...

and yea it should still look "wet" when you reapply. it really worked with mine and i did 2 hours for one day.

on the cool grey ls retro 3's i got a lil spill of soda on it so it left a brown mark how would i remove this/ Just water on the nubuck/suede material?any help is appreciated thanks

Originally Posted by REALTALKAZ

on the cool grey ls retro 3's i got a lil spill of soda on it so it left a brown mark how would i remove this/ Just water on the nubuck/suede material? any help is appreciated thanks
i have said it about 12 times in this thread....

if you decide to do that on the nubuck/suede material then do not press hard with toothbrush or what ever your using...

good luck my friend.

hot water and soap is a safe bet.

sooo next question lol....i'm painting a pair of beater fire red 3s and trying to make them into cement 3s i removed the red paint with acetone andeverything next thing is painting. how do you make it less streaky and smooth?

Originally Posted by jpena0306

sooo next question lol....i'm painting a pair of beater fire red 3s and trying to make them into cement 3s i removed the red paint with acetone and everything next thing is painting. how do you make it less streaky and smooth?
probably gonna have to do a couple of coats of paint. that way it smooths out the roughness from the brush strokes. i use angelus acrylic finisherafter i'm done painting my jordan's. it cost about $6.00 and makes the painted areas smooth after you're done painting. there's a couple offinishes to the acrylic. i got the low gloss, which seems to work just great.

any one know how to get the yellow on the bottom sole out
cause all the 5's, 6's , 11' 16 get yellow no matter you rock them or not

sneakerfan93- barkeeper's friend work just like if you ever used comet to clean the bathtub, sink, etc. what you want to do for your xiii's laceholderswith the barkeeper's friend is get the bkf and a toothbrush to apply it with. make a paste with the bkf and water. use the paste with the toothbrush toscrub in the laceholders to remove the yellowing. you should see results.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

sneakerfan93- barkeeper's friend work just like if you ever used comet to clean the bathtub, sink, etc. what you want to do for your xiii's laceholders with the barkeeper's friend is get the bkf and a toothbrush to apply it with. make a paste with the bkf and water. use the paste with the toothbrush to scrub in the laceholders to remove the yellowing. you should see results.

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try..btw do they have them at retail stores like walmart,kmart..?

they should have it in a a super market in the cleaning supply section...not that hard to find.

thanks pimp for taking some of the questions....where have you been for a week?

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

The toe box on my raptor 7s, is uneven and lumpy.. how do I fix it?
stuff the toe box and when the shape is how you want it leave it for a week-month-year doesnt matter, just until you wear em.
that should work
I stuffed the toe box probably for a month now, and it is still lumpy.

It got lumpy due to water, I tried cleaning the toe box with water and it got lumpy and uneven.. Anyone have any other tips/suggestions?

Originally Posted by NJstress03

how much seaglow would i need to make these icy again?
3 2 hour sessions should do the trick...

stuff the toe box and when the shape is how you want it leave it for a week-month-year doesnt matter, just until you wear em.
that should work

It got lumpy due to water, I tried cleaning the toe box with water and it got lumpy and uneven.. Anyone have any other tips/suggestions?

ok so because the toebox is that thin material you cant use the iron method...

so what i would do is get the toebox damp when its stuffed and then let dry, you can use a blow dryer, but dont let it get to close because it could mess withthe glue.

another meathod i was told but havent tried yet is stuff toebox and put in freezer for 2 hours
laugh.gif
sounds funny but dude says it works....so try it out maybe....

if you dont mind posting pics i think we could find a solution.

Originally Posted by NJstress03

how much seaglow would i need to make these icy again?
3 2 hour sessions should do the trick...

that should work

ok so because the toebox is that thin material you cant use the iron method...

so what i would do is get the toebox damp when its stuffed and then let dry, you can use a blow dryer, but dont let it get to close because it could mess with the glue.

another meathod i was told but havent tried yet is stuff toebox and put in freezer for 2 hours
laugh.gif
sounds funny but dude says it works....so try it out maybe....

if you dont mind posting pics i think we could find a solution.

Thanks n how much of the product would I need, like what size bottle?

they should have it in a a super market in the cleaning supply section...not that hard to find.

thanks pimp for taking some of the questions....where have you been for a week?
like jakecuevas said, super markets and places like k-mart, wal-mart, target, etc. would all carry bkf. if price is an issue, definately go thewal-mart route. sorry jakecuevas, i've been soooo tired from working 10+ days the past week. i shouldn't complain since i'm still employed lol!plus i've been busy with whatever free time i've had repainting my fire red iii's, applying acrylic finish on my cool grey iv's, and using bkfon the tongue of my beater columbia xi's. each one takes me some time, so by the end of the night i have to get some sleep after each project is complete.

Originally Posted by gwap6790

How do I minimize creases on the toebox of a jordan 3 fire red retro?
do the ironing trick. stuff the toe boxes with newspaper and use an iron with some water to take out the creases. remember this will take them outbut also weakens the leather. if you want to prevent creases in the future, you might want to consider force fields for the toe boxes.

Back
Top Bottom