:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I just purchased the 4/19 CDP, and one of my IVs has some slight yellowing on the grey midsole on its lateral side. Any suggestions on how to remove theoxidation? Sea glow, maybe?

Originally Posted by RetroSniper

Originally Posted by jason16

Good day NT, i just wanna ask what are the chances of a pair of VNDS Retro infra reds crumbling? im having second thoughts buying a pair.

Ive read from other forums the firmness of the sole and the clear bubbles tells if it is wearable. But my friend just bought a pair with the same exact condition and still saw some cracking after a few wears.

I dont want to spend alot and see my grails crumble on me. any advice or tip? Thanks.

In a similar fashion, does anyone know for sure, that is, they've made this purchase recently and can vouch for the shoe's overall integrity when being worn, if DS 2001 True Blue 3s are wearable ? ? ? ?

I've never had any of the Jays that have that crumbling polyeurathane (sp?) midsole that were that old and still DS so IDK what the risk factor would be.... any info appreciated thanx
ok first off, old shoes are not as stable as now....so depending how the previous owner kept the shoes is all you can tell...if he/she put thosescila* packs with the shoes it eventually DRYS out the sole, which can evolve into crumbling....

the 6s WILL crumble, whether its 1 wear or 1 year or 5 years.....its gunna happen...
the 3s, they crumble less often but they do have the paint problem. but if there DS i figure your not gunna wear em much, so treat with tons of care and youshould be fine.....

check the shoe after each wear!!

Originally Posted by JLking

also I picked these up today the red/white paint has faded
frown.gif
any thoughts on where to order the paint from and what kind of brush would I need???
This will be my first attempt at restoration

ok this is tough....you can repaint but that is going to be a B, finding the correct color, taking paint off, painting, 2nd coat,3rd, gloss.....its tough...

i suggest you just wear em. there is nothing to make the color darker, sorry

Originally Posted by 310HxA

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN THE RETRO 1 ALPHA?

AJI: Armor All, all 3, Bissell bathroom cleaner, Ajax, and Oxy-clean powder or spray.
Remove the laces of the shoes. Use the Oxy-clean directly on the tongue itself. If you use the powder Oxy-clean, you need to mix half water, half powder tomake a paste. Apply it to the tongue, and let it absorb in. Use a dry rag to brush it off. You can use the Bissell bathroom cleaner on the midsole, or Ajaxwith a toothbrush. Spray the bathroom cleaner into the cap of the cleaner, or a small bowl, and use the toothbrush to apply it. Do not spray the cleanerdirectly on the shoe. You can also do this for the soles of the shoe, and use a hard bristle brush to scrub the soles. After all the dirt and discoloration isoff, you can then use the Armor All as stated above.

its on the front page....
grin.gif

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Originally Posted by RetroSniper

Originally Posted by jason16

Good day NT, i just wanna ask what are the chances of a pair of VNDS Retro infra reds crumbling? im having second thoughts buying a pair.

Ive read from other forums the firmness of the sole and the clear bubbles tells if it is wearable. But my friend just bought a pair with the same exact condition and still saw some cracking after a few wears.

I dont want to spend alot and see my grails crumble on me. any advice or tip? Thanks.

In a similar fashion, does anyone know for sure, that is, they've made this purchase recently and can vouch for the shoe's overall integrity when being worn, if DS 2001 True Blue 3s are wearable ? ? ? ?

I've never had any of the Jays that have that crumbling polyeurathane (sp?) midsole that were that old and still DS so IDK what the risk factor would be.... any info appreciated thanx
ok first off, old shoes are not as stable as now....so depending how the previous owner kept the shoes is all you can tell...if he/she put those scila* packs with the shoes it eventually DRYS out the sole, which can evolve into crumbling....

the 6s WILL crumble, whether its 1 wear or 1 year or 5 years.....its gunna happen...
the 3s, they crumble less often but they do have the paint problem. but if there DS i figure your not gunna wear em much, so treat with tons of care and you should be fine.....

check the shoe after each wear!!

Thanks man. i will have to settle for a VNDS pair, which i hope im getting for a good price so if it decides to crumble on me it wont hurt as much
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JLking

also I picked these up today the red/white paint has faded
frown.gif
any thoughts on where to order the paint from and what kind of brush would I need???
This will be my first attempt at restoration

ok this is tough....you can repaint but that is going to be a B, finding the correct color, taking paint off, painting, 2nd coat,3rd, gloss.....its tough...

i suggest you just wear em. there is nothing to make the color darker, sorry
thanks, i thought it would be a quick fix but I guess not. I guess I'll just rock'em the way they are
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

How do you clean discolored suede on the toxbox of the 18s?
faded suede?
stained suede?

if stained then you can clean it with a suede cleaner...

if faded.!! then you can try a dye, i will be trying it in the next month so ill post pics and steps. but you can be my/our test dummy.
laugh.gif

faded suede?
stained suede?

if faded.!! then you can try a dye, i will be trying it in the next month so ill post pics and steps. but you can be my/our test dummy.
laugh.gif
i think its water stained cause i think my pit drooled on it once, and i've only worn it like 5 times, so i dont think its faded?

Does anyone one remember what page/thread the dude who was using the UV lamp instead of the outside sunlight to sea glow his XI's is on?it had pics andeverything.It wasn't page 88.he was sea glowing spacejams.he had pics of how to set up the shoes under the UV light.

Originally Posted by jordanjunky22

how could i clean white canvas material...its dirty and idk how to clean it off and im scared imma make it worse

I've used the spray version of Oxy clean, a toothbrush and alot of scrubbing and it works pretty well

And as long as you are using a non abrasive laundry type cleaner you shouldn't have to worry about making it worse
smile.gif

faded suede?
stained suede?

laugh.gif
i think its water stained cause i think my pit drooled on it once, and i've only worn it like 5 times, so i dont think its faded?
try the suede cleaner, should work

hey guys, i undeadstocked my 99 black/red IV's the other day, and they cracked, the air bubbles are pretty clear so i thought they would be alright, isthere anyway to fix this? you can see i used tape, but it didn't work...yeah....bad idea......like glue? what kind of glue? any help would be appreciated.

^not gonna quote because of so many pics. imo the cracking will get worse. the foam looks very dry and will come undone even more with each wearing. as far asfixing them with a glue, try either epoxy glue or maybe shoe goo. i think the epoxy glue will be the best bet for this job but remember it's not gonnasolve the problem. don't use gorilla glue because it will get hard after it dries and makes it the wrong choice for this job. i almost think these iv'sare gonna have to be display shoes soon because of the severe cracking.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

^not gonna quote because of so many pics. imo the cracking will get worse. the foam looks very dry and will come undone even more with each wearing. as far as fixing them with a glue, try either epoxy glue or maybe shoe goo. i think the epoxy glue will be the best bet for this job but remember it's not gonna solve the problem. don't use gorilla glue because it will get hard after it dries and makes it the wrong choice for this job. i almost think these iv's are gonna have to be display shoes soon because of the severe cracking.
yea sorry but you may have to display em.

quick question about the long time effects of storage........ basically i have some doubles i just wanna put away for down the line..... (penny 2s, foams,airmaxs...etc...) how i know heat is bad for sneakers (dries it out, looses glue...) is cold bad? i have them stored in a room which has AC and also gets coldduring the winter..... is that a prob? also can every shoe crack? like can a airmax crack in 8 years when i pull it out?

Originally Posted by air max 87

quick question about the long time effects of storage........ basically i have some doubles i just wanna put away for down the line..... (penny 2s, foams, airmaxs...etc...) how i know heat is bad for sneakers (dries it out, looses glue...) is cold bad? i have them stored in a room which has AC and also gets cold during the winter..... is that a prob? also can every shoe crack? like can a airmax crack in 8 years when i pull it out?
technically any shoe can crack...

things that are bad for stored shoes
-moisture
-heat
-sun

things that can protect this
-darkness
-silica packs (may be bad for the long term) OR there is another type of moisture sucking item you can use
-moth balls, you dont want anything eating away at the box

hope this helps.

hey quick querstion, if someone can PM me with an answer id love em for life hahah...i got a pair of retro 11's and i just noticed on the left shoe, theinside part that faces the right shoe, there is stictchin on the leather part that seems like it is connecting the leather from the front part of the shoe andthe back ( im sorry at school right now so cant take a pic), but anyways that sticthing is coming off, and so i wanted to know how to fix it? can i use somesort of glue? or have to get it sticked up by a cobbler? any help will def be appreciated. thanks guys

Originally Posted by bighit101

hey quick querstion, if someone can PM me with an answer id love em for life hahah...i got a pair of retro 11's and i just noticed on the left shoe, the inside part that faces the right shoe, there is stictchin on the leather part that seems like it is connecting the leather from the front part of the shoe and the back ( im sorry at school right now so cant take a pic), but anyways that sticthing is coming off, and so i wanted to know how to fix it? can i use some sort of glue? or have to get it sticked up by a cobbler? any help will def be appreciated. thanks guys
school on labor day? SMH
anyways
unless your good at sewing i would take it to a professional.

you can glue it but it would show and i dont think it would stay.

Thanks jakecuevas for the post on the black cat 3s it worked out not to bad no i need to know how to get off a black heat scrape not deap just on my steath 23sits small on the right front plastic by the toe box i dont know how to post pics sorry help any one!!!

WANTED TO BUY CONCORD SIX RINGS SZ 9 OR 9.5 AND RAPTOR 7 FROM DMP BOX SET SZ 9 HIT ME UP I WILL PAY MONEY FOR THEM I NEED THEM

Originally Posted by THEFRESHESTWHITEBOY301

Thanks jakecuevas for the post on the black cat 3s it worked out not to bad no i need to know how to get off a black heat scrape not deap just on my steath 23s its small on the right front plastic by the toe box i dont know how to post pics sorry help any one!!!

WANTED TO BUY CONCORD SIX RINGS SZ 9 OR 9.5 AND RAPTOR 7 FROM DMP BOX SET SZ 9 HIT ME UP I WILL PAY MONEY FOR THEM I NEED THEM
cant help without pics or more details.....look for the beginners help guide.

Can someone post the link to the Bar Keepers Friend walkthrough? I keep searching for it but cant find it. I remember seeing a person tell how to do it step bystep, Im about to try it on my Retro Concords. If there isn't one can someone tell me how? I know this question gets asked alot thats why I just asked forthe link, thanks!

i need some help you guys... i got some fire red 3s that are cracking. so my question is what shade of white and red do i need to get? btw can i cop at michaelarts n crafts store?

Back
Top Bottom