:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by IvyLeagueRamon

My black suede iii's have a silver marker spot on them. It is on the suede part. Any tips to remove silver marker off of suede?
permanent marker?
if yes then you can try dying it....but no promises...

in NOT then try a swede cleaner, you can get it at champs,footlocker etc.

Originally Posted by gentry187

I've worn my Ginger 16's a couple of times now. Lately I've noticed the nubuck getting kinds dirty. I want to clean the but I don't know why to use. I don't want to damage the nubuck (it being an old shoe and light colored). Any tips?

this may be tough because its a light shade. so what i would do is get that swede cleaner i just talked about and try that. it may discolor the shoe a little,in that case clean the whole toebox so its all the same color.

hope this helps.

i need your help before i go ahead and make this purchase on these BRED IVs!! do yall think these are cracks of paint chipping only?

thanks

Originally Posted by MajornvmMinor

i need your help before i go ahead and make this purchase on these BRED IVs!! do yall think these are cracks of paint chipping only?

thanks
that is a paint chip. but its maybe caused because
-pressure
-4s are painted poorly
any of those reasons....you could also ask the seller....
grin.gif

Hey, to remove silver marker off of suede, use nail polish remover and hairspray. Works perfect!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

good lookin out
i stand corrected
THERE IS A WAY!! lol
did you use nail polish remover and then hair spray? mixture?

explain please.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

thanks
-pressure
-4s are painted poorly
grin.gif

if you look closer it seems that the foam is starting to crack. cracks in the paint are only surface and you would be able to see the white foam midsoles stillbeing very solid. i have a feeling they are starting to crack and they're probably black/grey iv's from '99. iv's are painted poorly lately,but the earlier retro's don't have this problem. so if you're thinking of getting these, i wouldn't just because the problems only going to getworse.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

thanks
-pressure
-4s are painted poorly
grin.gif

if you look closer it seems that the foam is starting to crack. cracks in the paint are only surface and you would be able to see the white foam midsoles still being very solid. i have a feeling they are starting to crack and they're probably black/grey iv's from '99. iv's are painted poorly lately, but the earlier retro's don't have this problem. so if you're thinking of getting these, i wouldn't just because the problems only going to get worse.
when i had those 99 4s mine cracked vertical, and they had glue marks, just like this pair.
i do agree that its gunna get worse but if your gettin a steal "I" would chance it.

curious...i may sound dumb (oh well) but is it possible to restore elephant print on the 3s if they rubbed off? if so, how? thanks

Originally Posted by luis og13s

Does anyone have pics of the XIIIs hologram After using a hairdryer?

Im thinking about copping some OG Flint XIIIs, the hologram is fogged though wondering if anyone can school me on whether or not this technique does work
I did it to my OG XIII's and it did work, but after a few days it got fogged up again

I used hairspray first, but what really worked was the nail polish remover. Use a black shirt you don't want so no white lint gets on the suede. I'llshow pics later, they look as good as they did when I first bought them. Blot the nail polish remover on the suede, then keep scrubbing it until its off.

Hey, to remove silver marker off of suede, use nail polish remover and hairspray. Works perfect!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

good lookin out
i stand corrected
THERE IS A WAY!! lol
did you use nail polish remover and then hair spray? mixture?

explain please.
It was the nailpolish that worked well. I used hairspray, but nailpolish is what prevailed in the end. I used a black t-shirt to apply it so nowhite lint would get on the suede. Blot it at first, then scrub everywhere the silver marker is on. Mind you this is silver sharpie that they use to autographmemorabilia. The whole shoe had silver blots, I thought they were done. I used this method and now look, good as new literally. It did not affect the suede atall.
90035b28e26f649ec75e5053c1bdfe2adbd4a67.jpg

i wanted to know what i should do to reattach these soles, i normall sand down all of the old glue and then use rubber cement and havent had any problems yetbut i ran out of that and am willing to try something new that may work even better, also having the same problem with cool grey 9s but not nearly as bad

Does anyone have any advice on how to remove the yellowing on the patent leather. Anything other then Seaglow?

Originally Posted by DuBBeeOne1

Does anyone have any advice on how to remove the yellowing on the patent leather. Anything other then Seaglow?
SG will only work on the soles....
i dont think there is anything that can help you with the PL

seems like this question and the other popular questions are "how to apply bar keepers friend". just like the back tabs of theiii's, patent leather can't be fixed with sea glow or anything else. it's a process that once it starts can't be reversed. if you're reallydesperate you can consider painting them but i would strongly advise against it.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

seems like this question and the other popular questions are "how to apply bar keepers friend". just like the back tabs of the iii's, patent leather can't be fixed with sea glow or anything else. it's a process that once it starts can't be reversed. if you're really desperate you can consider painting them but i would strongly advise against it.
alright. thanks for the info guys.

hope i am posting this in correct section but either way im just trying to keep from ruining a great pair of kicks. I have some suede nubuck cleaner purchasedfrom footlocker that i am going to try to use to clean my hare vii but before I do I wanted to see what you guys use to clean yours and get any recommendationson cleaning these kicks. Thx in advance NT

Should I store my XIs in a ziploc or is it unnecessary?
I recently just looked at my spacejams and they have yellowed dramartically.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by AJumpman23

Should I store my XIs in a ziploc or is it unnecessary?
I recently just looked at my spacejams and they have yellowed dramartically.
frown.gif
well if they already yellowed then what is the point??

Originally Posted by dillinAKAflyguy

jakecuevas, any word on how to fix my og laney xivs?
pics? lol did i miss em?

Originally Posted by yadude318

hope i am posting this in correct section but either way im just trying to keep from ruining a great pair of kicks. I have some suede nubuck cleaner purchased from footlocker that i am going to try to use to clean my hare vii but before I do I wanted to see what you guys use to clean yours and get any recommendations on cleaning these kicks. Thx in advance NT

yea i would go with what you have, you don;t wanna scrub to hard cause you could F up the material...just go lightly....follow the bottle directions.

Back
Top Bottom