:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Any body know how I can make my angelus matte acrylic finisher actually matte?? I dulled my black and it looked perfect, but when I added my matte acrylic finisher, it made it glossy...
Is there anything I can do to make it matte again?

Let me try this again
ohwell.gif

*Does anyone know how to clean and darken up the Red Suede on the Jordan Toro 5's???
nerd.gif
 I know cleaning it will get the stains off but it will fade it...
sick.gif
 Has anyone dyed their red suede before with success? 

What do ya'll think about this dye from turtlefeathers??? At the very bottom the "Red"

http://turtlefeathers.net/text/angelus/suede.html

johandrew07,

I too used the matte finisher and it made it more glossy on all of my shoes. I would look at other "Sealers"/"Finishers" for a matte look that is protected. I painted mocha 3's, laser 4's, and cement 3's and the matte finisher adds Gloss to all of them. 
ohwell.gif

Copped a pair of DS 2001 Black Cement 3s, problem is cracking and the missing pulltab on the back... Anyone know if that is fixable?

Can anyone help me with me with my suede 5's? I was hanging out and a random fight broke out behind me. In the process someone ran to the fight and rhino stomped on my shoe.
Just the toe box of the suede was frayed. It was a lot worse. I have tried to lay it back down but it is still more prominent than the other toe box. I tried to take the best pictures with my camera phone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

df916f676dac1b215c4b3a65e36b53c5fd243ffd_r.jpg

961368196d896dbeab1d1e6b2eb55088d14addc0_r.jpg

Originally Posted by BigBZzang

Can anyone help me with me with my suede 5's? I was hanging out and a random fight broke out behind me. In the process someone ran to the fight and rhino stomped on my shoe.
Just the toe box of the suede was frayed. It was a lot worse. I have tried to lay it back down but it is still more prominent than the other toe box. I tried to take the best pictures with my camera phone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

df916f676dac1b215c4b3a65e36b53c5fd243ffd_r.jpg

961368196d896dbeab1d1e6b2eb55088d14addc0_r.jpg
Bumping this because I need to know how to clean mine because there a bit scuffed and have "Sauce" marks on the suede
sick.gif
 What suede dye have ya'll been using???
nerd.gif

Thanks

Originally Posted by FRAG

Copped a pair of DS 2001 Black Cement 3s, problem is cracking and the missing pulltab on the back... Anyone know if that is fixable?
I hope you didn't pay too much because those look to be ready to be laid to rest. 

dead but no stock, you can sole swap but good luck with that and as far as the tab goes id say leave it the way it is.

Originally Posted by prozac4312

Anyone know how to get the bottom of my flu games un-'ashy'? They look hella dry...but I'm not sure how to lube them up so they don't look so bad.

Suggestions?

Alcohol will dry them out more. Try "Back to Black" You can buy it at a local auto parts store. Its designed to recondition dried out rubber and plastic on cars but does wonders on shoes too. Its clear so you can use it on any color.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

took a look at my 5s for the first time in a while and there's some sole separation...best way to fix it?

Shoe Goo and something thin to spread it evenly. I say shoe goo because its an easy clean up

I just got my motorsport 6s in, vnds, no real flaws but two im trying to fix. 1 similar to my last problem of cigarrette smell, this time being a weird smell, almost like a chinese restaurant (maybe because i got it from an asian guy) LOL no racism intended, they just smell really strong and weird. Ill try placing them in a freezer but if anyone has better ideas let me know. Also With 6s most of you know the top of the tongue is a smooth leather, whiel the rest is a cloth material, im not sure if its polyester, cotton or what it is but its dirtyy and not white. How do i clean it?

Originally Posted by I MRDR PEEPS 4 FUN

took a look at my 5s for the first time in a while and there's some sole separation...best way to fix it?

Shoe Goo and something thin to spread it evenly. I say shoe goo because its an easy clean up

thanks dude

thanks dude

barge cement is much better, ive tried both and my experience with shoe goo is no goo   d

the grey sole of my jordan stealth XXIIIs have come right off after playing ball in them for the first time. what adhesive should i use to stick them back. and i wont be playing ball in them again once i stick them back.
look foward to your reply...

my copper foams are also quite yellow at the sole..any method to get them back as icey as possible.....would be of great help..anyone..

how do remove the yellowing from the jumpman clip on my 04 12's ????? someone please help me inbox me with solution if possible

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

thanks dude

barge cement is much better, ive tried both and my experience with shoe goo is no goo   d
I've been meaning to try barge cement. Since he's tried both maybe barge is better

Originally Posted by rleelum25

my copper foams are also quite yellow at the sole..any method to get them back as icey as possible.....would be of great help..anyone..

rcjbbp1313 wrote:
johnandrew07 wrote:

ok yes i have tried 40 volume hair bleach which is high percenage hydrogen peroxide and it does work better for not too bad of a price, just check your local sallys or any salon product store. it comes either clear or with other stuff in it, i tried the clear one and next time i might try the white one but either way yeah i got better results with the higher % peroxide

Bleach??! Isnt that going to eff up the shoes? Someone who used bleach to clear up their clear soles said that it was only a temp fix. It also yellowing faster and worser.

no its for bleaching hair but its hydrogen peroxide, 12 %! ,and oh yeah ive been using the 40 volume hair bleach with the other stuff in it ,not the clear, which makes it thicker. Using this instead of the clear volume bleach allows you to skip adding the corn starch and just heat up the 40 volume for like 15 seconds in the microwave then add your oxyclean stir and apply! much easier with better results, i hope this helps everyone. this also makes the rubber turn white faster.

Hope this helps, and with any sole/midsole seperation barge cement is the way to go.

thanks dude

I've been meaning to try barge cement. Since he's tried both maybe barge is better

the only thing about the regular barge cement is that it is not clear, it has a slight yellow brown tint to it so if you use it on clear soles dont throw a ton on it or it might discolor them.

can i soleswap og 4s with a 2006 4 midsole?
just making sure because i dont remember seeing anyone swap ogs, always the 99s

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

can i soleswap og 4s with a 2006 4 midsole?
just making sure because i dont remember seeing anyone swap ogs, always the 99s

So are we talking about swapping midsole for midsole or a whole sole swap? If it's just a midsole swap it should work but don't hold me to it. Only way to find out is trying to get the midsole out of the og's in one piece and compare it to the donor midsole . You might have to trim the donor midsole to get a flush fit. I've only done 1 midsole swap on the '99 cement iv's with some flight '89s with mixed success.

So I did the outdoor method for my SJ XI 11.  I got some sole seperation from the CARBON plate to the midsole.  Should I use that e-6000 stuff or am I screwed bc the carbon part seperated from the midsole? ANY help is greatly appreciated.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom