:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

thanks im definetly gonna get some RIT

Also im sure this seems to be a pretty dumb question but whats the best way to prevent yellowing?

thanks im definetly gonna get some RIT

Also im sure this seems to be a pretty dumb question but whats the best way to prevent yellowing?

The only way to prevent yellowing is to lock them away in your closet. Then it defeats the purpose of owning them. Just wear them, clean them up after each wear and you'll be fine.

Anyone know how get rid of dents in patent leather. Kinda hard to see in pic but is there

looking for someone that could guide me in right direction to restoring these. I could also use someone locally in orlando area that knows how to do good restore or would even ship to someone with good rep on here. Thanks
I think you best bet is to send this Raleigh Restorations he has an account here but I forgot it from my lurking days. Anyway here's his facebook page you can talk to him there: https://www.facebook.com/RaleighRestorations. He's likely your best bet to restore you sneakers even though here's a bit far from where you are. Some people around here can vouch for him but I haven't used his services yet because I haven't had anything that was too bad I couldn't fix. He does some amazing work but it's pretty expensive but if your dead set on getting restored to anything near deadstock then he's your best bet even thought he's not in the Orlando area you should try him out. 

When putting it back in the box, Is it better if I remove the paper and just put my J's in there? Thanks in advance. 

Alright I took these out not a trail for this demonstration. These are nubuck.

First get some warm water, and mix it with dish soap. Then break out the trusty dusty tooth brush. Pick a spot on the shoe, and start scrubbing with the lather. Go only in an inch wide radius. Brush it then wipe it down until you see no streaks, don't worry about washing it off. Rub it in. Then go inch by inch across your shoe. Scrub, run, repeat.

Also stuff the shoe while you do this to keep its shape and remove minor creases.

Can anyone vouch for Foot Locker's Suede and Nubuck Cleaner? I want to use it on the nubuck for my Raptor 7s but I've heard about them making suede (and maybe nubuck) looking ashy. 

Has anyone had any luck reshaping their patent leather? The only technique I've heard of is using a blow dryer but I don't think think I'm doing it right

I got MINT it's ok..but if I want foam...scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaners been working for me for 20 plus years

I wanna try RIT and Jason Markk

Quick sneak peak of what I'm up to: Brief run through; I started another sole swap project on my DS '99 White Cement 4's. I used a dub zero donor pair. So far I glued the toebox portion and restitched it. Now I'm repainting the midsole. I have my base coat a you can see. All that's left for the paint is the cement grey and the speckles!

This guy knows whats up
pimp.gif

Always stick to the original method of water and soap. Shoe cleaners from footlocker also works.

NEVER use armor all
hey I was doing a search on youtube trying to figure out how to keep soles icy some guy said just use armor all wipes. I aint try it yet but this post made me change my mind about trying it. ANybody know if it's dangerous to use armor all Protectant wipes  on sneakers and if so why? ALso just curious will keeping my sneakers locked in ziploc bags inside the boxes cause the midsoles to crack over a period of time? If so whats a better alternative to locking them in air tight ziploc bags? Thanks for any help.

Back
Top Bottom