:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Any way to restore this? Is it possible to dye it as well? Thanks

I know soles of shoes will naturally yellow through oxidation + time, but is there any way to quicken the process without wearing the shoe or leaving it in a puddle of dirt,etc.? Is there a way to chemically enhance the process with bleach or something?

Dyed my shoes incorrectly and I kind of just need it to oxidize and then start over the process.

Last edited:
 Any way to restore this? Is it possible to dye it as well? Thanks
I would use retrobite for soles and no tenitely sure abou netting but im guessing someone will awnser that an id get suede dye and suede cleaner (I personally use Kiwi but it has an awful smell)... To get creases out.. Id put a towel or something over he suede and then put an iron on its lowest setting and do its for small amounts of time but id wait to see if any other NT memebers confirm it because ive personally never tried it I usually just stuff them full of socks...And yeah

Hmm jordan lace tips are plastic anyway and I've seen sites that sell the metal tip ones. I forgot the site though.

Hello,

I am wondering what to do with my aj IV,

I have been putting them for sometime in ziplock and take them out once in a while, and wear them at home.

I just realized the air bubble seems like there's a fog on it. Can anyone help what to do? Planning to wear them out soon

Please help, thanks guys

Last edited:
^ What year are those IVs from?

Foggy air bubbles can be cleared with a funnel/hair dryer but I'd be cautious if they're an older model.

I would use retrobite for soles and no tenitely sure abou netting but im guessing someone will awnser that an id get suede dye and suede cleaner (I personally use Kiwi but it has an awful smell)... To get creases out.. Id put a towel or something over he suede and then put an iron on its lowest setting and do its for small amounts of time but id wait to see if any other NT memebers confirm it because ive personally never tried it I usually just stuff them full of socks...And yeah

Thank you for your response, So just paint over the cracking of the suede? Seller insist that it's just cracking, would there be any way to restore the suede material?

I've got some leftover adhesive from electric tape on my soles from when I repainted my midsoles. (Not a wise move on my part). Best way to get off? Also I'm thinking about trying to whiten up the rubber sole but I thought I'd seen some hair bleaching product on here that someone used that worked? Should I even mess with it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your response, So just paint over the cracking of the suede? Seller insist that it's just cracking, would there be any way to restore the suede material?
Deffinetly dont paint over it.. It wont look right liek that but id use suede dye to make the whole show the same color of black using http://angelusdirect.com/collections/suede-dye/products/black-suede-dye that should help but is that the 2006 Black Metalic's because Ive never personaly owned that year but I have the 2011 pair but the 2006 pair looks like the edges of where the suede ends is white and it will make that part black too

Hey Anyway I Could Get Glue Off Of My Bred XI ? Picked Up For $80 So Its A Steal
Good **** on that deal haha... But I heard nail polishh remover works on the patent leather but make sure it stays away from the sole so that they dont seperate

Deffinetly dont paint over it.. It wont look right liek that but id use suede dye to make the whole show the same color of black using http://angelusdirect.com/collections/suede-dye/products/black-suede-dye that should help but is that the 2006 Black Metalic's because Ive never personaly owned that year but I have the 2011 pair but the 2006 pair looks like the edges of where the suede ends is white and it will make that part black too

They are the 99s, I haven't purchased them yet I was only going to if I can repair those cracks, only solution is to dye the entire shoe??

^ What year are those IVs from?

Foggy air bubbles can be cleared with a funnel/hair dryer but I'd be cautious if they're an older model.
They are they 2012 released. Okay thx by the way, may I know why do they got fog? :smile:
Not sure why it happens, probably just moisture in the air where you store them.

Since they're the 2012 model you should be fine. To clear the air bubble, get a funnel (a normal funnel for pouring liquids) that fits in the air bubble and just put the blow dryer on medium heat into the funnel. Should clear it right up in a few seconds.

Last edited:
Anyway to get rid of the scratches? Will i be able to use nail polish remover and a q-tip? 

Last edited:
 Anyway to get rid of the scratches? Will i be able to use nail polish remover and a q-tip? 
thos the 3m ones fro mthe raging bull pack? I would not use nail polish remover on those, Scratches are scrathes and I think if thats a scratch and not a scuff then the 3m material on the outside was sliced off meaning theres no fix...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom