:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I just purchased Reshoevn8r product to clean my 11 Concord lows and it worked great.

I cleaned them with the product then put them in the washer. Came out crispy clean. Wish I would of taken before and after pics.

Up next to clean is my DMP 11. I will not put this pair in the washer though. Just gonna clean the mesh and laces.

Thinking of getting one of their products. Did you use their laundry kit? Thats the one i'm thinking of getting.
What does everyone here prefer reshoevn8r or Jason Mark?

Thinking of getting one of their products. Did you use their laundry kit? Thats the one i'm thinking of getting.
What does everyone here prefer reshoevn8r or Jason Mark?
i ordered the hogs bristle brush for mesh and such to clean my DMP XIs, they have videos of their product cleaning very tempermental products and they all come out great so i am not worried

Merry Xmas all! I got a pair of suede shoes and I wanted to restore the nap and I saw a video of a guy putting baby oil on the suede/nubuck so I gave it a shot. But the end results was not good now my suede/nubuck looks darker and has a wet look to it. Any way to fix this ?

Last edited:
Anyone know how to get rid of the "hard candy" condition from XI sole restoration?
By "hard candy" I'm assuming you're talking about the rubber becoming slick from excess exposure to high heat levels. If this is the case, I have no idea to "fix" it. Once the rubber has deteriorated to that point there's no saving it. But, you can prevent it by shortening Icing sessions in high heat temperatures. Cool down the soles and make sure they don't get too hot, otherwise the rubber's properties just begin to break down i.e "hard candy" effect. 

Last edited:
By "hard candy" I'm assuming you're talking about the rubber becoming slick from excess exposure to high heat levels. If this is the case, I have no idea to "fix" it. Once the rubber has deteriorated to that point there's no saving it. But, you can prevent it by shortening Icing sessions in high heat temperatures. Cool down the soles and make sure they don't get too hot, otherwise the rubber's properties just begin to break down i.e "hard candy" effect. 
Hmm. The SJ XI sole I was working on doesn't seem deteriorated at all, though. It still has that original coarse texture, still just as visible as the untreated sole. Still also floppy and flexible (I removed it from my midsole). It's just shiny/slick.

Was under the impression that it was some foreign layer formed from icing sessions. Politix76 gave the impression that it's removable although takes forever, but he and his restoration operation has/have been M.I.A. for years.

I must not give up on a pair of Space Jams.

Last edited:
Hmm. The SJ XI sole I was working on doesn't seem deteriorated at all, though. It still has that original coarse texture, still just as visible as the untreated sole. Still also floppy and flexible (I removed it from my midsole). It's just shiny/slick.

Was under the impression that it was some foreign layer formed from icing sessions. Politix76 gave the impression that it's removable although takes forever, but he and his restoration operation has/have been M.I.A. for years.

I must not give up on a pair of Space Jams.
It's gotta be from excess heat, had a customer with the same problem with his 00' Jams. I know of no way to work around this problem.

It's gotta be from excess heat, had a customer with the same problem with his 00' Jams. I know of no way to work around this problem.
it doesn't have to be from the excess heat. it's just the property of the rubber being in the elements. oxidation/deterioration of rubber goes from normal > hard > soften > sticky.

you can see this not just on shoes, but also tires. 

Please help! How can I restore or remove this on my J? Thanks
What are we looking at fam? Are they scuffs, stains.. Regardless, you can try some Lincoln EZ cleaner and see how it works out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B6SQH52/?tag=niketalk0e-20

How can I fix this. I bout these for a steal and I want to rock em.
Paint over those marks with some angelus flat white paint

http://angelusdirect.com/products/angelus-flat-white-paint

Edit: nvm check below :lol:

Last edited:
I got Some fading on db 6 midsole I wanna fix up. What colors do I need for blue color thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom