Official Soccer Jersey Thread

Just joined recently. Been lurking around for awhile and decided to share my collection. I've organized it all into a Flickr album for convenience, you can find my United States of America jerseys here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75815493@N02/sets/72157632176860898/

By the way, I'm looking for a 2010 3rd (blank or w/ nameset, don't mind) & 2008 Away (blank or w/ nameset, don't mind) in XL sizes if anyone is willing to trade/sell

Just joined recently. Been lurking around for awhile and decided to share my collection. I've organized it all into a Flickr album for convenience, you can find my United States of America jerseys here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75815493@N02/sets/72157632176860898/

By the way, I'm looking for a 2010 3rd (blank or w/ nameset, don't mind) & 2008 Away (blank or w/ nameset, don't mind) in XL sizes if anyone is willing to trade/sell

great collection man. Those 94' kits are :smokin How do they fit?

Very weird fit. As far as I know, there are two models of the jerseys available, the US and the UK versions. At one point, I owned both in an XL size. The UK model fits more like a true XL, whereas the US model was tight fitting. Ended up selling the US model to a friend of mine who wears between a Large and an XL, fits him well. 

I try to update my stuff as often as possible, I do have a rare 1995 3rd jersey with Cobi Jones stitched nameset on the way. Hope someone on here has a 2010 3rd or 2008 away!

Cheers

Latest addition to my Celtic collection, 2012/13 SPL Home Scott Brown, with SPL Champions sleeve patches...

Any Nike Player issue experts in here? i was hoping i could bother you guys for a legit check. I recently bought a 12/13 Arsenal Player issue Long sleeve, and anytime i buy something not directly from the team its self, im very paranoid and worried whether the item is real or fake, even when it looks great in my hands. Im hoping someone has a recent nike player issue or knows them like the back of their hand to kill my worries. your help is greatly appreciated.

I cant legit check it for you but I know a guy on Twitter @AlexFortyNine has been selling them and his are legit from all accounts. So if worst comes to worst check against his pics. Also how is the fit i'm hearing you need to size up on those

Just purchased a 2008/2009 Xavi nameset from eBay seller: footballkitdirect

Been looking for a while and finally found it.
Anyone ever bought from this seller before?
Has 100% feedback so hopefully dude is legit.

Still looking for a 2006/2007 Ronaldinho Home nameset.

Well thank you guys for the responses thus far. Ive been doing alot more digging myself the last few days and all these reponses have been a great help. So im sure you guys know of Classicfootballshirts, pretty much a well known legit place that sells genuine shirts including player issues. I emailed them asking them if the crest and nike swoosh was either heat pressed or if they were embroided on their arsenal player issues and this is the response they sent me.

"Hi XXXXX,

Thanks for your e-mail. The symbols on this shirt are both embroidered.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions just let me know.

Regards,

Doug"

now, that eased up my worries a little but still needed a definitive answer. i forget the beauty of living in 2013 with the internet and countries obsessed with futbol and the amount of pictures that can be found. So i went into google and searched player images for this 2012-2013 season and looked for images that were very high in resolution and size, basically 900 x 900 or more. and to my surprise and delight, found great close up shots that greatly helps this case. I found two great pretty clear shots, one of gervinho and one of walcott. this first one of walcott clearly shows he is wearing a player issue style and you can clearly see the threading pattern on the nike swoosh thus being embroidered, now the badge is a little harder to see but it looked embroided as well but that wasnt enough for me to come to a final conclusion.

The second shot i found, is a gervinho shot of what it seems to be him celebrating, very high in resolution and in size, i think about 3000 which is why im including the link instead of attaching the image but it clearly shows the badge is indeed embroidered/stitched on. Which was very pleasing to see, and also very interesting that the arsenal player issues use stitch ons versus what seems to be every other nike club use heat pressed crests and nike swooshes like my last season player issue barca has and what the new usa ones do as well.

http://wallpaperhddownload.com/wp-c...Celebration-2013-Wallpaper-HD-For-Desktop.jpg

Now at this point, im really starting to feel confident that my shirt is authentic and legit but my buddy works at a soccer shop that gets genuine replica nike shirts and im gonna stop by and compare the black nike authentic tag to all the new most recent nike club or international shirts he has, i believe he has the replica brazils and usa, so i think once comparing those will most likely end my questioning of whether this shirt is fake or not. Once again thank you guys for all the help thus far, and if anyone is interested, ill update once again after i visit the store.

Last edited:
am i ever going to be able to find this top guys or am i out of luck.. euro 2008 ballack, klose, or podolski

I cant wait for next seasons kits to come out and this seasons prices to drop.. i need this seasos modric, ozil, and hazard

Last edited:
im also looking for that germany shirt in a podolski, if anyone knows of a small, holla atcha boy.

so as i mentioned, i went to my friends shop to compare authentic tags. His shop actually had a home replica arsenal jersey so i compared both and the silver hologram strips on the player issue was identical to the replica (Pictures below). I asked my friend to look at it himself to make sure my eyes aren't terrible yet and he confirmed as well. Was very happy that i could end any worries about its legitimacy. I hope this provides useful information for any others that had or will have worries about their player issue shirts authenticity, as seen by different small details that seem to be standard but can be different like heat transferred badges and swooshes on a barcelona/USA shirt can be different for another team. Thank you for everyones responses and help!

Replica shirt Tag

Player Issue Tag

Back
Top Bottom