Official Soccer Jersey Thread

Damn I'm completely torn right now don't know if I should put Julian Green on the back of my 14/15 bayern Munich 3rd jersey or if I should put Xabi on the back its not too often you have an American even related to Bayern let alone one of their players. Last was donovan back in like 07 lol

I know he hasn't debuted for Bayern in the bundesliga yet and is on loan (I know champions league he has debuted) but I'm so tempted to put his name and number on the back of the jersey for my fellow US fans what do you guys think should I do it or na I'm 50-50 on this

Do authentic adidas jerseys have the 3 stripes printed on? Or are they always stitched?
In my experience, all of my authentic adidas kits have printed/heat pressed stripes, badges, and crests. Reduces weight. My replicas typically have all those sewn on. This applies to my Nike gear as well.

Damn I'm completely torn right now don't know if I should put Julian Green on the back of my 14/15 bayern Munich 3rd jersey or if I should put Xabi on the back its not too often you have an American even related to Bayern let alone one of their players. Last was donovan back in like 07 lol

I know he hasn't debuted for Bayern in the bundesliga yet and is on loan (I know champions league he has debuted) but I'm so tempted to put his name and number on the back of the jersey for my fellow US fans what do you guys think should I do it or na I'm 50-50 on this
Xabi Alonso for sure

Everytime I say I need to chill, I find good deals

Do authentic adidas jerseys have the 3 stripes printed on? Or are they always stitched?
They used to have printed or heat pressed stripes on the older jerseys, i believe they stopped after the 2012/13 season.

In 2013/14 they changed to stitching the stripes, as well as 2014/15 with the new Adizero jerseys.

Not all player issue jerseys have heat pressed crest and logo as well as Nike.

They used to have printed or heat pressed stripes on the older jerseys, i believe they stopped after the 2012/13 season.
In 2013/14 they changed to stitching the stripes, as well as 2014/15 with the new Adizero jerseys.

i have the home and away 2013-14 galaxy authentic jerseys and the stripes are printed on not stitched. maybe MLS is different?

Thanks, i was curious about it and never really knew what the deal was

For a newbie such as myself, can you explain the difference between the two?
In a brief description, there are two versions of most jerseys. "Replica/Fan" are those jerseys available to the public for sale. "Authentic/Player Issue" are sometimes offered to the public, but are jerseys the same as Football/Soccer players use on the pitch.

FYI for Houston folks. The Ross at Bunker Hill/I-10 had some Waldos, 2012/2013 aways, Dynamo and FC Dallas jerseys. They also had some USA shorts. I was going to pick up the USA jerseys, but the line was about a mile long. Just a heads up for anyone interested.

For a newbie such as myself, can you explain the difference between the two?
In a brief description, there are two versions of most jerseys. "Replica/Fan" are those jerseys available to the public for sale. "Authentic/Player Issue" are sometimes offered to the public, but are jerseys the same as Football/Soccer players use on the pitch.

Sounds like normal jerseys then.

When I read your post, I thought you meant theres were 2 types of authentic kits or something.

^Well there are two types of authentic kits. By authentic I mean genuine.

Here is an example: 

Authentic/Player Issue
http://www.boutiquepsg.fr/en/category/sale/product-sheet/psg-authentic-home-shirt-1314/8

Replica/Fan
http://www.boutiquepsg.fr/en/category/sale/product-sheet/psg-home-shirt-1314/6

yeah, you mean "authentic" as ones player issue and ones authentic as in not counterfeit right? :lol:

I understand that part.

Maybe I was just thinking too much into it.

I want an authentic/player issued Jersey.

I gotta cop that PSG, but I want beckham

Ross finds in SW Houston. Several Dynamo practice, LS Authentic and Dallas jerseys. One Argentina is L. All jerseys $20

Back
Top Bottom