OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Lordstown imploding before Nikola... never thought this is how the cards would fall. One "pre-revenue" vehicle maker down, sooo many more to go.

They mostly summarize everything between the types of classes such as wash sales, STCG/L, LTCG/L, and dividends. However you still want to do a side calculation on the side in excel to check that that math checks out. When I interned at a tax firm you’d be surprised how many errors we’d find on a Morgan Stanley or Goldman Sachs brokerage statements.
Shout out to revised 1099s all the way through May!

Honestly if you have an account at a bank that large just expect 1099 revisions. There are thousands of trades happening in these accounts.

And for the rest of us... Please track your loss carry forwards. It is an asset on your balance sheet.

Screenshot_20210608-194650_Robinhood.jpg

That huge dip was rough for us all back in April/May... But I finally bounced back!

Just wondering. Does anyone know any meme stock millionaires (who actually cashed out)? Can an army of 300,000 to maybe a million afford to continue to buy $300 priced shares of gme? This whole gme setup feels contrived. Institutions had insiders get out of amc with general ease. And we're to believe a few million people can make a stock rise 17%. Big players are fighting big players. Stop this made up narrative msm.

The problem is you have to be extremely lucky to get out at the top when it comes to meme stock pumps. I'd say maybe 1% (even less) actually time it perfectly and get out with 6 to 7 figure profits.

Just wondering. Does anyone know any meme stock millionaires (who actually cashed out)? Can an army of 300,000 to maybe a million afford to continue to buy $300 priced shares of gme? This whole gme setup feels contrived. Institutions had insiders get out of amc with general ease. And we're to believe a few million people can make a stock rise 17%. Big players are fighting big players. Stop this made up narrative msm.

that’s what folks been saying but it falls in deaf ears
People are infatuated with the idea that the little guy is sticking it to the man

The problem is you have to be extremely lucky to get out at the top when it comes to meme stock pumps. I'd say maybe 1% (even less) actually time it perfectly and get out with 6 to 7 figure profits.

I definetly saw post in Reddit from dudes who was buying a few thousand shares at under $10 and cashed out the first time around

Now I just see post of dudes buying thousands of shares Damn near at the top

A lot aren't actual cashouts or sell order screenshots . Just what something is worth at the time. Even the options with 1200% gains. Not many show an actual monetary change of hands. It worries me.

It's a lot of trickery it feels like. Someone will post some options with huge gains but they obviously still own it. So.how is it a gain worth sharing?

What was it. Like 9-12 insiders for amc cashed out 285,000 share within the past few weeks at various prices. They aren't dummies.

Edit: it was a half dozen who cleaned house

I've also noticed 80% of wsb is full of options. A lot of people love the pumping and dumping and don't believe in the actual product. But like I said before, it's not often you see a sell order form screenshot for options. It's almost always just current market value gains.

Please do your due diligence. Lots of trickery at play. They want you bag holding as they sell hundreds of option contracts. But they're still 'hodling' most of their shares.

I've also noticed 80% of wsb is full of options. A lot of people love the pumping and dumping and don't believe in the actual product. But like I said before, it's not often you see a sell order form screenshot for options. It's almost always just current market value gains.

Please do your due diligence. Lots of trickery at play. They want you bag holding as they sell hundreds of option contracts. But they're still 'hodling' most of their shares.

wallstreetbets has always been majority of options, that is literally what they were known for. I lurked for a long time, lots of folks making money, way more losing their ***. They have always been about the “yolo” plays. Hopefully people don’t stick around looking there for advice, most of the people making money in that group are several steps ahead of the next person.

wallstreetbets has always been majority of options, that is literally what they were known for. I lurked for a long time, lots of folks making money, way more losing their ***. They have always been about the “yolo” plays. Hopefully people don’t stick around looking there for advice, most of the people making money in that group are several steps ahead of the next person.

how can I be several steps ahead lol

They mostly summarize everything between the types of classes such as wash sales, STCG/L, LTCG/L, and dividends. However you still want to do a side calculation on the side in excel to check that that math checks out. When I interned at a tax firm you’d be surprised how many errors we’d find on a Morgan Stanley or Goldman Sachs brokerage statements.
thanks for the info

remember when y'all were losing your **** during the tech crash? if you kept perspective and used the volatility to DCA, you should be sitting good right now. I went from +50 to -2% to now +13% gave back some gains, tax harvested some losses, but overall, very happy with the holdings I have, their weight and where things will continue to be heading.

Back
Top Bottom