OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Don’t get loose and reckless. Stick to the process that’s been working. If money is tight, maybe you own 5-10 stocks instead of 15-20 to get the best impact. But don’t start selling great companies to chase bets that aren’t fundamentally sound. This is easy right now, but a pull back is coming. Don’t get caught being reckless. Focus on the best stocks for your top 80% then look for good moonshots, good set ups with the last 20%.

perspective goes both ways, it keeps you in great companies during drawdowns, and it keeps you from being foolish and reckless chasing gains in raging bull markets. Keep perspective.

Last edited:
Need to keep building my position in this. Hope it stays under 30$ for the week so I can throw a bag in on Friday when I have cash.
I got 350 shares currently, goal is 500. Average price is about $26, id like to keep it around there

Last edited:
BTC sheesh. If it trends the way it has been the last month, the $100k price target by end of 2021, probably happens by fall

Monster earnings for Shopify yet again. Nice muted reaction too.

I'm relatively new to pre-market trading, as I'm on the west coast and it's way early here.

SHOP is down almost 3% pre-market. I have experience with companies having great earnings calls and the price dipping. What I don't have a good feel for is if it'll continue to drop during regular market, or if it's more likely to bounce back. I'm leaning towards grabbing another share or two pre-market at this price, but would love your expertise.

I would probably trim my position down within a few weeks since ultimately I'm trying to transition more of my funds from inidividual stocks to high growth ETFs and Mutual Funds.

By the way johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm and everyone else who contributes here, I really want to thank you. I've learned so much this past month or so.

I don't want to side track the thread too much, but I've recently fallen in love with NBA Top Shot. It's like a beautiful combination of trading cards (but digital clips instead), crypto (NFTs), and the stock market. It's still relatively new but exploding. Think Bitcon when it was $300 (so, already exploded ... but no where near where it is today). It also feels similar to how Netflix quickly overtook Blockbuster. I figured if anyone may appreciate this revolutionary idea, it would be this thread.

If anyone is interested, you can PM me or join the official thread (it's not very active, and fairly negative right now).

A stock like Shopify being down 3% isn’t a buying opportunity, it’s just normal price action. If you’re only holding for a couple of weeks, I wouldn’t be a buyer today. When your window is that small your buys need to be based on technicals or ranges in order to give you an edge. Take a look at the chart and ask yourself is this a breakout through resistance, a retest of support after a breakout, at the bottom of a channel, or just random price action?

A stock like Shopify being down 3% isn’t a buying opportunity, it’s just normal price action. If you’re only holding for a couple of weeks, I wouldn’t be a buyer today. When your window is that small your buys need to be based on technicals or ranges in order to give you an edge. Take a look at the chart and ask yourself is this a breakout through resistance, a retest of support after a breakout, at the bottom of a channel, or just random price action?

You're right (of course). Looking at the chart I would typically say it looks like a random price action. But since they just had an earnings call, I'm not certain. I've mostly been a long-hold investor up until this past year, so I don't have that much experience with action right before/after earnings calls.

Edit: down 5% now. I want to buy but I had a different plan before today, so I’ll be disciplined and stick to it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Sell off on good earnings is super healthy when there was a run up into the call. This guide sounds conservative and the lower growth was in new subscribers, not in the business overall so it’s a buying opportunity if we see any steep pull backs.

TSLA about to touch the 50 MA which rarely happens.......and then it bounces! Might be a great buying opportunity. If it breaks past the 50 MA then this baby could fall back to who knows.

Sell off on good earnings is super healthy when there was a run up into the call. This guide sounds conservative and the lower growth was in new subscribers, not in the business overall so it’s a buying opportunity if we see any steep pull backs.

Nice insight, thanks. It’s up 26% since I purchased three weeks ago, and I have faith in the company, so not too too worried about it being down 7% today at open. My instinct is this is a buying opportunity. But I’m glad I didn’t purchase pre-market when it was only down 3%.

I’m going to stick to my plan and invest another $3K into FBGRX. Thanks!

Set a stop on TDOC @ $286 before the open. Triggered literally a minute after market open. I just wasn’t feeling the price I bought at and today’s set up. 1% loss but got the $10k buying power back for other moves.

Back
Top Bottom