OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Sprinkling in the Disney types that are growing but large cap safety stocks are really important. Disney has been a life saver for me this week.

yeah a couple of my buddies who have similar portfolios said the same thing about DIS keeping them afloat...
I never got into DIS because I personally hate the company. I feel like one very stupid piece of advice that has been thrown around since forever towards beginners is to invest in companies that you like, use, see a lot, etc.
Just because you like a brand doesn’t mean it’s a good stock. And vice versa. I hate Disney and never bought their stock. Same with FB, hate Facebook and never invested.
I have 2 kids and they don’t even like Disney- not Disney+ or the Disney world (I hate both lol)
But I guess I should have invested. That old adage is dumb imo

yeah a couple of my buddies who have similar portfolios said the same thing about DIS keeping them afloat...
I never got into DIS because I personally hate the company. I feel like one very stupid piece of advice that has been thrown around since forever towards beginners is to invest in companies that you like, use, see a lot, etc.
Just because you like a brand doesn’t mean it’s a good stock. And vice versa. I hate Disney and never bought their stock. Same with FB, hate Facebook and never invested.
I have 2 kids and they don’t even like Disney- not Disney+ or the Disney world (I hate both lol)
But I guess I should have invested. That old adage is dumb imo
Can't be in them all fam, there's nothing wrong with that. MSFT fills the same need. NVDA. Etc.

Got stopped out on all my stock positions , mutual funds bleeding profusely. This bounce got me ready to jump right back in all of them. I feel like the fed just needs to buy bonds and get these rates in check.

Part of me feels like the rate story this week is gonna be a distant memory next week, these bad news stories seem to come and go. The other part of me feels like the one thing propping the market up at these valuations has been pulled and everything needs a revaluation. Just hard to call where we go from here.

Word
I feel like when this **** settles down, I’m talking in the next several months, I’m going to give myself a little more peace of mind by not being so tech/growth heavy lol

This is a good point.

Right before the crash, I was looking at my portfolio and noticed how tech heavy I was.

Part of that was deliberate because I sold my safe bets (MSFT and AAPL - tech still but much safer) for high growth.

Plan was (and still is) to ride the high growth train and then slowly pivot back to the mega/large cap safe plays.

Got stopped out on all my stock positions , mutual funds bleeding profusely. This bounce got me ready to jump right back in all of them. I feel like the fed just needs to buy bonds and get these rates in check.

Part of me feels like the rate story this week is gonna be a distant memory next week, these bad news stories seem to come and go. The other part of me feels like the one thing propping the market up at these valuations has been pulled and everything needs a revaluation. Just hard to call where we go from here.
Join me on Market optimist island. S&P +15%, Start of a new bull market, we're here.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 11.52.21 AM.png

And I don't even consider this accurate. They have Telsa in Consumer Cyclicals; SNAP & PINs in Communication Services. THESE are tech companies. Paypal is in Financial Services, that's Fintech so whatever.

The overwhelming majority of my portfolio is tech exposure. Not gonna change either.

That's the truth. Tech is not a fad.

It is the present and future.

As with everything, there will be winners and losers in that space.

It's about picking the winners

Spent a ton of hours studying calls and puts the last week. Realizing I don’t have calls or puts money that I want to take out of anywhere. Rough life.

Not a bad day thus far. FCEL and CCIV 🚀

Added ROKU and SKILZ (again) to the port. Added a few more pennies to my TSLA, APPL and VIAC shares.

Last edited:
The issue isn't techs long term viability, obviously technology is here to stay in all walks of life. The issue is the valuations. I feel like tech is gonna be stagnant until these companies PROVE this growth that has been priced in. As vaccines start to tamper the covid restrictions, we've been hearing good news all week, and bonds start to price in the economic recovery, its a sell the news type of situation for tech imo.

The issue isn't techs long term viability, obviously technology is here to stay in all walks of life. The issue is the valuations. I feel like tech is gonna be stagnant until these companies PROVE this growth that has been priced in. As vaccines start to tamper the covid restrictions, we've been hearing good news all week, and bonds start to price in the economic recovery, its a sell the news type of situation for tech imo.
For me these are the long term conviction holds in my portfolio so I wasn't going to sell anyways.

what price did you add roku and sklz at? thinking about adding roku and starting in sklz today

Not a bad day thus far. FCEL and CCIV 🚀

Added ROKU and SKILZ (again) to the port. Added a few more pennies to my TSLA, APPL and VIAC shares.

Back
Top Bottom