OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

fomc minutes playa

bunch of meaningless noise

great time to take off any positions you want to unwind though

you know you're holding dead premium when you can't take anything off into this rally :smh:

CTRL is a piece of **** :lol: how is it down right now :smh:

Last edited:
No idea why you're still holding CTRL. I can't see people buying into "smart" thermostats for their homes. If it's integrated to new homes, sure.

contracts are worthless doesn't make sense closing them at this point. have till july so they'll be sitting there.

took off UUP at .15. dont feel like looking at it.

KITE :pimp: my 70-90-110 call fly looking decent. marking 3.75 from 2.90 entry. hopefully it doesn't go too bonkers before July expiration.

AGIO damn man 6 dollar spike out of nowhere. wanted to get long this one for a swing this morning but was gonna wait for a pull back :smh: had my eyes on an august 120-150-180 call fly but needed it under the 2.95 it marked to pull the trigger. wanted at least 10-1 on the trade.

Last edited:
Been eyeing this thread for a bit soaking it all in and messing around w/ simulators. Decided to sell off some things I had laying around and try my hand at the market. Not really cemented into a strategy yet. Not looking to do really long term investments but not a day trader either. Probably something like a few weeks to months scale, we'll see.

For my first stocks, purchased ralph at 132.00 and box at 17.00 the last two days. I'm a fan of Levie, the founder/CEO of box, and I think there's a future in cloud-based storage/collaboration. RL has just been sitting pretty low and I'm taking a guess that it'll have a bounce back.

What's your exit plan? Very important to know what you wanna do if a stock goes in your direction or against you. That's wfat gets you to the next level.

You're right, honestly haven't decided.

RL im lookin at mid 160s eventually which seemed to be around its stable range for a while, i'm confident enough to hold it if it drops for now. Definitely need to take a closer look at Box as far as where it can go/ what I'm willing to tolerate.

yeah just have a plan. you're probably trading small size so it's ok to figure things out on the fly for now. you have two decent ideas so i hope they work out well.

with BOX and IPOs in general, you always wanna be aware of lock up expirations and any possible secondary offerings.

Was eyeing NKE, but read an article on SeekingAlpha and decided to turn my focus to FL. With both NKE and UA doing will, I look at FL as an ETF since they carry both brands and the domino effect would have them doing well in sells. Near its 52wk high so I'm laying for at least a drop to $55-58.

Need more ETFs though, have to diversify, more studying will be done.

remember there was someone that asked about AXP while back, it's starting to look decent again.

just broke out of value for the month. value area high was 81.58. could buy dips against that level if you want.

bottom of value for the year is 85.86, however, so that may be a little resistance. If it gets back inside there and holds, could see 87.50 and potentially 92.38. must accept 81.58 and then 85.86 for any of that to be possible. loses 81.58 could see 79.35 and 77.74.

> MAR 24

before

GIII - G-III Apparel Group
HDS - HD Supply Holdings

after

SONC - Sonic Corp

> MAR 25

before

PAYX - Paychex

after

FIVE - Five Below
PVH - PVH Corp
RHT - Redhat

> MAR 26

before

ACN - Accenture
CAG - Conagra Foods
LULU - Lululemon Athletica

after

GME - GameStop
RH - Restoration Hardware

> MAR 27

before

BBRY - Blackberry
BYD - Boyd Gaming Corp
FINL - Finish Line

Maybe a dumb question but when y'all are trading, Do y'all go to an actual broker or do y'all do it online or through an app?

Everyone likes free **** right?

KOTM is having an open house coming up, here are the details to get a free look at how the trading room works and there'll probably be a one month offer at a discount afterward if you find value in the experience and want to try it out more in depth.

Just take your time and learn how they trade before jumping into positions. And be smart with your sizing, they're only risking what they can tolerate going to 0.

Hello ,

With the Spring equinox upon us, there is more than just warm weather around the corner.

The KOTM Q2 Platinum Open House begins Tue Apr 7 at 9 am EST, running for the length of each day’s market session until Fri Apr 10 at 4:30 pm EST.

Included with the FREE KOTM-exclusive Platinum Open House are SMS (text message) trade alerts. If you’d like to receive these for the week, please enter your mobile # on the registration page.

The KOTM-exclusive Q2 Open House
Tue 4/7 - Fri 4/10, 9 am - 4:30 pm EST
Click Here https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2927949252451453441 To Join The Open House

The live trading room is KOTM’s flagship product, and we’re constantly striving to improve this experience for our members.

We’ve recently brought on another new moderator, Christian Fromhertz, who served as the head of ETF Trading at Merrill Lynch.

Watch Professionals Trade for 6.5+ Hours Each Session!

The schedule for the live trading room is as follows:

8:30-930 am: Pre-market with Web Begole & Jim Ramelli
9:30 - 11 am: Andrew Keene’s Opening Bell (Unusual Options Activity)
11 am - 12 pm: Christian Fromhertz (ETF and ETF Options)
12 - 1 pm: Web Begole (Futures and Futures Options
1 - 3 pm: James Ramelli (Earnings, Equities, and Equity Options)
3 - 4 pm: Andrew Keene’s Closing Bell (Equities and Equity Options)
4 - 4:30 pm: After the Close with Web Begole

Click Here https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2927949252451453441 to Join the FREE KOTM-Exclusive Q2 Open House

Thanks,

Team KOTM

Last edited:
lol I feel you, just started myself. it's overwhelming at first w/ all the lingo and info, but I find myself more comfortable w/ it little by little. it's def a process.

/ES is the S&P futures
SPY is the ETF that correlates to it.

NDX is the Nasdaq futures
QQQ is the ETF that correlates to it.

On the right is active trader, unclick the AT if you don't find it useful and it'll go away.

If you wanna add more charts, under the green investors button top right are two rectangles click it and highlight 4 box or more with your cursor.

I run 9 charts 3 on top of 3 on top of 3. Plus another 6 in Flexible Grid in the Charts tab up above.

If you're unfunded and in a simulator just mess around with everything till you get familiar.

Last edited:
you think GPRO is bouncing back after falling to 40? a lot of competition from chinese brands. thoughts?

the camera itself, well, that's a model that can be easily replicated. but if you believe in the management team and their visions in creating a brand and monetizing the content generated, it could be a decent speculative buy with a stop under its recent swing low.

KRFT :lol: :smh: there was UOA in this one, I never took it, just didn't seem to make sense for me. June 67.50s. One guy in chat had 150 and is looking to make 225k at the open. Obviously, you never know what's gonna happen, which orders will be great, but, this is why I like reading order flow.

buyout. those options did nothing but sell off after the order came through, going from .70 to .40, but finally the news broke last night.

Back
Top Bottom