OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I think I figured out why LNKD is a $250 stock

$499.00 for a 30-day posting in Greater New York City Area, or save up to 40% with a multi-job pack.

They charge a ton to employers. Never knew that.
That makes sense.

For most of these companies, that's cheaper than hiring a HR person to do recruiting.

This week should be very interesting given the developments in various parts of the world.

Futures are already down like crazy due to the increasing likelihood of the Grexit (don't think it'll happen)....

ISIS going super crazy in the Middle East...

...and Puerto Rico 'bout to play the Detroit bankruptcy game.

We all know we're due for a correction...perhaps the time is now?

Im holding some SPY and QQQ calls overnight too 
mad.gif

[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

This week should be very interesting given the developments in various parts of the world.

Futures are already down like crazy due to the increasing likelihood of the Grexit (don't think it'll happen)....

ISIS going super crazy in the Middle East...

...and Puerto Rico 'bout to play the Detroit bankruptcy game.

We all know we're due for a correction...perhaps the time is now?

Easiest way to handle volatility is to trade the trend, take targets and raise your stop.

I could easily see the market correct ~10% even if Greece doesn't get booted. Take it as a short term buying opportunity, as Greece isn't large enough to tank the world economy and their bonds aren't being held in large quantities at US banks (thank goodness).

Where does 1 learn how to day trade? I currently work from home so it wouldn't be a big transition for me lifestyle wise but I am looking to transition into this as a full time job. I have always been interested but let other things take its course. I have thinkorswim and paper trade but I am looking for somewhere to learn how to actually do it instead of just buying random things.

IF you're serious about it, InvestorsLive's DVDs (Textbook Trading and Tandem Trader) and chatroom (InvestorsUnderground) is the best way to learn. You could also learn from Bulls On Wall Street if you desire. But those are the 2 best options to get started.

be careful with China. i've been screaming for over a year now how garbage that market is. it's fine to trade them if you desire, just make sure you have a plan, follow it, and limit your overnight risk cause you can wake up to a disturbing gap down. china is a ticking time bomb, ring the register and reduce risk.

Still slowly building. Waiting for another $DIS dip before I take more positions for the kiddos. Eyeing $SBUX and and $NKE right now. Forgone $NKE thinking it would drop but it keeps climbing so I need to get a solid position before it climbs again. $SBUX was the winner between that and $DNKN for me, I'll take growth right now and they're definitely growing.

Time to dive back into oil? Crude's getting absolutely demolished and I can't imagine a 10% dip in 2 days not seeing a bounce.

TSLA nooooooo

Time to dive back into oil? Crude's getting absolutely demolished and I can't imagine a 10% dip in 2 days not seeing a bounce.

Maybe a very short term bounce, sure

Crude and gold right now doe :smh:

be careful with China. i've been screaming for over a year now how garbage that market is. it's fine to trade them if you desire, just make sure you have a plan, follow it, and limit your overnight risk cause you can wake up to a disturbing gap down. china is a ticking time bomb, ring the register and reduce risk.

i try not to hold on to them too long. learned my lesson. just take profits when they come

still waiting for NKE or UA to dip a little

Last edited:
wassup guys, im completely new to this and i wanted to know how i can get started with an account, buy stock, and just hold them for a good time period. does it have to be through my 401k or something like that?

Rolled the dice on some NFLX calls earlier.

Split x Earnings approaching.

They've been bouncing back from the dips post Icahn.

wassup guys, im completely new to this and i wanted to know how i can get started with an account, buy stock, and just hold them for a good time period. does it have to be through my 401k or something like that?

No, you can setup an account with Sharebuilder, E-Trade, or other trading sites then just transfer money into it. However, this is not the time to buy and hold due to the volatility of the market right now.

Last edited:

No, you can setup an account with Sharebuilder, E-Trade, or other trading sites then just transfer money into it. However, this is not the time to buy and hold due to the volatility of the market right now.
thanks i know the market is a little crazy right now with the greece thing going on but i kinda want to get ready and jump in when the prices are still good for the stocks i think i should invest in

TSLA nooooooo

Maybe a very short term bounce, sure

Crude and gold right now doe :smh:
a bounce is always possible but doesn't need to happen. just be smart, have a plan and dont fight the trend if you're wrong.
Of course not. Last week I got out of a Sept 17 Put for USO that I'm killing myself over right now :lol: Not going back in at the moment. This volatility is scary bruhs.

thanks i know the market is a little crazy right now with the greece thing going on but i kinda want to get ready and jump in when the prices are still good for the stocks i think i should invest in

Oh, if you have a plan then go for it. Once you find a firm, it should be pretty straightforward to setup an account and start investing. No need to go through your 401k unless you want to use that money.

Back
Top Bottom