Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Yeah I know, I'm just mad that they're targeting our best player. I'm just happy that Wenger wont sell and that Cesc is handling this all like a professional, regardless of whether he does want out.

Barca players are handling this Cesc situation SO grimey with regards to the media. They comment on him about every other day.

from one Serbian to another(soccernet.com):

- Manchester City have confirmed the signing of Lazio left-back Aleksandar Kolarov for a reported fee of £19 million

- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken of his delight at Nemanja Vidic penning a new four-year contract with the club
pimp.gif

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas has agreed personal terms with Spanish champions Barcelona, according to a report on Sunday.

Catalan sports daily Sport claims that the Spain international agreed his contract should he leave the Gunners for the former European champions. It's been reported that the 23-year-old will sign a five-year deal and will receive £5.9 million per season.

However, Fabregas' current club Arsenal are yet to agree on a transfer fee with Barcelona. Manager Arsene Wenger is said to hold a meeting with the World Cup winner this week and a decision on the player's future will be decided after that. On Sunday Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta was quoted as saying that he didn't expect his international teammate to move to Camp Nou.

Nevertheless, Barcelona are keen on signing Fabregas this summer and had already approached the former English champions earlier, only to be turned down.

Manchester United needs to get a new striker if theyre getting rid of Berbatov

should of never let Tevez go to City smh

Originally Posted by Brian Cushing

Barca players are handling this Cesc situation SO grimey with regards to the media. They comment on him about every other day.
I always felt they were the classy ones with Madrid being loud, obnoxious and over the top.

It's just the Spaniard in all of them I guess. Taste some victory and they start barking louder than anyone else
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by drock2010

Utd's not getting rid of Berba...we've also bought Chicharito,unproven but certainly a talented player...
and really,that "should've never let Tevez go" talk is getting old...
we missed Ronaldo,not him...

Originally Posted by drock2010

Utd's not getting rid of Berba...we've also bought Chicharito,unproven but certainly a talented player...
and really,that "should've never let Tevez go" talk is getting old...
we missed Ronaldo,not him...

guys,check this out(from soccernet):

Under new rules introduced this season,on September 1 Premier League clubs must name a squad of 25 players to represent the club until January.Eight of those players must have spent at least three years at an English or Welsh club before the age of 21,but an unlimited number of additional players aged under 21 on January 1 can be used.

eek.gif
The rule is already causing problems for Manchester City,who will have to sell a number of players or consider leaving them on the sidelines,ineligible for first-team action in the first half of the season.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Soccernet have been producing a ton of junk lately and I would take almost everything they report with a grain of salt...from Aguero to Chelsea being confirmed (back in January), to Joe Cole to Arsenal, to Fabregas agreeing to terms with Barca even though Barca have said Arsenal are unwilling to talk to them, etc etc. They have lost a ton of credibility in the last year or so and they do not appear to be very reputable anymore.

Their recent article about Man City needing to ship out 12-players is junk journalism as well. I read on another forum that Man City currently have 38-players on their senior roster but 8 of them are youth players. That means that Man City only need to loan out or sell 5 players (Robinho, Bellamy, SWP, Weiss, Ireland, Onuoha are rumored to be on their way out). So it appears that Soccernet exaggerated the story just for the heck of it.

Anyways, I think Man City's biggest problem now is what to do with Robinho. They dont want him and he does not want to be there. He wants to play in Brazil but they can not afford his wages over there. No one is willing to meet Man City's valuation of Robinho. It looks like they'll either have to loan him out and pay a portion of his wages or sell him for a significant loss.

I'm kind of surprised that Man Utd have been so quite this summer. I cant imagine Ferguson will not make a few more moves before the deadline passes. I guess its true that Man Utd's massive debt will force the club to spend less money on players in the near future. They made 80 million off of Ronaldo's sale but have only spent a portion of it on Valencia and Hernandez.

Liverpool are a mess...it looks like Mascherano is heading to Inter or Real. Torres isn't happy but I dont think the club is willing to sell him just yet.

Tottenham look like they'll bring in some key players soon.

Arsenal are in the market for a GK...I think they really need to bring in 1-2 more defenders and atleast 1 more CM. It looks like they'll bring in a GK and another CB but they are content with the rest of the squad.

On another note...Spain is doing work in the U-19 championships. This squad has immense talent. Canales, Pacheco, Keko and others.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Henry did it before. Khedira to Madrid, meh.
he's done very well in the World Cup...
it's a good acquisition for Real...and trust Mourinho to get the best out of him...

i think Khedira and Alonso in that holding room would look good...

not related to transfer news but this just in:
Manchester United midfielder Anderson in car crash

Manchester United midfielder Anderson has been involved in a car crash in Portugal and was pulled from the wreckage moments before it burst into flames,according to reports.

Anderson is said to have spent hours in hospital after the crash,which occured at around 7am on a rural road in Braga,but sustained only minor injuries.

The 22-year-old spent the night at the Sardinha Biba nightclub before leaving in a £125,000 Audi R8 and a witness said he was pulled ''lifeless'' from the wreckage before it went up in flames.

Almeno Antunes,who according to Jornal de Noticias helped rescue the three people in the car,said:"I saw a cloud of smoke ahead of me.The car was unable to straighten up after a slight bend and went into the field and caught fire.I thought he was dead.My brother dragged him out."

Two companions - a man known as Victor and a young Brazilian woman,whose details have not been released - were also said to have been involved in the accident and were taken to St Mark's hospital to be treated for concussion,whiplash and shock."They had only minor injuries,"a hospital spokesman,Roman Fresco,said.

Anderson ruptured his cruciate ligament in February and has been out of action since.The Portuguese press quoted the Gestifute agency,which represents Anderson,as saying the Brazilian would now return to Manchester to continue his rehabilitation after suffering an "almighty scare".

out partying while you're still recovering from an injury,huh?trust me,his days at United are now numbered...Sir Alex hates this type of thing...
smh.gif

not related to transfer news but this just in:
Manchester United midfielder Anderson in car crash

Manchester United midfielder Anderson has been involved in a car crash in Portugal and was pulled from the wreckage moments before it burst into flames,according to reports.

Anderson is said to have spent hours in hospital after the crash,which occured at around 7am on a rural road in Braga,but sustained only minor injuries.

The 22-year-old spent the night at the Sardinha Biba nightclub before leaving in a £125,000 Audi R8 and a witness said he was pulled ''lifeless'' from the wreckage before it went up in flames.

Almeno Antunes,who according to Jornal de Noticias helped rescue the three people in the car,said:"I saw a cloud of smoke ahead of me.The car was unable to straighten up after a slight bend and went into the field and caught fire.I thought he was dead.My brother dragged him out."

Two companions - a man known as Victor and a young Brazilian woman,whose details have not been released - were also said to have been involved in the accident and were taken to St Mark's hospital to be treated for concussion,whiplash and shock."They had only minor injuries,"a hospital spokesman,Roman Fresco,said.

Anderson ruptured his cruciate ligament in February and has been out of action since.The Portuguese press quoted the Gestifute agency,which represents Anderson,as saying the Brazilian would now return to Manchester to continue his rehabilitation after suffering an "almighty scare".

out partying while you're still recovering from an injury,huh?trust me,his days at United are now numbered...Sir Alex hates this type of thing...
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom