***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Did another 2 hour session yesterday from Rodrigo. He called me Saturday evening to come in the next day (yesterday), short notice but I took it. End up getting 2 more appointments in a month, and 2 weeks after that. Originally my 2nd appointment woudve been in December.

^^^^Jesus man. You getting covered super fast. I swear you had like 2 tattoos or something like that only a year ago. Looks dope though. It will look super clean when the color gets done.

Hey fong,

Ive been lurking this thread a while as well and after doing a lot of research I am giving serious consideration to getting my first tattoo done by henry lewis.  I was supposed to get a consultation a few months back but I broke my ankle and never got around to it.

I want to get an Andean Condor (my mom is from Chile) with the chilean quote of arms "por la razon o la fuerza" which means by reason or by force....

I think henry would be a good artist to go for this idea and im also wondering how much something like that is going to cost....

It depends on the size and where the tattoo is going to be. Animals like a condor can be pretty detailed with the feathers and all. No BS, if you were to get something at least from the shoulder to the elbow, look to spend close to $1500-2000 for sure at Skull and Sword. All those guys are capable of pulling it off but they do have their distinct style. Me personally, I would go with Yutaro Sakai. He did these below and I think he can do your condor just as good.

6e10b3f4d39011e19cc822000a1d00e9_7.jpg
7e7602b6b0ff11e180d51231380fcd7e_7.jpg

Last episode of Valerie Vargas. Its kind of sappy but a nice perspective or working with your significant other: http://www.vice.com/tattoo-age/valerie-vargas-part-3

Last edited:
^

Yeah bruh, a year ago I didnt even have my upper part of my right arm done besides my cross. Now I basically have 85% of my right arm done, and have 3 more appointments lined up before the end of the year for my left arm. Im going to significantly slow down after I finish both my arms though lol. Eventually gonna do my back and maybe my thigh or something.

On another note, wow at that vulture. Looks so sick.

really impressed with some of the work that some of you guys have... still wanting to get one...

have any of you ever had any problems with your tattoo artist? i went to one, but the sketch he made, wasnt exactly what i was wanting.. so we didnt do it... have you guys ever felt not comfortable with the work that your guy was gonna do? or had any doubts?

the guy i went to, didnt want to copy the tattoo i wanted.. want an angel on the ribs.. but until i find an artist that can do it, like that.. it wont happen.. i love the 3d type tattoos that some have in this thread...

anyone know an awesome artist in the south east (alabama)?

really impressed with some of the work that some of you guys have... still wanting to get one...
have any of you ever had any problems with your tattoo artist? i went to one, but the sketch he made, wasnt exactly what i was wanting.. so we didnt do it... have you guys ever felt not comfortable with the work that your guy was gonna do? or had any doubts?
the guy i went to, didnt want to copy the tattoo i wanted.. want an angel on the ribs.. but until i find an artist that can do it, like that.. it wont happen.. i love the 3d type tattoos that some have in this thread...
anyone know an awesome artist in the south east (alabama)?

That's actually pretty common. I actually come to the point where I figure tattoo artists always have a hit and miss ratio. No one ever produces 100% good stuff all the time. Even if we see it on a blog, that only means it was good enough for the artists to put up. I won't lie that what I have is what I expected. You see people's portfolios everyday and expect to have the same quality stuff and I don't think I have it. I even had a e-mail conversation with Bobby Hundreds and he got tattooed by Cartoon and I don't even think it was what he thought it was going to be. He's the one that introduced me to tattoo regret because a lot of people got through it when you get inked for the first time.

Anyways....I say take your time. Some artists can be very picky and never want to do straight copies of other people's work. They will always want to change it in some way just to make it their work. Maybe you just have to find someone that won't care as much. I think you escaped a bad situation though.

Thanks for the response mr fong, those yutaro ones are really sick too.... and I was thinking of getting it in the region you were describing and those pictures make it a harder decision on who to go with.  Im guessing the waitlist for these guys would be something like 5 or 6 months?

[COLOR=#red]Wanna get the quote "live simply so other people can simply live" tat'd.....This quote always stuck with me since first seeing the video of dude and his mom, everything said in it was a description of my mother in how she has raised me to this day, it just so simple, but powerful in the meaning to me...[/COLOR]

Thanks for the response mr fong, those yutaro ones are really sick too.... and I was thinking of getting it in the region you were describing and those pictures make it a harder decision on who to go with.  Im guessing the waitlist for these guys would be something like 5 or 6 months?

3 months last time I checked. Grime is the only one with the wait and it's 1 year. Everyone else is about 3 months or so.

I finally started my half sleeve a few days ago and here is the result so far. I got the skull/rose tat last year and is located on my inner bicep. I will post new pics after the next session.

^^^^^^How was the pain level on that inner bicep? I feel like such a punk for saying this but I am actually scared to get tatted there cause I feel like it;'s going to hurt like crazy. Nice piece though.

^^^^^^How was the pain level on that inner bicep? I feel like such a punk for saying this but I am actually scared to get tatted there cause I feel like it;'s going to hurt like crazy. Nice piece though.
Actually not bad at all. In fact, I actually enjoyed the part near my armpit. Just some nice little scratchy feeling. The artist also said that she nearly fainted when she got the inner part of her bicep done, so she was stunned when I said that it felt nice 
laugh.gif
. For some reason the upper shoulder part hurt the most, which is just outerlines with no shadow work.

^ I plan on getting my bicep done next. I have my entire front (shoulders to waist) and nothing compares to the pain near the nipples no homo and the sternum. Some of the worst pain I have ever felt and i've broken bones and torn my ACL, so the bicep will be a walk in the park hopefully lol

Last edited:
Inner bicep is not as bad as people think it is. I have my ****oo clock there and the pain wasnt half as bad as I thought. The top of the shoulder where the bone is hurts more, and yeah near the nipple is a ******. My chest panel on my Japanese tattoo is a few inches from my nipple and I still felt it there.

The worst for me so far is most def the top of my shoulder, top front to be exact where that bone is. I honestly could not take it and my leg would twitch after every line. I remember the clouds on my right arm on the same shoulder location hurt like **** so mentally I probably made it worse for myself.

i want this tattoo... same place..

dxfmma.jpg

but the artist told me, it wont work. didnt flow well, and it wasnt a real actual tattoo, according to him. and he also didnt want to do the same tattoo..

took a while to get him finally working on it.. then he came up with this..

riygqf.jpg

i wasnt really feeling this.. i know you cant really tell a whole lot from a sketch, but this angel looked a little bit like a ****** to me..since he didnt want to do the exact same piece, i asked him to make it a female angel, pretty face and that is what he came up with. what do you guys think? am i being too picky?

not too much later, he quit his job at that tattoo place, cause he felt he was doing more drawing than actually tattooing..

anyone know a great artist in south east (alabama), that can do 3d type pieces?

Last edited:
Bro there is no such thing as being too picky when getting a tattoo, it will be on you FOREVER. Do not settle when it comes to tattoos, do not get one just because you are worried that no one can come up with exactly what you want. Trust me from experience you dont want to regret rushing and getting something, just take your time and find the right artist and it will all work out.

so this is my first tat. says STAY TRUE. if i could do it over again i would change a few aspects of it but i guess everyone has some regrets about their first tattoo :lol:

i eventually want to start working on a sleve so my question is this

the lettering is arched and theres a open space on the tricep. id like to fill that in with something. maybe a quote or something? what do you guys think would look best? add something? leave it alone?

dont mind the pythons flexing :lol:

securedownload-1 by FilthyRich85, on Flickr

so this is my first tat. says STAY TRUE. if i could do it over again i would change a few aspects of it but i guess everyone has some regrets about their first tattoo :lol:
the lettering is arched and theres a open space on the tricep. id like to fill that in with something. maybe a quote or something? what do you guys think would look best? add something? leave it alone?
dont mind the pythons flexing :lol:

and that's just it... i dont want to be someone that has regrets about my first tattoo... cause most likely it will be the only one

Last edited:
goldenchild- dont stress too much. youre on the right track. find an artist you like talk about your tattoo ideas and get their feedback. if he thinks he could pull it of,f have him draw it up. if it looks like a ****** tell him to change it. honestly no such thing as being too picky imo.

you are doing it right. i dont regret my tattoo because i just walked in and got it in one day pretty much. i didnt take the time to do the thing you should. i love my tattoo. its more than a tat because i remember everything about the day i got it, the reasons i got it and overall it was a great experience.

IMO your first tattoo is kinda a leap of faith. but if you do all the prep work you will love it.

so this is my first tat. says STAY TRUE. if i could do it over again i would change a few aspects of it but i guess everyone has some regrets about their first tattoo
laugh.gif

dont mind the pythons flexing
laugh.gif

Just come up with ideas and a good artist will work around it. Honestly, that tattoo is concentrated in such a small area (bicep) that with your arm down at your sides, you basically have a whole blank canvas of an arm. Thats ALOT of work you can do, either around that bicep tat or incorporating it. When youre arm is sleeved out like that honestly all the tattoos on your arm just "flow" together even when it really doesnt when you pick each piece apart and analyze it.

Half asleep writing this so I hope it made even a little sense.

Anyone recommend any good Black artists? I've been checking out Miya Bailey and I'd really like to get work done by him but I can't deal with the premadonna **** artists start to do when they get popular.

^

If it doesnt tickly your fancy, you should leave negative comments like that out of this thread. There hasnt been any negativity in this thread and it should stay like that.

^

If it doesnt tickly your fancy, you should leave negative comments like that out of this thread. There hasnt been any negativity in this thread and it should stay like that.

or post his own pieces, to let us see what good work is. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom