***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

My artist used Recovery Derm Shield on me. Instructions were keep the first wrap on for 24 hours immediately after the tattoo is done. Then clena, reapply for 48 hours. After the first day of the second application, my skin started to break out in a reddish rash. I think it was due to me stretching the bandage and causing it to pull on my skin as well as an allergic reaction to the adhesive. I went home and took it off, cleaned it, and switched to Tegaderm for the final 24 hours which was way more soft and ductile.

No scabbing, minimal bleeding. Might be just how my skin recovers but the healing process is going well. Now it's just peeling and slightly dry. Healing very nicely

Going with this guy for a lioness & cub piece on my arm.
Any thoughts or critiques based on his work: https://luckybirdtattoo.com/nicky-hennerez

Yeah his detail work is nice.

Got this yesterday. Going back in June to add some white ink and other small details. Ignore the hair :lol:

8CE493EE-CE4A-4A52-8F3C-796FDD51B951.png

Booked an appointment for my second piece. Won't be going to Bang Bang this time (I'm too poor :lol:). Going with an artist out of Art Machine Productions in Philly. Going for a St. Michael piece. It's funny, because when I went to Bang Bang last week, Mr. K was actually doing an angel piece on another guy

My artist used Recovery Derm Shield on me. Instructions were keep the first wrap on for 24 hours immediately after the tattoo is done. Then clena, reapply for 48 hours. After the first day of the second application, my skin started to break out in a reddish rash. I think it was due to me stretching the bandage and causing it to pull on my skin as well as an allergic reaction to the adhesive. I went home and took it off, cleaned it, and switched to Tegaderm for the final 24 hours which was way more soft and ductile.

No scabbing, minimal bleeding. Might be just how my skin recovers but the healing process is going well. Now it's just peeling and slightly dry. Healing very nicely

Adhesive allergic reactions are common. I have a dumb question. He told you to wash the bandage and reapply or wash the tattoo area the apply a new bandage?

My artist used saniderm on my inner bicep and a corner was getting a bruise from the adhesive. It was a pain to pull off too. Had to do it in a hot shower

Adhesive allergic reactions are common. I have a dumb question. He told you to wash the bandage and reapply or wash the tattoo area the apply a new bandage?
Yeah I still have the rash. I could tell it was from the adhesive because there's a very straight line between the rash and healthy skin.

He told me to wash the tattoo area and apply a new bandage that he gave me. This is what he used: https://www.recoveryaftercare.com/derm-shield-5-9-x-8-yard-roll.html

He pretty much told me to follow the instructions from the manufacturer: "The first Derm Shield application should stay in place for 24 hours, depending on level of exudation. It is normal for blood and fluids to collect under the bandage.

A second application can be used for several days, and a third application may be used if necessary. Gently clean and dry the area between applications. Do not wear any piece longer than one week."

I didn't experience any scabbing thankfully so I'm a believer in the method. Right now it's just peeling and itchy so applying thin layers of lotion 2-3 times a day.

Yeah I still have the rash. I could tell it was from the adhesive because there's a very straight line between the rash and healthy skin.

He told me to wash the tattoo area and apply a new bandage that he gave me. This is what he used: https://www.recoveryaftercare.com/derm-shield-5-9-x-8-yard-roll.html

He pretty much told me to follow the instructions from the manufacturer: "The first Derm Shield application should stay in place for 24 hours, depending on level of exudation. It is normal for blood and fluids to collect under the bandage.

A second application can be used for several days, and a third application may be used if necessary. Gently clean and dry the area between applications. Do not wear any piece longer than one week."

I didn't experience any scabbing thankfully so I'm a believer in the method. Right now it's just peeling and itchy so applying thin layers of lotion 2-3 times a day.

Gotcha. I have the same allergy to most tape adhesive. I just tell the next artist not to use tape. Once the rash lasted weeks on my back.

Post pics when it heals.

Gotcha. I have the same allergy to most tape adhesive. I just tell the next artist not to use tape. Once the rash lasted weeks on my back.

Post pics when it heals.
Will do homie! Probably next week or so. I think I'm going to use just Tegaderm next time as it was much softer and my skin didn't react to the adhesive aggressively. Might actually do a test run with it on another portion of my skin before my next appointment in May

I got the one on the blade on my forearm. Trying to decide if I want to continue the original route of just getting smaller, subtle pieces at various locations or just start building a full sleeve. Have any of yall ended up getting a sleeve but didnt orignally intend on it? I feel like it's easier to plan from scratch rather than decide halfway when you already have a few pieces on your arm

I’m pretty sure that’s the same think my artist used on me when I got my thigh piece. Joint didn’t last 20 minutes till it came off and was on my shorts lol. Went back and did they used the regular Saran Wrap care.
She told me as long as you take the proper care of it from home you’ll be good. And she was right

I highly doubt those bandages fall off, i used that same recoveraftercare and it was like medical quality - it wasn't going anywhere.

I highly doubt those bandages fall off, i used that same recoveraftercare and it was like medical quality - it wasn't going anywhere.
Mine came/rubbed off with ease. Walked about 3 blocks towards the train and it was off. It could have been do to the location and size too. It was a big piece so he had to use multiple pieces on different angles

Any one know any good artist in Chicago area? Been going to the same guy for everything I have but want a cover up on this

20190418_202610.jpg

The hand part, idk what I get to cover it up any one have suggestions lol I'm going with a whole jesus theme on that

Legit the more I think of the artform and it’s evolution the more appreciative I become of traditional pieces and i become more glad I got a swallow bird on my hand, feels like this piece will age better than my floral half sleeve even....fine line tattoos are all the crave now, but I don’t see any of that stuff aging well at all.

7-8 years old, in the sun daily, sunburnt multiple times etc. bold will hold.
0458FB1F-2362-4682-A3BE-E247F41CBC26.jpeg

Any one know any good artist in Chicago area? Been going to the same guy for everything I have but want a cover up on this

20190418_202610.jpg

The hand part, idk what I get to cover it up any one have suggestions lol I'm going with a whole jesus theme on that

P Krol @ Krol Body Art is good. Pretty booked up though. Check him out on IG

Not sure if I asked already, but any artists with work on dark skin? Having a hard time finding people.

Back
Top Bottom