***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

When you think about it, these fine line tattoos are just money in the bank. The hype on these are pretty apparent and the money you get is pretty damn good. I am even seeing shops open up in SF that are based around people who just do this stuff.

This girl just opened a shop in the Mission. Not bad work even though it's not my cup of tea. If I want to get my pet cat tattooed, I could see going to her.

Reactions: God
This dude is just making claims with no basis.

Have a bunch of friends with a bunch of tattoos from Woo and the likes. They have had them for years and this hasn’t happened.

got any pics? i'm curious on how they look now, i don't normally see "healed" pics from these kind of artists.

on another note, i've recently started following this tattoo artist:

The thing about tattoos in general is ink expands after it ages. I think if I am correct from what was told to me, ink is tattooed on skin but it's not really on the surface but sort of embedded in the skin. Through time, that ink in your skin expands as it ages thus making lines not as crisp as they used to. So single needle stuff (depending on the style of course) just seems like in general won't hold up through time and even worse, the detail of the tattoo will just sort of blend in with other ink lines.

Here is an example of what I am talking about. Granted who knows what this person did as far as the care of their skin but still shows you how ink ages.

jlzq758lo6t01.jpg

That's funny. I just saw someone that does that and actually never heard of it before.

My wife and I were sort of talking about these tattoos. She said she actually almost likes tattoos that could fade so you aren't left with that old skin with tattoos. I guess I never looked at it that way. These "feminine" type tattoos sort of make sense in that way if you are one of those people that hate the old person with tattoo look.

That's funny. I just saw someone that does that and actually never heard of it before.

My wife and I were sort of talking about these tattoos. She said she actually almost likes tattoos that could fade so you aren't left with that old skin with tattoos. I guess I never looked at it that way. These "feminine" type tattoos sort of make sense in that way if you are one of those people that hate the old person with tattoo look.

Alot of hipster girls get these in my city. Some look classy while others look terrible like the blues clues reference.

The good thing is that they are prime time cover-up fodder if anyone wants to get a more conventional tattoo.

8FD9C5DF-A87D-4104-871B-C06C496E7951.jpeg
I'm a big fan of fine line shrugs. The piece I got a few weeks ago from Jay Shin from Bang Bang could be more considered illustrative than anything with some elements of fine line. I’m going back for another piece in June so I’m gonna ask if he can outline some of the flowers in black ink since it’s gonna fade horribly without it

For those who care, it’s the Sampaguita flower (national flower of the Philippines). I got four of them, one for each member of my family.
Experience was great, he was super easy to work with. Bang Bang is a dope place. Yeah it’s completely overpriced but I don’t really care. I finished grad school this spring so getting work done there was more of a celebratory experience than anything

8FD9C5DF-A87D-4104-871B-C06C496E7951.jpeg
I'm a big fan of fine line shrugs. The piece I got a few weeks ago from Jay Shin from Bang Bang could be more considered illustrative than anything with some elements of fine line. I’m going back for another piece in June so I’m gonna ask if he can outline some of the flowers in black ink since it’s gonna fade horribly without it

For those who care, it’s the Sampaguita flower (national flower of the Philippines). I got four of them, one for each member of my family.
Experience was great, he was super easy to work with. Bang Bang is a dope place. Yeah it’s completely overpriced but I don’t really care. I finished grad school this spring so getting work done there was more of a celebratory experience than anything

Bang Bang are overpriced frauds, genius business plan though. They could bang out (no pun intended) 10+ tattoos like this a day and charge $700 a piece and make BANK.

Soft tattoos like that will look terrible after a couple years. Bold will never grow old (bold lines).

It looks great, but guarantee it wont last.

Bang Bang are overpriced frauds, genius business plan though. They could bang out (no pun intended) 10+ tattoos like this a day and charge $700 a piece and make BANK.

Soft tattoos like that will look terrible after a couple years. Bold will never grow old (bold lines).

It looks great, but guarantee it wont last.
Oh yeah, I know that and not trying to hide that fact. I’ll deal with that when the time comes. I’d rather have something I love for a few years than something I never really liked in the first place last forever. But that’s just me and my personal preferences when it comes to the art. Nothing against American traditional, just not for me.

I’m getting work done by Hector at Bang Bang soon. Thick, bold lines. He specializes in custom calligraphy pieces. Going to get “Fight Off Your Demons” on my inner right bicep word to Brand New :pimp: :pimp:

Oh yeah, I know that and not trying to hide that fact. I’ll deal with that when the time comes. I’d rather have something I love for a few years than something I never really liked in the first place last forever. But that’s just me and my personal preferences when it comes to the art. Nothing against American traditional, just not for me.

I’m getting work done by Hector at Bang Bang soon. Thick, bold lines. He specializes in custom calligraphy pieces. Going to get “Fight Off Your Demons” on my inner right bicep word to Brand New :pimp: :pimp:
Hector is the best calligraphy tattoo artist I’ve yet to see

Hector is the best calligraphy tattoo artist I’ve yet to see
Yeah man, lettering seems so simple on the surface but I’ve seen so many gone wrong.

It’s all custom done by him. The spacing, the lines. All super clean. Just going to tell him what those words mean to me and let him go to work.

The real question is, how long does it take Nikko to do a tattoo. Price by hour is all irrelevant if he takes forever to do a portrait. But I too am surprised on his price. Would have thought $300 an hour.

I might get a booking to do a Mandela tattoo on my elbow which would complete my sleeve since I never got that finished from my other guy. I wanted to just get the typical Japanese wind bar swirl on my elbow by why not get something different to complete it.

Back
Top Bottom