***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

I have a Buddha and chrysanthemums from elbow to wrist. Just half of my forearm.. and to be all the way real, I’m black, only folks out here with sleeves are college athletes, or dope boy/rappers. I work in a big 3 insurance co during the day and retail at night.. I’m usually in a fitted black tee and slim khakis at work so I’m just waiting for my conservative boss to tell me to cover up.

5C82ECC8-D84D-4F4E-B24A-E4B3430AC2C3.jpeg

My fav tattoo. Daughter’s drawing of a vampire.
I love tattoos like this bro. They're the most unique and heartfelt meanings.

I have a Buddha and chrysanthemums from elbow to wrist. Just half of my forearm.. and to be all the way real, I’m black, only folks out here with sleeves are college athletes, or dope boy/rappers. I work in a big 3 insurance co during the day and retail at night.. I’m usually in a fitted black tee and slim khakis at work so I’m just waiting for my conservative boss to tell me to cover up.

I work in insurance too. Do corporate lines but yeah, that industry ain't about that tattooed life even though I know a ton of people that have tats in insurance.

I work in insurance too. Do corporate lines but yeah, that industry ain't about that tattooed life even though I know a ton of people that have tats in insurance.
I work in a corporate setting and it used to be very traditional. However almost 14 yrs later I am heavily tattooed and I’m management. Just have to find the right fit workwise before you go crazy with the ink.

I know a few guys that are tattooed from head to toe, only reason I know is from seeing them in the corporate gym, pause. But their jobs I assume require them to be in slacks and dress shirt. My position is a little more lax, but I’m still on the same floor with people that are required or only want to wear slacks and dress shirts. I’m over that ‘looking professional ‘ phase :lol: give me a T-shirt slacks all day and let the ink fly.

8CF3EE46-7BA7-46C3-9079-A6444072022B.jpeg

Hand tattoos. Both hands. Corporate job for 14 years. It can be done. Reppin’ that HP life :lol:

What's the average cost for a cover up? Shoulder length
Depends. I have one that’s from shoulder to almost elbow full cover up and it only cost me $200 cuz I’ve been going to my artist for over ten years. Also depends on how dark/deep ink is and how much work to cover it up. It’s situational and depends on who you go to.

Depends. I have one that’s from shoulder to almost elbow full cover up and it only cost me $200 cuz I’ve been going to my artist for over ten years. Also depends on how dark/deep ink is and how much work to cover it up. It’s situational and depends on who you go to.

I went to a tattoo shop by near my area in Chicago. They are very professional and have good work so I expected too pay alot but this guy says he charges 2,000 a session and that will be for me too..I expected too pay alot but not that much since it's only my shoulder

20190803_113615.jpg

20190803_113619.jpg

The thing I wanted was the hand of jesus I have on my shoulder, didnt like it too much because it's too wide. He said he can fix and make the Rose's and dove I have look nice but for 2k idk

I went to a tattoo shop by near my area in Chicago. They are very professional and have good work so I expected too pay alot but this guy says he charges 2,000 a session and that will be for me too..I expected too pay alot but not that much since it's only my shoulder
That’s outlandish.

Edit due to Me being extra sensitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly that isn't that craziest piece ever. Sometimes a session means a full days work which is like 6 hours or so. When you break it down, it's like over $300 an hour which is high but not like something that people don't quote. I would assume the person that said $2K in price was a realism tattoo artists? They tend to price their projects by the whole thing rather than the hour like other people.

you know you messed up, right?
If you’re referring to me about posting a pic that someone in particular can talk about me with I don’t care. I’m a short chubby chick with chipped nails. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don’t live my life to impress other people.

I’ve also posted body pics in wdywt. Me being chubby shouldn’t be news so really what mistake did I make posting that picture?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you’re referring to me about posting a pic that someone in particular can talk about me with I don’t care. I’m a short chubby chick with chipped nails. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don’t live my life to impress other people.

I’ve also posted body pics in wdywt. Me being chubby shouldn’t be news so really what mistake did I make posting that picture?
I PM'd why

Back
Top Bottom