***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Worst for me was the top of my shoulders where the bone is. I have 2 full sleeves, my back, front of my shin and top shoulders was easily the worst. Felt like someone pushing down with a hot piece of iron just digging in.

I am in the process of doing half leg (like 80% done) and the whole thing hurt pretty bad besides the back lower leg.

Does anyone know any reputable websites or places to research your family crest? Thinking of getting mine as a full back piece.

Yeah......I am realizing the leg is just not the business for me. I think at most I might get a tattoo on the inner thigh to sort of complete the thigh area but I am not going any lower than that or even behind.

Any artist in the Tampa, FL area? Moved from
NJ last year and feel like it’s been tough trying to find a new artist

I was told that Miami is like the hub for tattooing in Florida. I would just take a flight there and broaden your options outside of Tampa.

I got 75% of my back done and it wasn’t that bad at all, but I don’t have the tramp stamp area tattooed..Ankles to bottom the knee was kinda tricky but bearable..The chest hurt pretty damn bad..Sides of my neck absolutely sucked..But, by far, the worst pain was my head..I had 4.5 hours straight, from temple to temple going around the back of my head..I almost went out twice..It was excruciating..I don’t recommend it at all..

if you have low body fat everything hurts to an extent lol my forearms toward the elbow were the worst imo

any font recommendations for lettering?

how large of a piece (how many words) are you considering getting and where on your body?

for lettering, i've found it really helpful to hop on instragram and see an artist's script. some people just have such a saucy style that i would have never imagined it until i saw it. you no longer have to go to an actual tattoo shop to look at their photo book since they post most of their work on IG.

need some of your thoughts on this: i've been STRONGLY thinking about getting a tattoo on my hand for about the past year. i currently have two sleeves but my biggest apprehension is that hand work is nearly impossible to cover (if needed). i'm concerned that it may hinder job opportunities down the road due to preconceived notions about tattoos. i currently work in public education but I've been considering transitioning into the tech sector here in the bay area.

thanks in advance yall. should i decide to get it done, i'll definitely post photos.

Last edited:
how large of a piece (how many words) are you considering getting and where on your body?

for lettering, i've found it really helpful to hop on instragram and see an artist's script. some people just have such a saucy style that i would have never imagined it until i saw it. you no longer have to go to an actual tattoo shop to look at their photo book since they post most of their work on IG.

only one or two words, and wrirst area.

yeah been looking on ig, but most artists dont use the same font i feel like. seems they do what customer requests so just looking for ideas

How much does he charge? I will say, is lettering is super clean.
He’s out of Bang Bang so....$500 an hour :lol:

Is it worth that much? Nahhhhh but I’ve only seen a few people with as clean lettering as his. It took an hour for four words on my inner bicep. Most people use a large grouping of needles and the text ends up looking blocky. His use of smaller groups allows him to achieve the clean and crisp lines.

He outlined the letters first on mine, then went in and filled it in. Then he spent the final 10-15 minutes adding finishing details. Well worth it

$150hr to get a large blk/gry Jaws-esque shark above my knee on the front thigh. From there, I’m hoping to fill the rest below with other themes by the end of the year.

I’m sitting down tomorrow for 8hrs to start on my sleeve. Kinda need the pain in my life right now.

7F5D4C3B-2197-436D-BA60-9348B6CDF3EF.png

Worst for me was my leg sleeve. Still have one more shading session to go. We did the line work on the back of the knee, so I’ve got to sit for another 2 hours or so getting it finished up next month. Not looking forward to it at all.

Worst for me was my leg sleeve. Still have one more shading session to go. We did the line work on the back of the knee, so I’ve got to sit for another 2 hours or so getting it finished up next month. Not looking forward to it at all.

I stopped just under the knee in the front and back. Terrible feeling. My artist was telling me right before how bad his thigh piece hurt and then asks if I want to keep going and make mine go up to my thigh. Told him I’m good you just told me how bad the thigh was.

Upper chest area along the clavicles was a ***** but bearable once that euphoria kicked in. Really wanting to get more ink done

Ugh, I like feel the pain for you. I forget how many needles my guy used but he said he had a 50 needle shader. I could only imagine how that would feel behind the knee. Good luck.

Were the reactions to your visible tattoos, namely a sleeve, swift and immediate?

And not to even act like folks gaf, but the stares have definitely struck me as odd/funny... like people literally tilting their head to see what I have on my arm or just staring at my arm without ever making eye contact:lol:

I guess I better get used to it.

Were the reactions to your visible tattoos, namely a sleeve, swift and immediate?

And not to even act like folks gaf, but the stares have definitely struck me as odd/funny... like people literally tilting their head to see what I have on my arm or just staring at my arm without ever making eye contact:lol:

I guess I better get used to it.

What do you have on your arm?

I mean my lower arm has a Tibetan skull so I get odd looks all the time. Oddly my shoulders never show unless I am wearing a tank top which is rare. I mean I live in the Bay Area where a lot of people have sleeves so I don't think I get that many looks like the next guy but when it comes to work stuff, that is a different story. I just hate hearing the same ol' responses. "Aren't you afraid of what your skin is going to look like when you get older?" I think old skin is just old skin. Ain't no one trying to see me naked when I am old with ink or no ink.

Back
Top Bottom