***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

I really think your tattoo will only be effected if you went through a serious weight increase or decrease. Even if your specific body part got more sculpted, I don't think the tattoo would look that odd. Anyways, don't let that stop you from getting it now. Also factor in that regardless of now, your tattoo will look bad even from age as you skin gets more loose. It's inevitable.

The change in body type is somewhat dramatic. Like right now, I legitimately have a beer gut. But in 4-6 weeks, I'll have dropped 25-40 pounds and have a 6 pack 
laugh.gif

I'm trying not to exaggerate but my body does undergo tons of change every 3 to 4 months

But like the last thing you said, it will eventually look bad with age and tanning 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my first piece this weekend.

Left inner bicep :pimp:

Love the location. Pretty discreet in a sense its not easily seen and I love how it peaks out when wearing a short sleeve shirt.

Looking to get my family crest on my ribs in Aug/Sept, have my first consultation this week.

Don't know if I would get anything else after that. I've thought about the quote and crest for the past 5+ years

Forgot to post this. Getting my first tattoo covered with the same portrait, just executed better. Work is done by a fellow NT'er in Houston. Still have about 3 or 4 sessions left. About halfway done in this pic, 14 hours in

Last edited:
Every time, I have enough money saved up I end up blowing those funds on stupid ****.... like bills I forgot to pay or a night of drinking... 
mean.gif

need better discipline 
frown.gif

I have, however, decided to wait till I finish dropping these 30 pounds or so before getting my stomach done. I don't feel like taking 3-5 days off from the gym after all that hard work of getting cut up.

Man...getting all the good stuff man. That script looks ill. Had too look up the meaning of the word too cause I never heard of it before. That was even nice too.
Preciate it man!

Nothing is more important than the truth. He did the script first without the backdrop shading, I think it compliments it well actually. I woudve been satisfied with just the script, but I like it alot more with the backdrop. Once it heals it will be a lot better looking too.

soon as my tax money comes in, im headed straight to this spot called blackfish in midtown manhattan..quality work, and more

then reasonable prices...can't deal with hood tattoos dudes, they're good for lil pieces, nothing like a 1/2 sleeve though.

Good place in San Jose to get this:

(I'm getting it on my forearm. I'm trying to get it this Friday.)

Any famous really good artist that are easy to get a hold of? Don't care about being on a waiting list. I cant even get on a waiting list as is. I really want a Hannah Aitchison tat though. Especially since she is in Chicago when she ain't doing LA ink.

Had a chance to meet her but her secretary/bookkeeper/whatever they are called is a *****.

Just wanna plug my dude Dustin Yip outta the 562 in SoCal.

His online portfolio doesn't do him any justice, but his portraits are amazing.
Dustin Yip Portfolio

SKANVAS TATTOO
18171 Pioneer Blvd.
Artesia, CA 90701

Humble beginnings or state of grace. I don't know about a walk in. Maybe at humble you might get lucky.

Sounds like Humble is the best. I'm making an appointment on Friday and we'll go from there. Will post pics when it's done.

Dustin Yip Portfolio

SKANVAS TATTOO
18171 Pioneer Blvd.
Artesia, CA 90701

That's my cousin. How do you know him? I've put his stuff up here before. Dust is getting better with every piece. HIs talents have gotten so much better and am just proud he's doing something that he wants to do rather then someone like me that is just working to work. Seriously and this is no biased opinion, you guys in So Cal should go check him out. Good dude and you'd be happy to get a piece from him.

On another note, Everlasting Tattoo in SF just updated their site and changed a few artists. Two guys i've never seen are pretty sick:

Stefan Johnsson (http://stefanjohnsson.blogspot.com)

Ben Cheese

http://www.everlastingtattoo.com/#!ben-cheese/cyuu

Can't post pics cause the site is flash based. I am actually going to setup an appointment to finish my Tibetan skull with Luke Francis. Been a long time coming to finally get this done.

^

Tibetan skull?

Pretty much my 2nd tattoo. Got the flash from a book and let the artists run with it. I wanted it black and grey at the time but Luke does tattoos a different style and it looked incomplete even when done. I told him I would maybe come in to color it but liked it black and grey with the flowers as spot color. Only thing I wish I could take back was never getting purple cause it doesn't show up as well as the red did. Now I want it all color or at least the specific parts that should be colored. I am going to have him take away the empty fire spaces though. It kind of doesn't look right now.

Even got it on video. Fast forward to about 1:09 and it looks cool to see it all messy and then super clean after he wipes it.

Dustin Yip Portfolio

SKANVAS TATTOO
18171 Pioneer Blvd.
Artesia, CA 90701

That's my cousin. How do you know him? I've put his stuff up here before. Dust is getting better with every piece. HIs talents have gotten so much better and am just proud he's doing something that he wants to do rather then someone like me that is just working to work. Seriously and this is no biased opinion, you guys in So Cal should go check him out. Good dude and you'd be happy to get a piece from him.

Fong, I've known Dustin even before he started tattooing. We have the same mutual friends and kinda grew up together playing basketball. Love seeing him flourish right there. His name is traveling well through the area (and I'm sure outside of the area as well).

Real good dude.

I think my skin might be rejecting the ink used for my Japanese tattoo. The outline which was finished Dec. 2 is bubbling and I somehow scratched some off and those spots are bleeding. Might need to go to the artist to see whats going on.

Anyone go through this? I googled online and someone stated it would pass, just the body trying to reject the ink.

I really want to get my sleeves done but I am super skinny. I go to the gym these days. In a few years I expect to be somewhat big. If i get an intricate tat now i am afraid it will distort much.

I think my skin might be rejecting the ink used for my Japanese tattoo. The outline which was finished Dec. 2 is bubbling and I somehow scratched some off and those spots are bleeding. Might need to go to the artist to see whats going on.

Anyone go through this? I googled online and someone stated it would pass, just the body trying to reject the ink.

from december 2nd to march 2nd? thats a long *** time should have been completely healed after a month.

Forgot to post this. Getting my first tattoo covered with the same portrait, just executed better. Work is done by a fellow NT'er in Houston. Still have about 3 or 4 sessions left. About halfway done in this pic, 14 hours in

14 hours for this? where did u go? that sounds like way too much time for that piece

Back
Top Bottom