***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Are you light skinned or dark skinned? Color of tat? How many times total?

I will have to have a few done. No anasthesia. I saw in LA ink the girl had that option.

I am going to have to get a few tattoos removed too :frown: :smh:
Still well worth it to me

Damn, you kinda made it seem like getting them removed was no biggie. Your whole back? That seems like a lot of time and money taking them off. But hats off to you for taking action and not just living with something you dislike.

I have some tats back there that i did like but i got a huge piece that the artist ****** up relentlessly without a care. So i am removing the artist other piece, which happens to be on my back.

$400 a session for 6 to 10 sessions was my quoted price so yah it will be expensive. My pain tolerance from being sickle cell anemic is higher than most.

And it is NBD. This is my body. I deserve to be proud of it.

Just sharing an artist that I found online. Dude's art is right up my alley.

http://peterlagergren.se/wp/

bab-470x861.jpg
DSC_00221-470x795.jpg
Sk%C3%A4rmavbild-2013-02-26-kl.-08.07.33.png
IMG_4073-470x756.jpg
apeskrutt2-470x520.jpg
nordic-470x638.jpg
basilisk-470x668.jpg
kitzune1-470x555.jpg

Theres a koi fish on my chest going out towards my outer deltoid and another koi fish on my forearm. I should probably take pics of those tomorrow cause I just realized I never did lol.

^^^Those waves look sick. The inner forearm is interesting. Is that like some sort of lightening or cracks? Those colors are going to straight pop once they are done.

Theres a koi fish on my chest going out towards my outer deltoid and another koi fish on my forearm. I should probably take pics of those tomorrow cause I just realized I never did lol.

Oh nice, I remember seeing this pic lil while back. For some reason I just assumed there wasn't a koi but I guess it's just not pictured. What colors are you planning on doing? And I agree with Fongstarr, I can see the colors popping on this as well. Looking forward to seeing the finish product.

On a side note, I have not been able to stop thinking about my completion of my sleeve. With my consultation coming up in a week I've been thinking about it everyday. Hope I'm making the right decision lol.

Last edited:
I might do both koi's mainly black with yellow/red/orange highlights. What you guys think? Also thinking of maybe yellow..but I woudnt want both kois yellow nor would I want two different colors. Thats why im leaning on the black route...

Oh and Fong, thats a traditional rock design.

Last edited:
^^^^I get the black thing. Wasn't too into it untill I saw theses tattoo below that Yutaro did from Skull and Swords. That hint of spot color would be sick though.

f34c43dc8e4b11e29d4222000a9e0706_7.jpg
20a1aa8a759b11e2b9d422000a1fa429_7.jpg
fd63faf0511511e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg
7931388cce3e11e1b18c12313d051969_7.jpg
dfcf360a166611e28c3c22000a1fb85a_7.jpg

You guys know of any sites that would give good ratings on tattoo artists? I'm in Sacramento, CA by the way.

I had a consultation today for David Sena and Rodrigo Melo, went to David first and decided on him. 2 session with David versus 6 or 7 with Melo also helped me choose. Real cool dude and great space, also liked what I'm trying to do and explained what colors plus other ideas to go with it. When he asked me how did I find out about him I pointed to Mayimbe181 picture on the wall and said we are on a sneaker forum and said you pretty good. Can't wait till August.

^

Yeah thats the only thing about Rodrigo. He does short sessions but covers A LOT. His philosophy is not a lot of people can take that much pain, especially at the rate he goes at. Also its a lot of trauma to the skin to have such long sessions.

Either artist is an excellent choice, David Sena used to work in Rodrigo's shop before he got his own workplace.

Oh matter of fact almost forgot, this Saturday im finally going in for color with Rodrigo. Cant wait, will show you guys the update. I think im gonna go with a black koi with yellow highlights.

Last edited:
I had a consultation today for David Sena and Rodrigo Melo, went to David first and decided on him. 2 session with David versus 6 or 7 with Melo also helped me choose. Real cool dude and great space, also liked what I'm trying to do and explained what colors plus other ideas to go with it. When he asked me how did I find out about him I pointed to Mayimbe181 picture on the wall and said we are on a sneaker forum and said you pretty good. Can't wait till August.

^

Yeah thats the only thing about Rodrigo. He does short sessions but covers A LOT. His philosophy is not a lot of people can take that much pain, especially at the rate he goes at. Also its a lot of trauma to the skin to have such long sessions.

Either artist is an excellent choice, David Sena used to work in Rodrigo's shop before he got his own workplace.

Oh matter of fact almost forgot, this Saturday im finally going in for color with Rodrigo. Cant wait, will show you guys the update. I think im gonna go with a black koi with yellow highlights.
Mark right!? good to hear you found David and chose him. Melo did one of my feet and hes great but overall David Sena is my guy. His spot is huge and the interns are beautiful and great artists so its an overall great time to get tattooed at senaspace. Melo at northstar is a great artist and his staff is amazing. Go to the nyc tattoo convention in May, its an amazing event at Roseland ballroom

Last edited:
Mark right!? good to hear you found David and chose him. Melo did one of my feet and hes great but overall David Sena is my guy. His spot is huge and the interns are beautiful and great artists so its an overall great time to get tattooed at senaspace. Melo at northstar is a great artist and his staff is amazing. Go to the nyc tattoo convention in May, its an amazing event at Roseland ballroom

Yea, I'm Marck, hopefully my tattoo looks great as yours so I can get a poster up lol. As far as the beautiful interns, i'm more eager now to go back.

Just had my consultation with Marc from Slave to the Needle here in Seattle. Gonna extend my half sleeve to a full.

I was expecting a 5-6 month wait but they fit me in for the end of August. Can't wait.

I want to get my first tattoo soon. Any tips? How did you choose your first design, what did you end up getting, and where did you get it?

For everyone with upper arm half sleeves to chest pieces how many hours total did it take to complete and price of it?

^

Im at 12 hours, about $3000 into it, 2 more sessions so 16 hours in total, $4000.

Japanese full sleeve/chest panel @ $250/hr.

Back
Top Bottom