***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

How long that took you Hawaii? Looks dope. I got a question, do Polynesian artists feel a way if a non Polynesian person wants a traditional Polynesian tattoo?

I always wondered that too but I would imagine the only real race that would care are native Hawaiians. The people who tattoo them hardly care. That;s like denying a percentage of your customers. Would be foolish but who knows I guess. There could be strict tattoo artists that would only do it who have the blood.

But even in New Zealand that has poly culture, you'll see white looking guys with poly tats. Even look at Kaepernick. He got his done at Humble Beginnings in San Jose and I know for a fact that shop in general have been rifling poly tats to a lot of people that live in that city. I went to Great America out there and saw mexicans with poly tats.

Thanks for the input Fongstarr, I wanted to get a piece done when I go to Hawaii. I'm going to look into Humble Beginnings too.

Humble Beginnings is where i got mine done and im Filipino. There was a white guy right before my appt got his whole arm done.

Pretty much race/skin gets thrown out the door with any artist there. Its all about how your consultation goes.

there are certain symbols that non-polynesians should not get tatted. But as artists they knw that and will put their own spin on it

yvespo3 yvespo3

Last edited:
How long that took you Hawaii? Looks dope. I got a question, do Polynesian artists feel a way if a non Polynesian person wants a traditional Polynesian tattoo?

There are artists that feel like it's a sacred art. It is what it is though...

The way I see it, there is absolutely NO problem with spreading the culture and having others inspired by Polynesian art.

My friend got this. Saw it on my fb feed.

Last edited:
Really think this is dope. I want one just like this but a soccer player instead :pimp:

This sleeve is amazing btw

I'm ready for my other chest and ribs to be done, but I need to save up for that ****.

I always underestimate how big it ends up being :lol:

The snakes look fine in relation to the face of the girl.

They could look a little more "devilish" but they do look sinister enough to match the woman. If its not yet done, a little more detail would add a lot to it. The snakes on the other side look like straight up eels though.

Does anyone know what a bundle/bouquet of arrows means? I can find the meaning of a cross of arrows and a single arrow but not a bundle or bouquet

Got laced up last night with my Money cat beads. Kind of in the finishing stages of covering my body so all i have left is 1 armpit and the top of my head. Hopefully by Novemeber i'm done and finally can seal the deal on this 14 year process. The NYC Tattoo convention got pushed back to March 7,8,9 of this year for any of you interested it's the very last convention at the Roseland ballroom due to it being demolished later this year. My tattoo artist is David Sena at SENASPACE - David Sena - TATTOO - FIRE DRAWINGS and many of you over the years have gone and gotten work done by him and we both thank you for the positive feedback. our instagrams are ~~~> Instagram mayimbe181 & my artist ~~>Instagram senaspace he is looking for clients interested in starting backpieces so hit him up cause he's booked until about June July.

mayimbe181...insane man. Are you really going to do the top of your head? And if you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living?

Mayimbe181 you going to cut all that hair off? Are you sticking to the asian theme for your head tattoo? Does this mean you can be my supreme and sneaker connect since we have the same artist?? LoL

Sup NTatts?

I'm new to the game and about to get inked. I have darker skin (think Andrew Bynum complexion), Any tips on what to look out for/what questions to ask an artist or do you know of any artists in SoCal that specialize in darker skin. I want the work to stand out on my skin. Can anybody shed any light? Thanks guys.

Big art show going on in SF next week to people that are interested. A lot of the greats submitted some work to this show.

1191018898ec11e396ca123a32d64061_6.jpg

Sup NTatts?

I'm new to the game and about to get inked. I have darker skin (think Andrew Bynum complexion), Any tips on what to look out for/what questions to ask an artist or do you know of any artists in SoCal that specialize in darker skin. I want the work to stand out on my skin. Can anybody shed any light? Thanks guys.

Show them the concept. Ask around. When you find one you will definitely know that is him by the confidence and passion he has in his work. I have noticed that tattoo artist dont keep work on dark skin in their portfolio so you just have to gauge their response. Go to metropolitan areas since that is where the bulk of black people live (at least in my experience)

Be careful with small details. Black ink fades unevenly on black skin once it heals so the contrast won't be as much. Sometimes it will even blend together. Because of this avoid small details as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom