***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Have my appointment tmw. 4hr session which might spill over into a 2nd session for a couple of hrs.

We'll see..

Anyways, Ill surely update you guys on this tmw.

Finally had my first session for my 3/4 sleeve with Melo after 4 months of waiting.  
Sat for about 2hrs to get started on some outline and shading.  Only worked on the forearm and a little of the elbow and bicep area.  

Old ink will be covered up..  sorry for the ****** pics but the lotus flower and koi look to be coming out nicely.  Cant wait to continue this...

Looking good so far.

:wow: @ all that work in 2 hours

Classic Melo stuff. He works FAST.

Thanks again for all the info back in Oct man. Hopefully I'll get to sneak in on some cancellations in the next few months. Was really hoping for that before my first official session but I guess I wasn't high enough on the wait list.

Looking good so far.

:wow: @ all that work in 2 hours

Thanks bro! I'll post the progress pics here for y'all to check out.

Oh yeah I forgot we had that convo. He's probably super booked since social media has taken off.

Looks good though man, cant wait to see the progress. He remember me by any chance?

@Mr Fongstarr  thanks a lot man! You're exactly correct. It's a new age fu dog. I'm new to this tattoo thing. I didn't plan

on getting anything else on that arm. That could change. I need to get something else on my other arm.

Damn. When getting tattooed its the only time I wish I was lighter skinned (but not light skinned).

Does anyone have pics of the healed version of Wale's Malcom Tattoo? I have been interested in seeing how that would heal up (we are about on the same level of darkness) but can't find pics :nerd:

^^^^^^Here you go. A tad too big for my taste:

Even Nas got one:

^Dark skin people have no choice but to get giant tattoos if it has that much detail (something about how our skin heals) I've seen those pics. those were taken right after he got them done. I want to see how they look completely healed. Because my tats look amazing fresh and okay healed. Though all the portraits I would be getting (for now would be on the lightest part of my skin (forearm) where they look best.

I never really understood the whole "I want a tattoo but dont know what I want" thing. the way I see it is if you like something as some kind of art/portrait/painting/drawing that would make a great tattoo then you just need to figure out placement. most tattoos start from there. people now just want tattoos to say they have one. thats as bad as not shopping for the right artist and going to someone cheap
I assume you were talking about me, but I just had to ask :lol:

I'm thinking on getting an Elvish tattoo similar to what Fernando Torres and Sergio Aguero have

121207498.jpg

fernando-torres-tolkien_tattoo.jpg

Oh yeah I forgot we had that convo. He's probably super booked since social media has taken off.

Looks good though man, cant wait to see the progress. He remember me by any chance?

Yea he remembered you when I mentioned your name during the consult back in Oct.
how's your sleeve looking now that it's been healed and inked for a while?

What are you getting done? Lettering?

And just to note, if you can....always go and see your tattoo artist. I find that emails never gets the job done and they'll more than like work with someone more so in person then from an email.

I'm looking to get an ambigram done. I was emailing to try to set up a time to meet him in the shop. Is it usually better to just walk-in or call to set up an appointment?

I'm looking to get an ambigram done. I was emailing to try to set up a time to meet him in the shop. Is it usually better to just walk-in or call to set up an appointment?

Walk in with deposit ready for sure. I guess money talks with these guys and I don't blame them since most of their earnings are always cash. You'll get your name in their address books for sure that way.

Yea he remembered you when I mentioned your name during the consult back in Oct.
how's your sleeve looking now that it's been healed and inked for a while?
Dont have pics currently, but it looks good. The colors have settled down (not as vibrant and intense) and looks great. The "settled" ink looks great with Japanese tattoos.

I like that style.

The artsy/almost brush painting style tattoo. Very nice. It doesnt cater to everyone but its a style getting more popular. I would get something like that.

Any recommendations for the Bay Area? I remember you mentioned to look for someone with good line work just not sure how to go about searching. Thanks again.

How long that took you Hawaii? Looks dope. I got a question, do Polynesian artists feel a way if a non Polynesian person wants a traditional Polynesian tattoo?

Back
Top Bottom