Official tax refund thread vol. for the 2015 tax year

Is there a quick way to make changes to your taxes after they've been accepted by the IRS? It looks like I forgot to report my deferrals to my 401(k)  (box 12) and pretax transit and parking (box 14). It's about $3,500 combined. Would making the fix impact my refund negatively or positively?

Is there a quick way to make changes to your taxes after they've been accepted by the IRS? It looks like I forgot to report my deferrals to my 401(k)  (box 12) and pretax transit and parking (box 14). It's about $3,500 combined. Would making the fix impact my refund negatively or positively?

only way is to amend it, through paper filing only. It will positively impact it imo but it might take 6-8 weeks to receive your money if you make changes

Filed last week and I'm gonna stop checking the status, just gonna wake up one day and see money in my account

Yal's bank doesn't show you when you have a pending deposit?

I didn't check the IRS site a single time just waited for the pending deposit on my bank account to show up.

[emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji] shout out to all my February 10th DD recipients time to break the fam off with some bread and open up a savings account (IDK with who though)

Last edited:
Filed and got accepted last Monday(2/1), no movement this whole time

I checked my account just before and my Fed came in

NY btw

Anyone in here ever had to report an Employer to the IRS for not mailing W-2s lol?

Still haven't gotten mines and hit my old employer up about them. They give me the run around and talk about using my login to print them myself.

I quit the gig six months ago and they deactivated my -ish the next day so that's not gonna work
You sure they didn't send you an email telling you that it is available online?
I was told "you can access your W-2s by login into .... and printing them out yourself" when i tried to ask them where they sent my W-2s.

i updated all of my contact information before i sent my resignation letter but i'm 100% sure they sent my W-2s to the wrong address or just didn't send them at all. Any time I ask them specific questions they get deflected and I get a copy & pasted response.

I'm still in contact with former and current employees who've all got theirs in the first days of February.

I said **** it last week and tried login into the system to print them. Still waiting for them to respond to my password reset request :lol: this whole process has been beyond frustrating.

Last edited:
Got my fed today but turbo tax never told me they was taxing it. Didn't get full amount

Got my fed today but turbo tax never told me they was taxing it. Didn't get full amount

Got mine in as well I tracked it from the IRS I believe on Friday and they said it was arriving today but that they were going to take out a hunnid to offset what I owed from last year's taxes... did u owe IRS money too?

My Fed $$ hit my account today, just submitted a week ago. That was the quickest return I ever got. :smokin

Not touching it though, going into my quitting my job and traveling fund.

Yal's bank doesn't show you when you have a pending deposit?

I didn't check the IRS site a single time just waited for the pending deposit on my bank account to show up.
Mine does, I'm just gonna stop worrying about it and just be happily surprised with the deposit during my random balance checks during the month
[emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji] shout out to all my February 10th DD recipients time to break the fam off with some bread and open up a savings account (IDK with who though)
From my short research Capital One has a pretty high interest rate for savings accounts and I was planning on using them for mine

Going straight to carson city and staying at a brothel for a week. Taking a couple 8 balls and sizzur with me. Best 5k spent evaa

Money posted to my account this morning. 

Going to set that aside for this upcoming trip to ATL next month. Got my fraternity regional from March 31st to April 3rd. Had to pay $142 for the regional itself. Now I have to pay for a hotel room & set aside some money for them big bootay skrippas mayne. #SupportSingleMothersOnThePoleCampaign

Back
Top Bottom