Official TMNT thread, return of the classic giant figures

I'm easily amused and my bar is set pretty low? :lol: care to tell me anything else about myself?

I went into the movie with no expectations and with an open mind and enjoyed it, not much more to it. I grew up with the turtles but I was never some huge ninja turtles nerd, so I'm not gonna be overly critical about the new movie like you are. cry about it all you want for all i care:lol: my point was that not all people feel like you do, and that negative opinions shouldn't deter others from going to see the movie and forming their own opinion about it.

nobody here is saying this movie was amazing, most have been saying that was a good, solid movie. does it have it's problems and plot holes? sure, but like others have pointed out, so did the og movies.

and i'm not knocking you (or anyone else for that matter) for your superior movie watching standards. just like there are people that are gonna love the movie no matter what and just because it's tmnt, there are gonna be other "revisionists" that will swear the og movies were the greatest thing ever and that will dissect every possible negative thing they can about the new movie
um lol u did in the last page.....lol no one uses the word dope to describe something that is solid or ok..... Who says that i mean really. And considering the movies was meh... and you found it to be amazing and dope.... again your words on the other page shows the bar as far as entertainment and acting is low.

Again i dare anyone to show me one instance to which megan fox acting would be categorized was dope.... good or great? i dont have some rootie tootie snobby choices in movies... (hell ive watched all of the fast and furious series) but for a movie called TMNT and i cannot stress this enough... the movie/story should revolve around them and not side characters and complementary characters.

What other movie in recent years can you name where the main character(s) the premise of the movie is an afterthought and second to cameo and sidekicks? Especially when the subject matter is the title of the movie. 

And if anyone says the og movie is without flaws clearly they are a fanboy.... I mean i have seen ppl on here say that part 2/3 were great on some all-time status. I mean super shredder was killed with the bass blast of concert speakers for crying out loud. And ill give you keno was bad... so keno/megan fox is a wash.

I stated before i thought the movie was a solid 6/6.5 and in terms of comic movies etc... imho i think it might be this years weakest output. And as good as the cgi action scenes were, there clearly werent enough of them... Also i hated how they forced feed corny one-liners in movie defining scenes. That and the superbowl halftime commercial for pizza hut.

That i dont care what anyone says.... that pizza in the movies was not no damn pizza hut! I just refuse to believe it was.... 

MEGAN FOX IS NOT A GREAT ACTOR BUT TO BE HONEST, I CAN ONLY NAME A HANDFUL OF MOVIES/ACTORS THAT I CONSIDER GREAT.

GREAT ACTING/ACTORS IS AN ANOMLY, DEF NOT THE NORM.

MEGAN FOX IS NOT A GREAT ACTOR BUT TO BE HONEST, I CAN ONLY NAME A HANDFUL OF MOVIES/ACTORS THAT I CONSIDER GREAT.

GREAT ACTING/ACTORS IS AN ANOMLY, DEF NOT THE NORM.
true thats why i said decent.... i cant even think off anything she was um ok in. even kate upton showed better chops in the other women. 

um lol u did in the last page.....lol no one uses the word dope to describe something that is solid or ok..... Who says that i mean really. And considering the movies was meh... and you found it to be amazing and dope.... again your words on the other page shows the bar as far as entertainment and acting is low.

Again i dare anyone to show me one instance to which megan fox acting would be categorized was dope.... good or great? i dont have some rootie tootie snobby choices in movies... (hell ive watched all of the fast and furious series) but for a movie called TMNT and i cannot stress this enough... the movie/story should revolve around them and not side characters and complementary characters.

What other movie in recent years can you name where the main character(s) the premise of the movie is an afterthought and second to cameo and sidekicks? Especially when the subject matter is the title of the movie. 

And if anyone says the og movie is without flaws clearly they are a fanboy.... I mean i have seen ppl on here say that part 2/3 were great on some all-time status. I mean super shredder was killed with the bass blast of concert speakers for crying out loud. And ill give you keno was bad... so keno/megan fox is a wash.

I stated before i thought the movie was a solid 6/6.5 and in terms of comic movies etc... imho i think it might be this years weakest output. And as good as the cgi action scenes were, there clearly werent enough of them... Also i hated how they forced feed corny one-liners in movie defining scenes. That and the superbowl halftime commercial for pizza hut.

That i dont care what anyone says.... that pizza in the movies was not no damn pizza hut! I just refuse to believe it was.... 

learn to read before you go around throwing accusations. i never said anything was amazing in this thread. i did call it dope, but dope does not mean amazing. it means what i wanted it to mean, which in this case was good/solid, and I'm not first or last to use that word in such a manner. i can listen to a song and call it dope, that doesn't mean that it's the greatest song this year.
i never spoke about megan fox, so for your to link me calling the movie as a whole dope to somehow calling her and her acting dope is beyond silly. yes her acting is mediocre, yes they tried to shove her in your face as much as possible... this is nothing that nobody has argued against.

learn to read before you go around throwing accusations. i never said anything was amazing in this thread. i did call it dope, but dope does not mean amazing. it means what i wanted it to mean, which in this case was good/solid, and I'm not first or last to use that word in such a manner. i can listen to a song and call it dope, that doesn't mean that it's the greatest song this year.
i never spoke about megan fox, so for your to link me calling the movie as a whole dope to somehow calling her and her acting dope is beyond silly. yes her acting is mediocre, yes they tried to shove her in your face as much as possible... this is nothing that nobody has argued against.
oh ok so now ppl can just take words and despite the universal meaning of them...we can just say hell with that, a word means what i want it to mean and everyone should know this and follow suit lol. Sorry i was going by what the term "dope" mean. I had no clue to your revised exclusively to you meaning of the word. 

Again no one says the word dope to mean ok solid... aka man those are some dope @ZZ shoes..... it is universally recognize that if a person saying that doesnt mean oh the shoes are cool ok... lol or alright. I mean it seems you was just fresh offa the tmnt high of just seeing the movie and realized that it was ok and before hand was overzealous and used the word dope. 

oh ok so now ppl can just take words and despite the universal meaning of them...we can just say hell with that, a word means what i want it to mean and everyone should know this and follow suit lol. Sorry i was going by what the term "dope" mean. I had no clue to your revised exclusively to you meaning of the word. 

Again no one says the word dope to mean ok solid... aka man those are some dope @ZZ shoes..... it is universally recognize that if a person saying that doesnt mean oh the shoes are cool ok... lol or alright. I mean it seems you was just fresh offa the tmnt high of just seeing the movie and realized that it was ok and before hand was overzealous and used the word dope. 

you're trying waaay too hard in this thread. i can give the word which ever meaning i want just like you can spin it to have it mean amazing, even though i never actually used the word amazing. there is no universal meaning for that word. i can call it dope, i can call it nice, sick, w/e. they're all terms that mean different things to different people.
also, notice how you added "@ZZ" at the end of the word dope. that gives it a completely different meaning. if dope really means amazing like you say it does, then why add @ZZ at the end of it? shouldn't dope be sufficient enough to describe the shoes looking amazing?
if i had come in and called the movie dope af or a dope @ZZ movie... then that would've been a different story. but i didn't, I called it dope, and it's still dope.

movie video games are a thing of the past. They take too long to
they made a new tmnt game to coincide with the movie, 3ds only though, so I wouldn't count it. Sucks that movie games don't happen anymore, even if most of them suck. An avengers game would have been copped. Turtles for xbone would have been also, regardless of ratings

you're trying waaay too hard in this thread. i can give the word which ever meaning i want just like you can spin it to have it mean amazing, even though i never actually used the word amazing. there is no universal meaning for that word. i can call it dope, i can call it nice, sick, w/e. they're all terms that mean different things to different people.
also, notice how you added "@ZZ" at the end of the word dope. that gives it a completely different meaning. if dope really means amazing like you say it does, then why add @ZZ at the end of it? shouldn't dope be sufficient enough to describe the shoes looking amazing?
if i had come in and called the movie dope af or a dope @ZZ movie... then that would've been a different story. but i didn't, I called it dope, and it's still dope.
ps... in the dictionary the word dope as a adjective/slang means excellent and or awesome btw..... and not only that its the general term used universally by most ppl. How am i trying to hard you used a word that has a definition and said the hell with what the word means.. i use it in my own way based on what i want it to mean in my head... and ppl on a message board who are reading what you are saying and suppose to automatically know you (who we dont know) uses a word/term in a different way and have given it your own personal meaning. 

This is NIKEtalk not PSYCHICtalk..... how the hell is someone suppose to know what you meant in your head... especially when your giving meaning to something based on what you want it to mean. Its not like we/ppl can see your mouth hear your emotions etc... thru words. 

Im the last one to suggest ppl come in here and write literary works of arts with each and every post, put to take commonly used words and say hell with it imma make it mean what i want it to mean and ppl should just know based off ..... (i guess the font size, iuno) doesnt exactly work that way

ps... in the dictionary the word dope as a adjective/slang means excellent and or awesome btw..... and not only that its the general term used universally by most ppl. How am i trying to hard you used a word that has a definition and said the hell with what the word means.. i use it in my own way based on what i want it to mean in my head... and ppl on a message board who are reading what you are saying and suppose to automatically know you (who we dont know) uses a word/term in a different way and have given it your own personal meaning. 

This is NIKEtalk not PSYCHICtalk..... how the hell is someone suppose to know what you meant in your head... especially when your giving meaning to something based on what you want it to mean. Its not like we/ppl can see your mouth hear your emotions etc... thru words. 

Im the last one to suggest ppl come in here and write literary works of arts with each and every post, put to take commonly used words and say hell with it imma make it mean what i want it to mean and ppl should just know based off ..... (i guess the font size, iuno) doesnt exactly work that way

it's really not that complicated...
dope is a generalized term of approval, ultimately it means that you liked/enjoyed something. i enjoyed this movie. simple as that.
i didn't say the hell with the word and used it the way i wanted in my head :lol: other people in this very thread used it exactly the same way i did. except YOU decided to exaggerate its meaning and go as far as to literally put words in my mouth by claiming that I said it was amazing just to better suit your argument. to some people, dope means nice, not amazing, just nice. if you can't accept that then that's on you, it doesn't change the fact that people use it in other ways other than it's dictionary definition. this is slang we're talking about here :lol:
anyway, I'm done arguing semantics. the thread has been derailed enough as is.

Yo movie was pretty dope. At least deserve 50% on RT

Whatever story line. Well nothing there.
Movie went by fast. Really was like Transformers :lol: honestly probably would have been better if Bay directed it. His movies have no substance, but you're at least entertained.

Wish it was a bit longer, as I said movie was fast, met April with 20 mins, new each other and origins with 30, captured at 40, snow scene at 1:10 and showdown at with 90 mins.

Wish the turtles were given a way more big background story. like why Donny was interested in tech, source of Raphs anger (explained at the end) and how Leo became the Leader.

Splinter was awesome. Way more screen time needed.

Pros: good action sequences, comedy relief, quick to the point movie

Cons: CGI was a lil botchy, condensed movie as hell, April was always at the right place, right time. Story was terribly generic. Guy trying to get rich. Shredder was more of just the muscle.

Cool summer flick, nothing to brag about. No coherent story. But I don't go into these types of movies expecting some masterpiece.

dope intro remake.

shame how with certain franchises the core fans feel the need to take creative control into their own hands bc the "industry" ineveitably F's things up.

another fan made reiteration of tmnt in comic form. would LOVE to see a movie based on this:

http://www.dawnoftheninja.com/Reader

i've posted it before, some may not have seen it tho.

dope intro remake.

shame how with certain franchises the core fans feel the need to take creative control into their own hands bc the "industry" ineveitably F's things up.

another fan made reiteration of tmnt in comic form. would LOVE to see a movie based on this:

http://www.dawnoftheninja.com/Reader

i've posted it before, some may not have seen it tho.

PRETTY GOOD COMIC. LOTS OF DETAIL BUT THE ART STYLE ITSELF IS HORRENDOUS

PRETTY GOOD COMIC. LOTS OF DETAIL BUT THE ART STYLE ITSELF IS HORRENDOUS
im surprise someone hasnt did a lego rendition of the movie yet... It seems like every big movie someone on youtube makes some short movie lego style. Its like evn if a movie sucks etc... for some reason it just seems that much cooler in lego form.

the illustrations fit the mood of the story.

gritty & dark.

look a helluva lot better than than do in that damn movie. that aint even up for debate...

The remade intro is too stiff. The 80's intro to this day is still beyond classic. Neck and neck with the thundercats a intro

Overall I was surprised at this movie....

Had minimal gripes like:

Splinter not being a pet of Shredders rival,learning how to be a ninja from a book, and Shredder having mecha armor

Other than those things the movie wasn't bad at all, if you are a hardcore fan that would be upset that the movie doesn't copy the story 100% of the comic or old movies/tv shows this isn't for you.

If you are somebody looking for action with giant 6 foot turtles and some comedic moments and some easter eggs to the old stuff then you will be happy with this movie.

I really don't understand the low rating on rotten tomatoes this movie wasn't that trash... :lol:

actually liked the movie

nephews said they like the big turtles better and they fight better

donnie sounded like a lesbian but it's all good

TMNT 2 is gonna do some work at the box office in 2016 :smokin

word :smokin

Saw the movie. Could have been a lot better but overall, happy to see the crew on the silver screen again. Also Ralphs speak at the end is great if you put it in context of the whole TMNT mythos. BTW The Loyal Subjects TMNT figures are out https://www.theloyalsubjects.com/store/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles

*Raph hit the feels man....

them loyal subjets are niiiiice i want Mikey but theyre blind boxes...... smh

Back
Top Bottom