Official TMNT thread, return of the classic giant figures

^ I actually agree with a lot of their points. and their idea of how the movie should of ended would have been awesome.

just watched that screen junkies vid 2 posts up and i couldnt agree more.

movie really sucked the big 1.

sorry, but i just cant say it enough

Didnt have high expectations going into it. Wasnt bad, but i didnt love it. The original was way better. Didnt like the voices, except for Mikey. Megan looked fine as hell, but was on screen to much. Didnt like the acting choices for Saks or the male reporter. Didnt like how Splinter looked. Shredder was too massive and robot- like. It was alright.

Loved the movie... But that ending they mentioned woulda been crack. Two gripes were a out of time megan fox was showed and shreddartron

4qWcnleOk2UuRA7ZuVMLC-JldbziYnaVY5V6eujvkQ90v1U4IsJzxUz_AIJnDmjKbm3OfMBZyGjxaB44bmzHIe2OrWzKJFqJr-ttwb8qil6Z5jOdQ89qbwWwX02dXuQVsMAY1wxt5XMPvk04dA3Xh8u2Gvvi21p0rTL9CNo=s0-d-e1-ft

God those x's are fire and I dont even like Jordan's anymore

The TMNT was one of those cartoons I loved as a kid, but if asked me to describe an episode I'd have no idea where to start. So when it comes to taking liberties with the origin, I really have no issue with it.

The movie started off slow, but the pacing afterwards was really good. I usually don't like long action sequences that lead to the third act (see: Man of Steel, Transformers 3) but in this film it worked. Megan Fox was actually decent in this, and I liked her as much as Judith Hoag in the original 90's film. Action scenes were solid, but I'm still not a huge fan of the "look" of the turtles. Splinter's actions scenes were very well done, but again, really didn't like his look.

Biggest gripe about the film is how they tried to really tie in the origin to all the characters in the film. IMO, it wasn't necessary, and it was just too "convenient".

In short, kids are gonna love it, and even the most skeptic 80's babies will have a good time. At an hour and forty munutes, it's just the aright running time. Can't believe I'm saying this, but looking forward to a sequel. Bring on Casey Jones and Krang!

Although I'm a fan of Casey if hate to see the turtles play 2nd fiddle to yet another human character. I want a TURTLES movie. I do to just want them in the action scenes, I wanna just see them "live" so to speak.

The scenes they showed that were cool but It was just for such a short period of time. This was truly Megan fox and her amazing turtle friends the movie.

Last edited:
And more oraku saki was/is needed

That scene where he beat up dude while being tied down :wow: we needed more of that in the movie

Last edited:
And more oraku saki was/is needed

That scene where he beat up dude while being tied down :wow: we needed more of that in the movie
YES! You can tell they wanted sacks to be shredder 100% and added TWO scenes (the one you mentioned and when April took out sacks) and changed it.

BUT, seeing how he really has no purpose of being there because he had no relation to splinter, the turtles, or the mutagen, I can see how he wouldn't be a bid deal to develop. Heck, I don't even know if shredder led the foot clan or not to be honest. He was reduced to Sack's henchmen :smh:

Last edited:
YES! You can tell they wanted sacks to be shredder 100% and added TWO scenes (the one you mentioned and when April took out sacks) and changed it.

BUT, seeing how he really has no purpose of being there because he was no relation to splinter, the turtles, or the mutagen, I can see how he wouldn't be a bid deal to develop. Heck, I don't even know if shredder led the foot clan or not to be honest. He was reduced to Sack's henchmen
mean.gif
yeea that was sad to see, but dude who played him and the scene they made totally made him look like a BAD@%$ which is exciting if they develop his actor more in the second one and bring in krang or han and the purple dragons (a way to intro bebop and rocksteady)

yeea that was sad to see, but dude who played him and the scene they made totally made him look like a BAD@%$ which is exciting if they develop his actor more in the second one and bring in krang or han and the purple dragons (a way to intro bebop and rocksteady)

Man if they took tmnt 2 and some how cgi'd bebop and rock over toka and razar I'd watch it :lol:

They really just need to focus on the turtles and the foot or shredder or whoever the protagonist is (are). No more worthless human characters. Nobody cares about them :lol:

Most def need more of the original cartoon cast in the sequel, Esp bebop n rock, krang, Baxter, and what about usagi yojimbo

movie wasn't bad at all brought my son and daughter and they enjoyed it

they were definitely more hyped about the trailer for the new sponge bob movie tho :lol:

Went to Comic Con yesterday and finally got my hands on a Revoltech Mikey. Picked up a few other TMNT items as well. :smokin

https://www.dropbox.com/s/42cw11sbr36qd6g/Photo Oct 11, 11 08 56 PM.jpg?dl=0 Revoltech Mikey :smokin
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nd7eldmovteh3kv/Photo Oct 11, 11 24 27 PM.jpg?dl=0 Kidrobot Mikey keychain :smokin
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nz0mlqg4fiq7w65/Photo Oct 11, 11 25 42 PM.jpg?dl=0 Funko Mystery Minis Casey Jones :smokin
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tziqnc0v0bovzii/Photo Oct 11, 11 23 07 PM.jpg?dl=0 Awesome Mikey shirt I found. Forgot the vendors name.. :smokin

alleyzonjay alleyzonjay tmnt revoltech worth the price?

I got the raph and group tee exactly like that. Bought them off shirtpunch.com last yr I think

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom