Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

just get the $199 premium price point. there's a bunch on sale as well. got a new pair for $99 in chocolate and green suede.

several colors at $129 and $149 too at footlockers and champs. just make sure the original retail price was $199-$220

the basic model is ok too but the premium's way more comfy.

there's a fleece lined version of the classic wheat for $150 at the bay i think for those cold winter days

was gonna cop the fleece ones on the bay but they actually for women lol. They pretty hard to find for men at least on the internet

Slightly off topic but anyone been to Europe lately?
Dropping by southern parts of Italy, France and Spain and I am wondering how big of a luggage to bring for shoes

Thanks!

I was in Sweden and Denmark in early October and in Spain in early July. All three countries had a lot of UB (caged and uncaged) and NMD stock, except for triple white UBs, which were prettty much only available in women's sizes. I did manage to find a pair triple white UB in my size 10.5 in Sweden. I also completed my Olympic UB pack as I found both the gold and silver, having only lucked out in picking up bronze when it released in Canada. For air Jordan's, some European exclusives were still sitting like the aj2 quai 54, and the aj5 black metallic was readily available. But don't expect any hyped aj1 releases to be sitting.

Also note that if your gone for more than 48hrs your duty free allowance is $800 so you should factor that in to your purchases.

Slightly off topic but anyone been to Europe lately?
Dropping by southern parts of Italy, France and Spain and I am wondering how big of a luggage to bring for shoes

Thanks!
I forgot to also mention as a piece of unsolicited buying advice. Be sure to get back the taxes (VAT) that you pay on your shoes at the airport in the last EU country you are leaving before coming back to Canada. You have to remember to ask the retailer you are buying your shoes from to give you both the receipt and the VAT refund form (it might be an actual form or an addition to the reciept. You can't get the refund if you dont get the VAT refund form. Then at the airport go to "Global Blue" counter (i think its the same across the EU) to get your refund. Because Europe is expensive and our CDN dollar is a piece of crap, its very worthwhile to get your tax back. With my recent european UB purchases, i essentially paid Canadian retail if you consider the tax refund I got. Without the refund, the price I paid was bordering on resale prices. Happy shopping!

Didn't know that. So what's the point of the whole launches thing.
I think its more to just show that they did a launch because they're actually supposed to. OneBlockDown does the same nonsense. Hate places like this.

So they seem legitimate. But they don't combat any Bot activity and by the time the countdown reaches zero, bots will have backdoored the site and purchased pairs.
Ok so when it first launched you got an email link and it was impossible but now it's a straight up raffle so I don't understand how bots use that. Are more names drawn than products so even if you're drawn you aren't guaranteed it?

I forgot to also mention as a piece of unsolicited buying advice. Be sure to get back the taxes (VAT) that you pay on your shoes at the airport in the last EU country you are leaving before coming back to Canada. You have to remember to ask the retailer you are buying your shoes from to give you both the receipt and the VAT refund form (it might be an actual form or an addition to the reciept. You can't get the refund if you dont get the VAT refund form. Then at the airport go to "Global Blue" counter (i think its the same across the EU) to get your refund. Because Europe is expensive and our CDN dollar is a piece of crap, its very worthwhile to get your tax back. With my recent european UB purchases, i essentially paid Canadian retail if you consider the tax refund I got. Without the refund, the price I paid was bordering on resale prices. Happy shopping!
Yeah there's a high end outlet mall in England called Bicester Village that has a whole store just for the returns. They process it on the spot. Makes me mad as i'm not eligible.
mad.gif

Oh I did not know they changed the system. That's my mistake. But yeah people who have no lives will make a ton of fake accounts and enter.

Seems like no one bought the olive UB to wear today lol.....seeing alot of resale ads on kijiji and facebook all to make like $40 bucks

Prices will come back down.......don't see the value of people reselling these as there are so many different options and color ways coming out....

And knowing adidas it will restock.......stay patient if ppl are looking for pairs....

Just got back from Paris  -- I didn't spend much time looking for sneakers (and I'm not into the UB hype) - but noticed a few spots in Paris had random pairs of NMDs and UBs.  IIRC, some sports were selling UBs for €180 (which is about $270 CAD) -- which is ~$10 more than Canadian retail with tax.  So I guess you would save some more with the VAT refund as mentioned before.

You could always pack a duffel bag in your suitcase and bring back your clothes in the duffel and more fragile items in the suitcase.  Used to do this on my trips to NYC back in the day.

Bit off-topic -- but I really don't think there's a point anymore to 'travel sneakerhunt' -- with everything available online now (e-tailers and resellers), nothing really being 'regional exclusives' and global demand being pretty consistent.  Always fun to check out some boutiques -- but I do it more to check out the shop and most boutiques are in interesting areas with good eats and/or shops the lady wants to check out.  The most interesting shops IMO were random clearance shoe joints that had old sneakers from 3 - 5 years ago that I found randomly (sorry - don't remember the names or locations).  Just saying -- don't focus too much on shopping -- enjoy the sights and spend your money on eats and drinks.  Just my $0.02. 
smile.gif

It's so sad when they are a huge GR in the States/Europe. Resellers destroy the Adidas game in Toronto.
I wouldn't sweat it I was talking to an employee at 1 champs they said they have the onyx and olive UB in stock but he said he wasn't sure when they'll release who knows today, tomorrow or coulve been yesterday but these kijiji ad will slowly decrease I'm jus waiting till the hype dies down and get it under retail lol anywayz pm me for the undisclosed location

Maybe for regular goods you aren't saving a lot of money cause when I bought my LV backpack and couple of other luxury goods over in France it was a lot cheaper than here.

If anyone who had their F&F pass disappear in their nike+ app, check your inbox again. I just got mine again. And quickly screen shot it this time just incase lol

Back
Top Bottom