Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Just got back from Paris  -- I didn't spend much time looking for sneakers (and I'm not into the UB hype) - but noticed a few spots in Paris had random pairs of NMDs and UBs.  IIRC, some sports were selling UBs for €180 (which is about $270 CAD) -- which is ~$10 more than Canadian retail with tax.  So I guess you would save some more with the VAT refund as mentioned before.

You could always pack a duffel bag in your suitcase and bring back your clothes in the duffel and more fragile items in the suitcase.  Used to do this on my trips to NYC back in the day.

Bit off-topic -- but I really don't think there's a point anymore to 'travel sneakerhunt' -- with everything available online now (e-tailers and resellers), nothing really being 'regional exclusives' and global demand being pretty consistent.  Always fun to check out some boutiques -- but I do it more to check out the shop and most boutiques are in interesting areas with good eats and/or shops the lady wants to check out.  The most interesting shops IMO were random clearance shoe joints that had old sneakers from 3 - 5 years ago that I found randomly (sorry - don't remember the names or locations).  Just saying -- don't focus too much on shopping -- enjoy the sights and spend your money on eats and drinks.  Just my $0.02. :smile:

Makes sense. I am heading there cause it is my wife's first time in Italy so I figure to add some spots here and there on our itinerary.
I stopped collecting after the AJ23 and just recently got back into it.
So my collection is a lot of shoes from mid 90s to mid 2000s and then 2016 onwards hah
Just wanted to know what the scene was like again

Thanks!

So no calls yet...? For mens sizes? Or is there so little stock that they're gonna do it all tomorrow?

Last edited:
One more piece of advice -- especially for travellers and those that buy from US/EU retailers - get a Chase Amazon.ca Visa:

Amazon product ASIN B00AFGCPZ2
There's no foreign currency transaction fees (most CCs and Paypal charge around 2.5% for all conversions), no-fee credit card, get 1% CB and you get $20 GC for Amazon.ca.

Usually ends up saving me a few bucks when paying for items charged in USD.  If you're paying via PayPal -- make sure you modify your options so that it charges the Amazon.ca Visa in USD (so the CC does the conversion for you), rather than letting PayPal do the USD/CAD conversion (where they charge you for the conversion).

For travellers, the foreign exchange is based off Visa daily conversion rate - so it's really close to market rate (i.e. on xe.com) and would easily beat any rate that a currency converter or a bank would charge you -- plus you don't need to carry so much cash.  It's awesome when travelling -- I just put everything on the card and know I'm not getting extra screwed on an already poorly performing CAD.

One more piece of advice -- especially for travellers and those that buy from US/EU retailers - get a Chase Amazon.ca Visa:
https://www.amazon.ca/Amazon-ca-Rewards-Visa-Card-Chase/dp/B00AFGCPZ2/

There's no foreign currency transaction fees (most CCs and Paypal charge around 2.5% for all conversions), no-fee credit card, get 1% CB and you get $20 GC for Amazon.ca.

Usually ends up saving me a few bucks when paying for items charged in USD.  If you're paying via PayPal -- make sure you modify your options so that it charges the Amazon.ca Visa in USD (so the CC does the conversion for you), rather than letting PayPal do the USD/CAD conversion (where they charge you for the conversion).

For travellers, the foreign exchange is based off Visa daily conversion rate - so it's really close to market rate (i.e. on xe.com) and would easily beat any rate that a currency converter or a bank would charge you -- plus you don't need to carry so much cash.  It's awesome when travelling -- I just put everything on the card and know I'm not getting extra screwed on an already poorly performing CAD.

+1

You can also take it one step further and put yourself in a credit position with the card and withdraw cash from an ATM to save 2.5%.
So I overpay my credit card by $1,000 since interest is charged by the day and withdraw $1,000 cad converted in the other country to save ~$20-$25 depending if the bank charges for ATM withdrawal. This is also convenient cause I do not need to hold that much cash when flying.

Seems like no one bought the olive UB to wear today lol.....seeing alot of resale ads on kijiji and facebook all to make like $40 bucks

Pretty much.

It's so sad when they are a huge GR in the States/Europe. Resellers destroy the Adidas game in Toronto.

This too. With the rise of adidas the past two years and the crumbs we get in Toronto (Canada) as far as stock goes, amateur resellers are buying up and throwing on Kijiji etc. :smh:

anyone ever get an email from Nike saying your order had been delivered yet you received nothing? i'm hoping that it's just premature

anyone ever get an email from Nike saying your order had been delivered yet you received nothing? i'm hoping that it's just premature

Yeah. Even when I track my packages, it'll say delivered. They are always at my neighbours place

Yeah. Even when I track my packages, it'll say delivered. They are always at my neighbours place
They actually deliver it to your neighbours? come to think of it I think this may of happened before and i'm worrying for no reason

Seems like no one bought the olive UB to wear today lol.....seeing alot of resale ads on kijiji and facebook all to make like $40 bucks
Judging from this picture alone with students, and a line just to purchase a "GR" for UBs, just give it a month and sizes will pop back in store cause of returns.....
There goes the other sizes 
frown.gif
 , but nice W, grats!

Last edited:
Anyone know what Lowry is wearing tonight vs the Wizards. Looks like a Lillard, but I'm guessing it has to be some kind of PE??

Yeah I believe they go in order so that's a L for me. Congrats Bro!

Thanks man! In contrast to the good news of me winning the raffle I just got off customer chat and it looks like Canada Post delivered my package to either my neighbor or someone else. They have no clue and the person even signed for it. Smh seriously pissed right now, I guess I can kiss those greedy prestos goodbye after trying to cart them for an hour and a half. They're going to open an investigation and I gotta call Canada Post tomorrow but I doubt anything will come of it

Have a size 9 olive ultra boost looking to trade for an 8.5. Also core black 2.0 ultra boost trade for same size, willing to let go for retail if I can't find someone to swap.

Thanks man! In contrast to the good news of me winning the raffle I just got off customer chat and it looks like Canada Post delivered my package to either my neighbor or someone else. They have no clue and the person even signed for it. Smh seriously pissed right now, I guess I can kiss those greedy prestos goodbye after trying to cart them for an hour and a half. They're going to open an investigation and I gotta call Canada Post tomorrow but I doubt anything will come of it
You can only hope that whoever signed for your package sends it back, or the investigation actually does something worthwhile. I hope it all works out for you.

Back
Top Bottom