Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Well they're confirmed now

This whole one day raffle BS is ridiculous at Foot Stores. Entering for the Belugas was much easier because it was two days long. Hardly any lineups at all during the day. Really pissed as this is the colourway I really wanted.

I asked them that as well just now. He's like how he doesn't wanna do two day raffles and that Yonge is gonna have to do another day for starting early.
i asked the girl as well and she told me it was only for today at Yonge street Champs but that was probably a bit before you asked The Rise of Taj.  Not sure if its only gonna be one day but best to sign up today before the craziness tomorrow

This whole one day raffle BS is ridiculous at Foot Stores. Entering for the Belugas was much easier because it was two days long. Hardly any lineups at all during the day. Really pissed as this is the colourway I really wanted.
Honestly I'm convinced at this point that they intentionally just want to inconvenience people and discourage people from trying to enter. This one day raffle nonsense is a disaster for customers as well as retailers. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. Well it worked on me, I'm not standing in a lineup for these raffles. 

Honestly I'm convinced at this point that they intentionally just want to inconvenience people and discourage people from trying to enter. This one day raffle nonsense is a disaster for customers as well as retailers. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. Well it worked on me, I'm not standing in a lineup for these raffles. 
I hear ya man. I think raffles are better than camping, but it's crazy we now live in a world where people are lining up for raffles. I remember one of my friends lined up for like 2hrs earlier this year at FL Yorkdale. They need to seriously consider using an app or online ballot. Saves everyone time, including employees.

Last edited:

I hear ya man. I think raffles are better than camping, but it's crazy we now live in a world where people are lining up for raffles. I remember one of my friends lined up for like 2hrs earlier this year at FL Yorkdale. They need to seriously consider using an app or online ballot. Saves everyone time, including employees.
they should bring back the old school pre orders they used to do at Foot Lockers before 2012.  Those worked well, no issues/fuss.  Go into the store early enough and pay for your shoes and then pick them up on release day.

they should bring back the old school pre orders they used to do at Foot Lockers before 2012.  Those worked well, no issues/fuss.  Go into the store early enough and pay for your shoes and then pick them up on release day.
how does that solve anything? with a limited release people will line up for those too.... like really that's your solution? lol smh

Yeah I really want them to bring out the same app they've got in the US. Pretty simple system, I don't see why they won't do it in here. Instead they've got the Canadians waiting in line like neanderthals. 
laugh.gif
 We've got the technology available to do a reserve or confirmed system but we've got nothing here. 

That'll have the same problem in my opinion. The lineups will just happen for the pre orders. I think the sneaker community has just grown to a level where you just can't do FCFS anymore, whether that's for preorders, raffles, or just buying the sneakers. 

those were the days......

how does that solve anything? with a limited release people will line up for those too.... like really that's your solution? lol smh
i mean given the way resellers are these days there isn't going to be any specific solution to the problem at physical stores unless they bring the US reserved process into play here.  I hear you about the game having changed already but it seemed to work pretty well with limited releases back then.  Obviously it's a different beast now with the Yeezy effect but hey ppl were still getting their pairs.

I remember someone in this thread said that a Champs Employee told him/her we're going to have their app in Canada in 2017.
I hope they're right and hopefully its early 2017. The app seems to be working really well for the US guys. Some of them have experienced some shady behaviour when they go to get their shoes and end up going home empty handed but that's a whole other issue. 

Any update on the line at Champs Yonge? I'm wondering if it'll already be too crazy by 5pm today. If so, i might as well just go early tomorrow to avoid having to trek down to Y&D area twice

I remember pre-ordering my Jordan VI infrared pack like 2 weeks in advance and showing up at 11am on release to pick them up. It's crazy how the game has changed. If there's anything I learned about being in the sneaker game for so many years is that everything is cyclical. Not too long ago I remember Nike SBs being hot and Jordans sitting on shelves at Goodfoot. I'm hoping one day that the sneaker game cools down a bit to allow the people that are true sneakerheads to really get their share again (rather than all these young hypebeasts that are ruining the game). /end of old man rant

I remember pre-ordering my Jordan VI infrared pack like 2 weeks in advance and showing up at 11am on release to pick them up. It's crazy how the game has changed. If there's anything I learned about being in the sneaker game for so many years is that everything is cyclical. Not too long ago I remember Nike SBs being hot and Jordans sitting on shelves at Goodfoot. I'm hoping one day that the sneaker game cools down a bit to allow the people that are true sneakerheads to really get their share again (rather than all these young hypebeasts that are ruining the game). /end of old man rant
couldn't agree more, this old man seconds that rant.

Any update on the line at Champs Yonge? I'm wondering if it'll already be too crazy by 5pm today. If so, i might as well just go early tomorrow to avoid having to trek down to Y&D area twice

Someone tweeted this 10mins ago, looks like 30-40 deep now

Back
Top Bottom