Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Had a real good experience with Canada Goose... my jacket was 5 years old, purchased from sporting life.. obvi didn't have the receipt anymore. Started to get some wear and tear on the sleeves, on the side that comes in contact with the body of the jacket. So there was small holes where the down fil started to come out of. Sent the jacket in for repairs, they told me they could not fix it and they would send me a brand new jacket in the same model but different colour (my request), no charge. From that moment, I was a Canada Goose fan for life. Great customer service. I thought for sure I would have to pay for repairs as I thought it was wear and tear and would not be covered by their guarantee.

I've got a Goose jacket that's about 6 years old. No holes in it, but the color on the lower part of the sleeves is starting to fade (jacket is black, but now the end of the sleeves look grey). I wonder if that's considered normal wear and tear, or would CG hook me up with a new one? Unfortunately, the model has been discontinued.

According to YM, ADC and other footsites should be restocking tomorrow. Not sure if this includes ADCa.
Apparently US site is restocking 18K pairs due to cancelled orders (BOTs). Europe cancelled 7K BOT orders so they'll be up for grabs as well.

People are saying Canada won't be getting anything. But everyone's favourite TWEETER (KDC) is investigating and will let the community know...

Take all this for what it's worth (a grain of salt) as I'm just sharing what I've been reading, which has been consistent....but doesn't necessarily make it true.

I've got a Goose jacket that's about 6 years old. No holes in it, but the color on the lower part of the sleeves is starting to fade (jacket is black, but now the end of the sleeves look grey). I wonder if that's considered normal wear and tear, or would CG hook me up with a new one? Unfortunately, the model has been discontinued.
Start a claim and they'll ask for pics... If it's just the cuff, they may cover it but really depends.

I bought a Canada Goose Borden jacket maybe 3 yrs ago. A couple months in of wear I noticed down was leaking, not a substantial amount but was enough to worry since it was still relatively new. I reached out to CG, they gave me a form to fill out. I drove to the CG HQ and left it with them. Got it back about 2 weeks later and said its normal for down to be coming out, its the break-in period.

I took their word for it, but cant beat the lifetime warranty.

What's the best store to buy a winter jacket in Toronto? I know certain stores carry certain brands and some don't. I would lean toward Sporting Life?

Sail
Atmosphere
Sport Chek

I think it all depends on your budget and the brand you want.

Since US and UK doin bot restock I don't see why we can't have the same thing. we only had what 3k on adca? so maybe a restock of 800-1500 wouldnt be bad. But Canada always get shafted so not really holding my breath.

What's the best store to buy a winter jacket in Toronto? I know certain stores carry certain brands and some don't. I would lean toward Sporting Life?

Sportinglife because customer service is fantastic. I'm unable to give details but just know, they prioritize their customers.
They also have most styles and brands available. They had Nuptse in nice colors as well as almost every single CG jacket
known to man. LOL

I bought a Penfield Hoosac jacket about 4 years ago from Off the Hook - the wire in the hood snapped - sent pics to Penfield - they shipped me a new jacket.

The jacket is warm - but I lost about 20 lbs since last winter and I’m like George Constanza in a liquor store. Way too puffy.

My sons jackets have always been MEC - customer service is top shelf as is their warranty. Zipper in one of my jackets was catching - after about 6 years - they refunded me the original sale price.

For those that have busted Timberlands, contact customer service.
There's warranty on all Timbs and they'll replace it depending on the
issue.

Had a problem years ago, messaged them and I mailed my shoe to their Sauga warehouse.
They sent me a $190USD... I paid $100CAD for the shoe.

Man...I'm legit pleasantly surprised at all these stories about zipper issues or rips or down leakages etc that these brands are standing behind their products to the level of sending people brand new products after a jacket is used for 4-5 years or more. That's seriously impressive customer service.

I know it's a totally subjective question and depends on a bunch of factors, but what would you guys' think the shelf life is on a winter coat before you should replace it. I know a jacket can last many years if cared for and if it doesn't have damage which would warrant a replacement. I just wonder if down has a shelf life after a certain number of years of use that would affect it's function? I know if down gets wet or damp, it usually doesn't function as well.

I personally have some like 10 year old down jackets that are still toasty warm but its the exterior that's totally beat up and you wouldn't look good fashion wise wearing them lol.

I know it's a totally subjective question and depends on a bunch of factors, but what would you guys' think the shelf life is on a winter coat before you should replace it. I know a jacket can last many years if cared for and if it doesn't have damage which would warrant a replacement. I just wonder if down has a shelf life after a certain number of years of use that would affect it's function? I know if down gets wet or damp, it usually doesn't function as well.

I personally have some like 10 year old down jackets that are still toasty warm but its the exterior that's totally beat up and you wouldn't look good fashion wise wearing them lol.

You're right it's completely subjective. My reasons will be different from others.
But in general, I'd say around 7 years between jackets is fair. That's assuming you're getting a good technical jacket and not chasing the trends.
Care is the one true factor in determing how long a jacket lasts. If you don't clean your jacket, that's how you get wear and tear degradation happening faster.

I primarily buy a new jacket because:
  • Technology has improved (DWR now is an order of magnitude better than DWR from 5-7 years ago), taped seams, better build, etc
  • Body shape has changed
  • My tastes have evolved

Man...I'm legit pleasantly surprised at all these stories about zipper issues or rips or down leakages etc that these brands are standing behind their products to the level of sending people brand new products after a jacket is used for 4-5 years or more. That's seriously impressive customer service.

CG jackets should be good for AT LEAST 5 years depending on your usage.
The main reason why people replace their winter coat is aesthetic reasons.
Otherwise, TNF, CG and other well known brands should last you for a decade.

Vmills Nike Update
-30% off hash wall and clearance rack
-25%-30% some apparel(the usual items)
-they had those Premium Olive 5s and Tan 4s for retail
-Nothing really worth noting for the shoes, beside the PG1s IMO($100)
IMG_2255.JPG IMG_9710.JPG IMG_2457.JPG

I'm mad the north face store in yorkville closed. I have an issue with a backpack but don't want to take it all the way to Vaughn mills

I'm mad the north face store in yorkville closed. I have an issue with a backpack but don't want to take it all the way to Vaughn mills
There's a North Face store at Yorkdale, also North Face customer service will handle warranty claims if you don't wish to travel

Not sure if anyone cares anymore but vmills footlocker has the new 4.0 ultraboost in white and core black colourways, as well as the grey mid ultraboost.

Not sure if anyone cares anymore but vmills footlocker has the new 4.0 ultraboost in white and core black colourways, as well as the grey mid ultraboost.

Was actually just about to post this!

To piggyback what linxc88 has said, FL VM also has some mesh nmds and a pk glitch nmd with black boost for those interested.

Attachments

• 24201292_10155898965603209_1411602931_o.jpg
    24201292_10155898965603209_1411602931_o.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 64
The new 4.0 knit pattern reminds me of thick wool socks, just like how 3.0 looked like ground meat lol, best was still 1.0 and 2.0 IMO

Resellers bout to put these on TSG/TSX/kijiji in 5-4-3-2-1

B8E6686D-5FDC-466F-8950-B757BE5241E3.jpeg
The outlets were “premium” this past weekend. $276 each isn’t that bad in comparison to that $500 retail price tag. The materials/build quality on these is what every $255-$295 jordan brand release should be like.

Crap, i wish I saw this earlier. Just called them about the obsidians and I was told no 11/11.5 |l Money saved for December I guess!

On the topic of CS,
anyone have experience with Nike and clothing?
I bought a pair of Nike Pro (hypercool?) tights at Dixie like 4 weeks ago and after the 4-5 wear I noticed a hole at one of the seams. Threw out the tags and receipt already.
I was thinking of just walking in to VM and asking for exchange.

On the topic of CS,
anyone have experience with Nike and clothing?
I bought a pair of Nike Pro (hypercool?) tights at Dixie like 4 weeks ago and after the 4-5 wear I noticed a hole at one of the seams. Threw out the tags and receipt already.
I was thinking of just walking in to VM and asking for exchange.

You should send it in to Nike for warranty.
For shoes, the stories I heard are they usually give u a list of shoes to choose for replacement.

Back
Top Bottom