Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Picked up a pair of Air Max 2014 today in Marshall's for 45$. I'm not too familiar with the air max line but I always see that their usually expensive running shoes, even more so than the flyknits. Was this a great deal? What is the price on them at nike outlets?

Ajax. You can check but I'm almost sure I scooped up the last pair. I think it was marked wrong as well because when it rang up at the register, it said "kids shoes", so I guess I got away with a steal lol

I actually hope this happens again soon.

If you wear your shoes, you'll get them at the price you want to pay for them.

The people in it for a cash grab will be forced on their way out due to their stockpile of inventory that no one ever asked them to accumulate in the first place.

This won't ever happen, the sneaker game is too messed up now to ever go back.

What do you guys think?
akiction

@torontocold footlocker won't care about legitimacy in the sneaker world, because they already establish that a long time ago. This is retail my friend, its all about sales. As long people have thirst for sneakers,nothing will change. You gotta remember they didn't need to build us another #houseofhoopsbut this what people ask for and we should appreciate it.
torontocold

@akiction What's more important to FTL is potential sales and brand reputation, which is driven by a consumer focus approach. If @sportchek gets a Jordan account and respects customer base by not letting GHOST CHAIR RESERVATIONS stand, guess where most people are going. Js will always be in demand but think of the bigger picture. You want entire families to go to FTL for ALL their goods. That begins with appealing + catering to the majority (Causal sneakerheads)...also i'm not your friend, buddy #sitdown #payattention

This won't ever happen, the sneaker game is too messed up now to ever go back.

I wouldn't be quick to rule it out entirely. Maybe you won't see these changes in the immediate future, but I believe it'll happen again eventually.

Took a couple years for that SB bubble to pop, and it did.

I'm interested in seeing how the next couple of years pan out.

The good thing is, while everyone is caught up in the awe of new releases every week, it's making come ups on older pairs much easier to attain. No complaints about that.

Last edited:
What do you guys think?

Well FTL didn't build another HOH because of demand, it built it so it can command the demand.

That Torontocold guy needs a reality check if he thinks Foot Locker owes it to the sneaker world to re-establish "legitimacy" by not allowing the ghost chairs (I don't like them either). Does he think they're going to allocate staff or hire security guards to ensure people are in their chairs at all times. Foot Locker doesn't care about "legitmacy in the sneaker world" whatever that means, as long as they move product in and out and get their profit they don't care how they do it

anybody know where I can get the nike rosherun hyperfuse midnight navy in toronto? I've checked out a few stores and livestock and they dont have it, in that size.

I wouldn't be quick to rule it out entirely. Maybe you won't see these changes in the immediate future, but I believe it'll happen again eventually.

Took a couple years for that SB bubble to pop, and it did.

I'm interested in seeing how the next couple of years pan out.

The good thing is, while everyone is caught up in the awe of new releases every week, it's making come ups on older pairs much easier to attain. No complaints about that.

+1

It's just hard to see it now since we're in the thick of things, what with campouts week in/week out for even moderately-hyped releases. EVENTUALLY these young dudes will be burned out, when their closets are piled high with 100-200 boxes of kicks they barely wear. Is it entirely possible that the next generation latches on to continue the trend? Of course. But trends come and go, my personal guess is between 2-4 years [don't really have anything to base this on other than kids gotta grow up sometime, and most move on to another phase in life after high school]

Getting back on track (sort of), anyone plan on heading out to the new Niagara on the Lake Outlet? http://www.outletcollectionatniagara.com/ They open this weekend, but I won't be swinging by til a few weeks from now and will report what I can.

kicks will never go away. as long as people have feet, they're will always be a demand. for every group that transitions onto something new or grows out of it, there will be the next generation waiting in the wings.

I find it out that livestock and capsule both have 8.5 and 11.5 sold out

Last edited:
Anyone see or hear anything about the stock at nikeoutlets? I heard vaughn mills and halton hills had a shipment of blue flyknit racers... And also heard that halton hills had thermal foams on sunday (not many sizes) -

I seen the "Everglades" Lebron 11's at Dufferin Mall champs today looks like they released early in Canada. 

Just got back from Halton hills. Didn't see no blue flyknit racers there. They do have the flyknit lunar 2 in red lots of sizes left.
They also have 1 7.5 multi color flyknit trainer left. $109
Thermal foams are still there think 2 size 8 left on the back wall. $130
They also got the airmax 90 essential blue ones fsr $90

Last edited:
forget about the sneaker bubble popping, how about the real estate bubble popping instead. housing prices keep going up. :smh:

I'm no real estate expert but I'm assuming once all those condos near Fort York are completed, the bubble will burst once development companies run out of condo buyers or people who can afford em. That area is currently a ghost town with just condos, nothing else in the neighborhood. I'm just guessing tho

Well FTL didn't build another HOH because of demand, it built it so it can command the demand.

That Torontocold guy needs a reality check if he thinks Foot Locker owes it to the sneaker world to re-establish "legitimacy" by not allowing the ghost chairs (I don't like them either). Does he think they're going to allocate staff or hire security guards to ensure people are in their chairs at all times. Foot Locker doesn't care about "legitmacy in the sneaker world" whatever that means, as long as they move product in and out and get their profit they don't care how they do it

You think Footlocker would do anything when the continue to have "secret" drops at HOH and (supposedly) have staff members selling kicks while on working? As long as shoes are being purchased and not sitting in the stockroom, the CEO of Footlocker doesn't have to give a **** who buys em and for what reason.

If I line up with 15-20 people and buy out the entire size run of a hyped release only to burn the kicks in a couple of hours, I'm sure Footlocker executives wouldn't blink once the transaction went through.

Back
Top Bottom