Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

I'm no real estate expert but I'm assuming once all those condos near Fort York are completed, the bubble will burst once development companies run out of condo buyers or people who can afford em. That area is currently a ghost town with just condos, nothing else in the neighborhood. I'm just guessing tho
There's always more land to build condos just look at the markham area.

That's my point as long as their making money, the Foot Locker head office doesn't care who buys them or what means they took to buy them

There's always more land to build condos just look at the markham area.

That's my point as long as their making money, the Foot Locker head office doesn't care who buys them or what means they took to buy them
Yea I don't think the bubble will ever pop in the GTA, there will always be a need and there will alway be people with money to buy it.

It's the immigrants from places such as china that contribute to the growth in housing prices. It's over $1mil cdn for a small condo in Shanghai, so when they come to canada and see the size of homes they could buy here for the same price as a small condo back home they will offer more than the asking price.

Condo prices will stabilize (if it hasn't already) once all the new developments are finished,but single homes will continue to rise in prices. A lot of ppl are moving further away from toronto to buy affordable singles and semis. That's why the "gta" is expanding.

Btw, is it true that fl is gonna release the shooting star foam 1 separate from the lil penny's?

Btw, is it true that fl is gonna release the shooting star foam 1 separate from the lil penny's?
^ I hope so. Anyone actually want the lil penny's?
I would say take a look at the release date calender but we in Canada and its not listed
roll.gif
.  Also retail on the pack is 500us that means its gonna be like 650 or 700 cdn? I think Footlocker might get it split, price is still gonna be sky high!

About the whole 'sneaker bubble' - great discussion here.

There's no way the hype/prices can be maintained - a crash is inevitable IMO.  Same thing happened mid-2000s (and the market crash definitely didn't help poorly run boutiques).  I used to go to Vegas pretty regularly, one year there would be 10 - 15 sneaker/streewear boutiques off the Vegas strip -- next year, all the stores closed down except for UNDFTD LV.  And the local shops were literally cold-calling me to offer me pre-orders cuz nothing was moving.

Can't speak for everyone, but the most hardcore lifer sneaker fiends I know usually got started because they or their parents couldn't afford sneakers when they were younger.  If you grew up in the 80s and early 90s -- you had MJ, Nike's crazy advertising, movies like Space Jam and hip-hop at its peak -- all building that sneaker thirst.  So when you start working and those retros come out, what's $150 - $200 to buy a piece of your childhood?  And from there, you start buying all the colorways and different models and all of a sudden, you're collecting.  I'm sure we all know one crazy collector friend that still cops old toys like Transformers, comics, old video games, random geek sh*t -- whatever gives them that nostalgia.  All that stuff and sneakers are the same thing.

Obviously, that generation is older now and making cash.  Seems like of marketing is targeting that late-20s, early-30s crowd.  Just look at all the random 80s/90s franchises coming back as big budget movies (like the entire Marvel line of movies when comics hit that peak in the 90s or TMNT or Transformers).  So, retros are obviously huge with that crowd.

I just can't see the younger kids continuing that (which I think is driving all the resale prices and lineups) - different generation completely.  For them, sneakers (and some other 90s throwback fashion) are 'in' right now but it's a just trend/fashion for a lot of them -- and all that fades and goes away.  More about stunting on Instagram than that feeling you get when you buying and rocking a pair of shoes you couldn't afford as a kid.  It will eventually switch to something else once the kids realize it's "played out".  No disrespect to younger guys, just generalizing here.

I'm sure some will stay on board and the old heads will still be around - there will always be sneaker fiends, but just not constantly at the level it's at now.  And who knows, give it another 10 years and it will be 'in style' again.

Last edited:
I tried the Marshall's at Warden and Eg today too, No Air Max 2014

Word, I thought the 49.99$ price was just an eff up of my local Marshall's (Ajax) but it seems that it's store wide. I'll update today after I check Oshawa Marshall's/winners. If you can see it's marked "grade school" as in kids shoes. I got a pair in 11 that I'd be willing to trade for a smaller pair.

Word, I thought the 49.99$ price was just an eff up of my local Marshall's (Ajax) but it seems that it's store wide. I'll update today after I check Oshawa Marshall's/winners. If you can see it's marked "grade school" as in kids shoes. I got a pair in 11 that I'd be willing to trade for a smaller pair.
I wouldn't even bother with the Oshawa stores, I live a short distance away and their stock is rarely ever any good

Grade School sizing makes sense... My local Marshall's gets lots of nice kicks... but they aren't marked down like that!

eg: Jordan Superfly 2 for $129.99, Roshe Runs for $69.99 etc.

You can't stop resellers; it is impossible. Putting the Hua's or anyone else on blast won't do ****, everybody knows who everybody is, nobody does anything about it. There will always be people buying kicks off of resellers who missed out, or simply can't be bothered lining up. It upsets me when you guys complain too much about resellers, because its not like they have superpowers, they sit outside like everybody else, they just get there first. I know all of the big resellers in Toronto, to be honest they are the most resourceful sneakerheads, networking and all. There's always going to be tension between the re-sellers/collectors, it is just a matter of when y'all are gonna stop buying **** for over retail, or at least get to the release before the resellers do lmao.

You can't stop resellers; it is impossible. Putting the Hua's or anyone else on blast won't do ****, everybody knows who everybody is, nobody does anything about it. There will always be people buying kicks off of resellers who missed out, or simply can't be bothered lining up. It upsets me when you guys complain too much about resellers, because its not like they have superpowers, they sit outside like everybody else, they just get there first. I know all of the big resellers in Toronto, to be honest they are the most resourceful sneakerheads, networking and all. There's always going to be tension between the re-sellers/collectors, it is just a matter of when y'all are gonna stop buying **** for over retail, or at least get to the release before the resellers do lmao.
lol none of us named any names...

and you may be right, it might not be possible to stop them but we can at least stop buying from these clowns thats for sure.
yes they are normal people and they may get to the line first but they take up stock for people who are ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN WEARING, enjoying, and appreciate the shoe.

the point is, its a problem here in toronto like everywhere else. now more so than ever.

It upsets you when people complain about resellers?? Well the reality is they've ruined sneaker collecting for a lot of people. I have no problem putting some work in or waking up early on a Sat to line up, but these kids are posted up the night before for every release now, forcing people to choose to give up not just a couple hours of sleep, but now an entire night of their weekend if they want to be able to buy shoes for retail. If not, they're forced to pay up. It's not a case of some people getting to a spot earlier than others because they want the shoe more for themselves - resellers are looking to essentially extort people for the shoes. So as much as it may hurt your feelings, it's the resellers causing this - costing people either money or time, and many just can't be bothered anymore or aren't willing. I know personally I buy fewer pairs at retail now just because I'm not willing to wait for hours on end. There are more productive ways to make money where you're not impeding someone else's enjoyment or hobby....like getting a real job. On top of that, it trickles down to the rest of the "community". I write it like that because a large part of the sense of community that used to exist is now lost - people don't share information or help one another like they used to for fear of some reseller swooping in and they get screwed. So I'm not really sure why you're so surprised people are complaining about resellers.....seems pretty obvious to me.

@GMAS  I understand that people do not like re-sellers, but for example when I really want a sneaker, I am willing to put in the work to get it. I have camped out for 15+ hours and worked a 1-10 the same saturday, I understand that this is not the ideal situation, but I just don't think complaining about it will fix anything, until the whole "community" decides to stop buying from them. I have accepted the fact that the game has changed, things have become more challenging for me, you, and everyone else to cop sneakers, but at the end of the day we all continue to feed into the hype, whether we are lining up, complaining, or buying off of a re-seller. Not trying to create a hostile environment, sorry if anyone's toes have been stepped on. 

@GMAS
 I understand that people do not like re-sellers, but for example when I really want a sneaker, I am willing to put in the work to get it. I have camped out for 15+ hours and worked a 1-10 the same saturday, I understand that this is not the ideal situation, but I just don't think complaining about it will fix anything, until the whole "community" decides to stop buying from them. I have accepted the fact that the game has changed, things have become more challenging for me, you, and everyone else to cop sneakers, but at the end of the day we all continue to feed into the hype, whether we are lining up, complaining, or buying off of a re-seller. Not trying to create a hostile environment, sorry if anyone's toes have been stepped on. 

You're probably Billy Fung, the Hua's, or that fool David Woo etc etc. Or one of their friends. Either way, my only main issue is before Toronto was a place that avoided the chaos, camping, and shady dealings to obtain a show you wanted. Now, that isn't the case. Now its lining up days in advance (meaning no chance for regular people with jobs to buy), ghost chairs, places like Ateaze STC allowing employees to sell stock on Kijiji, etc etc.

It is what it is. Sad really.

I really miss being able to place a pre-order at Footlocker. Those were the days.

Has anyone seen Iguana Rosheruns anywhere lately? Heading into Toronto later this week and looking to pick up a size 11 for someone. I think TSW had them but I haven't been to any of their locations for awhile. TIA for any help.

Last edited:
I agree with the las
Either way, my only main issue is before Toronto was a place that avoided the chaos, camping, and shady dealings to obtain a show you wanted. Now, that isn't the case. Now its lining up days in advance (meaning no chance for regular people with jobs to buy), ghost chairs, places like Ateaze STC allowing employees to sell stock on Kijiji, etc etc.

It is what it is. Sad really.
I agree with this.

It's so disconcerting to see a bunch of the same faces line up within 20 minutes of the SVP jordan 6 drop last week. I imagine those guys also had chairs set up at SQ1 at the same time. 

As I said before, the most proactive thing you can do is to not buy from them, no matter the shoe.

You know those kicks are gonna get restocked or re-released eventually.

Like the saying goes good things come to those that wait; this couldn't be more true then for the passionate people that fill this forum.

Forget pre-orders, I miss the days where u could walk in three weeks after a release date and still get a pair of shoes ur size. And if u wait 5 months, u will probably see it at a discount though ur size might not be there. I still remember walking into foot locker in the summer of 03 and seeing the blk/red, and Columbia 11s on the shelf.

I've never purchased from a reseller (only an American consignment store which sold Chicago 1s to me at CDN retail) but I REALLY hate it when dudes have the nerve to buy a pair that doesn't fit when their size sold out AND then try to sell it to me as I walk out the store.

Like c'mon man; if you know you can't fit in a shoe, why hassle yourself and the rest of us to make up $20-50. Is $20-50 really worth the 12hrs you spent in line? Go find a minimum wage job where you'd make roughly $126 for 12hrs of actual work

I might be preaching to the choir here but I do hope some resale lurker a read this and smarten up. Wishful thinking here

Back
Top Bottom