******OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON PICS/INFO THREAD****** Teaser Trailer Pg 14

JayPesoz wrote:
Originally Posted by NobleKane

mustbetheshoe58 wrote:
This scene from 1986 >> All 3 Michael Bay Transformers Movies
pimp.gif

WOW did they make a new hd version of this movie??? i put my special edition dvd from early 2000's in my ps3 blu ray�and it doesnt look as good as that
eek.gif

UK Only release
joe-moore-41408-albums-joe-s-images-picture472-transformers-blu-ray.jpg

wow
eek.gif

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Just finished watching the last season of G1.....all three episodes lol

And just a heads up.  The COMPLETE G1 DVD Boxset for only $40 shipped at Amazon right now HERE

Saw Transformers today, and in 3d for the first time, and it was a good movie, especially for somebody who isn't a critic
and wasn't expecting some Dark Knight plus Inception Oscar masterpiece. It was just a good action movie like it was
supposed to be. I'll say one thing though, either a different girl should have been cast in Megan Fox's place, or Fox
should never had thought she was better than the Transformers franchise, that Whiteley chick stood out like a sore thumb,
and not in a good way. 1st, she's not really attractive in the first place, she looks like a puffer fish, and just overall didn't fit
the kind of character she was supposed to be. Another thing, the way they were blatantly showcasing her throughout
the movie made me palm my face everytime. It was very unnecessary for a chick who isn't thought cute, nor much of a
believeable actress.

Ok finally viewed it in IMAX 3D
What can be said about this movie that already hasn't been said, this franchise could have been a good trilogy if they would have built Unicron into the story line. But hey we are talking fan boys who wanted this but in Bayformers we were not going to get it. Throughout these films it was all a showcase to show GMC's cars etc and make you go to the car show to an arena near you. The story fell flat after 1 and in part 3 I think they try to do too much to the point where I bet Bay wanted 3 hrs to showcase everything.
Yes Megatron wasn't a menacing threat any longer and Starscream wasn't that annoying thorn any longer, it just fell flat in some places with Ironhide dying characters missing and not being used enough and then we see Barricade showing up? what the? come on Bay. And to those who said it left it open for Unicron or he was mentioned? what movie did you guys see? There was never a mention about him or even a notion of him at all.
Basically, its a good eye candy movie to escape reality and fan boys shouldn't be too critical of Bayformers, it is what it is. Now, I think what would have had everyone talking would have been once the movie ended you see a Pan shot of an object in a distant galaxy moving after sensing the space bridge energy source, a certain theme song comes on and that planet size object say I am Unicron and then cut to black...that would have sent people to the roof and forget what they watched 2 hrs and 35 mins ago
Still 6 out of 10 better than watching The Beaver

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by NobleKane

mustbetheshoe58 wrote:
This scene from 1986 >> All 3 Michael Bay Transformers Movies
pimp.gif

WOW did they make a new hd version of this movie??? i put my special edition dvd from early 2000's in my ps3 blu ray�and it doesnt look as good as that
eek.gif

UK Only release
joe-moore-41408-albums-joe-s-images-picture472-transformers-blu-ray.jpg

I would order it, but not for $40.
indifferent.gif

Maybe down the road, they will make this readily available in the US.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by sosly

So how did Jetfire activate/use the space bridge to teleport Sam in the 2nd one, but Sentinel Prime is supposedly the only one who knows how to use the space bridge?

Edit: I rewatched ROTF
tongue.gif

good point, didnt think of this

Jetfire and other older Transformers (like the other seekers and Dynasty members) had the natural ability to use space bridge's, newer models, including Sentinel don't have that feature (I think this was explained in the ROTF Novel) So these pillars were invented by Sentinel as an artificial version of that feature.

Am I the only one who thinks that Prime took kind of a dark turn at the end?  Essentially sucker punching Megatron AFTER Mega saved him and tried to call a truce.  Then coldly bucking Sentinel in the head when he was down.

And where the hell would prime be for 30 minutes at a time???  Everyone was actively fighting Decepticons and he'd be absent from the screen only to make random appearances (with grand dramatic entrances) then disappear again.  Like what could he be doing while everyone else is getting captured?

- HORRIBLE movie. i see why Hollywood thinks the average viewer is a mindless idiot, where all they have to do is put some T&A, explosions, and cool machines in a movies to make money. i walked out on 2, and walked out on this one. i felt embarassed to even be there after a while 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by sosly

So how did Jetfire activate/use the space bridge to teleport Sam in the 2nd one, but Sentinel Prime is supposedly the only one who knows how to use the space bridge?

Edit: I rewatched ROTF
tongue.gif

Jetfire and other older Transformers (like the other seekers and Dynasty members) had the natural ability to use space bridge's, newer models, including Sentinel don't have that feature (I think this was explained in the ROTF Novel) So these pillars were invented by Sentinel as an artificial version of that feature.

Am I the only one who thinks that Prime took kind of a dark turn at the end?  Essentially sucker punching Megatron AFTER Mega saved him and tried to call a truce.  Then coldly bucking Sentinel in the head when he was down.

And where the hell would prime be for 30 minutes at a time???  Everyone was actively fighting Decepticons and he'd be absent from the screen only to make random appearances (with grand dramatic entrances) then disappear again.  Like what could he be doing while everyone else is getting captured?

Part 1 - Prime was busy fighting Barricade and thus was late to the fight but made a dramatic entrance at the end
Part 2 - He was dead then woke up and made a dramatic entrance at the end
Part 3 - Prime got caught in wires and thus was late to the fight but made a dramatic entrance at the end

And Prime wasn't or didn't go dark at the end, he was just fed up with all this crap that Bay did to his character that he just wasted everyone so he can move on and have him butcher another film series...but seriously he let Megatron have it, since day one he has been a thorn at his side and mind you he remembers what he did to Jazz and all the other robot buddies of his so justice was served and as for Sentinel he let him have it because of Ironhide and of course your mentor, teacher, predecessor, betraying all that you stand for, that he had to do what he was destined to do

To date Optimus has killed off

Bonecrusher
Barricade (in the comics he is killed but suddenly he comes back in part 3?)
Demolisher
Grindor
The Fallen
Shockwave
Megatron
Sentienl
and various other decepticons no names

Not a bad days work

Originally Posted by chezzer10

Part 1 - Prime was busy fighting Barricade and thus was late to the fight but made a dramatic entrance at the end
Part 3 - Prime got caught in wires and thus was late to the fight but made a dramatic entrance at the end

but the Wreckers said they'd cut him down, then 20 minutes later were captured by the remaining decepticons.  prime was no where to be found.  like where could he have been? enjoying a latte? hitting up a cubs game?

literally EVERY entrance he made was super dramatic
laugh.gif

I'm usually a sucker for cruddy movies, Battle LA, Green Lantern, as of late.... but with Transformers, I cringe thru out the movie
laugh.gif

but the Wreckers said they'd cut him down, then 20 minutes later were captured by the remaining decepticons.  prime was no where to be found.  like where could he have been? enjoying a latte? hitting up a cubs game?

laugh.gif
I think he went looking for his trailer and lost track of time lol btw Sentinel who is voiced by Nimoy quotes his own ST 2 Spock speech in that in-itself was hilarious

laugh.gif

......the Director of the movie is telling you right there what he thinks of your intellect.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

with Transformers, I cringe thru out the movie
laugh.gif

...and to think they've made what 160 million so far......and how much is the total for all 3? sad.

Bay annoys me with his fight scenes. They would be so much better if he slowed the action down so you can see what's going on instead of looking at a bunch of digital metal clanking together with a shaky camera. He spends too much time trying to wow the audience and make the movie of the summer rather than make a timeless piece. So Spielberg is really taking over for Bay with the rest of the series?

I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS...I ENJOY THESE DEBACLE OF FILMS...I GUESS CUZ I GREW UP ON TRANSFORMERS...AND THEY ALWAYS HAVE A PART OF MY CHILDHOOD...YEA PLOTS ARE HORRIBLE BUT I GO TO THE THEATER TO BE ENTERTAINED...DF I CARE ABOUT PLOTS...IM AN 80'S BABY..GIMME EXPLOSIONS AND LOUD NOISES AND IM ENTERTAINED...

Originally Posted by bigsupa

I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS...I ENJOY THESE DEBACLE OF FILMS...I GUESS CUZ I GREW UP ON TRANSFORMERS...AND THEY ALWAYS HAVE A PART OF MY CHILDHOOD...YEA PLOTS ARE HORRIBLE BUT I GO TO THE THEATER TO BE ENTERTAINED...DF I CARE ABOUT PLOTS...IM AN 80'S BABY..GIMME EXPLOSIONS AND LOUD NOISES AND IM ENTERTAINED...

Stop yelling
laugh.gif

i dont know if this was already mention but does anyone remember part 2 of the movie when sam had the nervous breakdown in class?? well after seeing part 2 last night with subtitles during his breakdown he actually talks about sentinel prime and how hes the only one that can travel through space with mass and velocity using the pillars. I never knew that untill my girl pointed it out and i was like " so thats how they came up with part 3"......pretty cool and I for 1 enjoyed part 3...i didnt expect an oscar movie, just wanted to see if for the effects and have a good time. Will watch again when i have time.

Those that are asking about the Nest troops takin out Decepticons with ease now, isn't that plausible by now?  The government knows these things exsist, so they are creating weapons/techniques to use so wouldn't it be wise to come up with ways to fight them even without the help of the Autobots?  So the whole shooting them in the eye, Lennox telling the Seals to use heavy shells because it messes with their circuitry and all that, plus didn't it show autobots teaching them how to fight the Decepticons also? 
nerd.gif

All of that leads you to believe that these guys are better trained and more equipped now to help the Autobots out rather than just sitting there watching the fight. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Those that are asking about the Nest troops takin out Decepticons with ease now, isn't that plausible by now?  The government knows these things exsist, so they are creating weapons/techniques to use so wouldn't it be wise to come up with ways to fight them even without the help of the Autobots?  So the whole shooting them in the eye, Lennox telling the Seals to use heavy shells because it messes with their circuitry and all that, plus didn't it show autobots teaching them how to fight the Decepticons also? 
nerd.gif

All of that leads you to believe that these guys are better trained and more equipped now to help the Autobots out rather than just sitting there watching the fight. 

Plus , in G1, humans are a  big part of the Transformers. Head masters would've been too over the top IMO, but even in the animated series both Autobots and Decepticons admit that they work well with humans. Galvatron hates the idea in confiding with organics, but the leader of the Hive is the only one who can yield Skorpinok...so Galvatron gives in.

I kind of felt bad for Megatron and Sentinel, cause while in the first 2 movies Megatron was just trying to destroy earth, in this one they wanted to save their planet. That doesn't sound like that much to ask for
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

I kind of felt bad for Megatron and Sentinel, cause while in the first 2 movies Megatron was just trying to destroy earth, in this one they wanted to save their planet. That doesn't sound like that much to ask for
ohwell.gif
This. But then megatron and sentinel wanted to save cybertron at the expense of earth which meant enslaving everyone. I know what you're saying though shift, they just wanted to go back to home and live on cybertron.

This movie was pretty damn awful. Once again Hollywood relies on the "let's just keep throwing action at them and they'll forget there's a movie happening". By the time there was 40 minutes of the movie left I couldn't wait for it to end. Everything about that trilogy has only gotten worse and they pretty much capped it off with the overweight autobot that turns into a NASCAR. How does a robot become overweight?????? These movies are a travesty.

Back
Top Bottom