OFFICIAL UA CURRY 1 : CHARGED BY BELIEF. PLAYOFFS RELEASE 5/22 /// MVP'S 6/13

Nice.  Does anyone know if Finishline stores take phone orders? 

Finishline.com also put up the Maryland Heritage CF Drives a day or two before the "official" release date.  It's a good month or two early for the Underdogs though.  Someone might get in trouble for that.
not sure about the phone orders.

I've seen the CF Drive low red and gold pair at 42nd st Footlocker last week and those weren't supposed to drop yet. They also had the Grammy awards for sale like two weeks early. I think its only online that they really care about waiting for the actual release date.

Last edited:
Damn for real.  I don't see any UA bball shoes around SoCal.  HoH or Finishline, it doesn't matter.  All Kobe (makes sense in LA), KD, Lebron, Jordan and some Adidas.  I would have scooped Underdogs with Winners Circle for sure if I saw them in store.

Just pointing out some details on the the Dark Matter cw.

The UA logo and the SC30 on the tongue glow in the dark!!!
Put em under the light for a few seconds then turn off the lights and watch them glow!

Last edited:
Tried these on today. A little wider in the toebox than the cf drive but I prefer that. Upper doesn't feel restrictive. Comfortable shoe

Last edited:
Not happy about losing our league game tonight, but the shoes were awesome.  

I was really torn between the TTS and .5 size down when I tried on in store, but I'm glad I went .5 down with narrow feet -- perfect amount of space for me after they broke in a bit.  Transition was very smooth with these, the lockdown is excellent, traction was great (as expected since it's damn close to the Drives).  As for the cushioning setup, it felt great.  It's a bit of a firmer feel than just standalone Micro G, but I enjoyed it.  Responsiveness was excellent.  Believe it or not, I sort of did get the sensation that they were a bit softer just standing/walking around and then while running the court/cutting etc, they felt a bit firmer/more responsive.  Could have been my imagination but they felt great 
laugh.gif
 Micro G insole is always nice too 
smokin.gif

To be honest, overall, I didn't really find myself thinking about them at all while on foot during the game.  That's how it should be.  I love the upper.  Clutchfit feels amazing, but this anafoam is good stuff too.  Don't know if I'd say these over the Drives just yet, but they are right there, if not just a hair behind.  Looking forward to hearing what others have to say once they get to play in them.

Just pointing out some details on the the Dark Matter cw.

The UA logo and the SC30 on the tongue glow in the dark!!!
Put em under the light for a few seconds then turn off the lights and watch them glow!

Yup! The DM tee shirt i posted earlier glows too!

@iks mod   .5 down huh?  So the upper has more give than the Drives?  Did you go TTS in the Drives?

Now I'm not sure I would go TTS on these and I haven't seen them on shelves anywhere to try them on.

View media item 1406007
I got these bands over All Star Weekend at the Steph Curry autograph signing. I'm not a band wearer, so I wanted to help a fellow NTer/GSW fan/Curry fan.

SC logo on one side and UA logo on the opposite side.
PM me, a few bucks to cover shipping would be appreciated.

Yeah FNL was also selling the Home Colorway at Great Mall, I do know for a fact they didn't have an 8.5 because these OG Filipinos were trying to buy them lol
curious though....what is the problem with that?

I got these bands over All Star Weekend at the Steph Curry autograph signing. I'm not a band wearer, so I wanted to help a fellow NTer/GSW fan/Curry fan.

SC logo on one side and UA logo on the opposite side.
PM me, a few bucks to cover shipping would be appreciated.
I'll take those bands if you are offering

@DeezyVSOP2   --   I went TTS in the drives. With this shoe, I probably could have gone TTS as well, but I'm always caught between the size 11 and 11.5, went with my gut when trying on in store.  The upper material doesn't really have much give to it (which is good IMO), but it's soft in the right places.  I would describe it more as it doesn't wrap your foot quite at closely as Clutchfit which is a pretty unique material.  I still felt like the materials hug the foot really nicely like the Drives, they are just a little bit more "traditional" feeling, if you will.  Hate to do comparisons, but maybe imagine it's slightly like a combo of a nice fuse and engineered mesh with structure and flexibility where you need it.  So -- the Drives are a little more conforming overall, but these really surprised me in the fit department as they felt like a nice close, one-to-one fit.  Could the .5 down in size have helped that?  Probably.  But I don't feel like the TTS would have been overly roomy.  I know I might not be helping you out here... I would say if you can afford losing a hair in length, .5 down will give you a little bit closer more conforming fit like the drives.  Hopefully you can track down and try on, or order 2 and return one if that works for you.

@Swift  no prob -- I would say you will probably be solid with TTS.  There wasn't a huge difference when I tried on in store and my guess is that on court won't be a massive difference either.

@Ginwae  -- I would say the Drives do have slightly better impact protection, but there didn't seem to be a huge difference to me.  I'm no Zach Lavine, but I do get decent lift so coming down hard is something I notice.  Didn't have any issues last night and my joints/back feel good today.  I'll have to give a better assessment after I play some more in these.  I'm about 6'2" 175 for ref.

AHHH...the release went pretty well. Was able to purchase two pairs of all stars and one pair of homes to go along the home pairs ive been rocking for the past month. ALOT of things instore for the Curry One line. just gotta wait on it.

sucks that whoever worked at the Barclays decided to loot Steph's shoes. We did get some additional looks at the Curry One Low and I am damn excited for it lol.

Looks like alot of the people on here were able to purchase without a problem. Seems like resellers tried to get in on the release as well. Saw a couple $200+ pairs on ebay, and i just laughed about it.

AHHH...the release went pretty well. Was able to purchase two pairs of all stars and one pair of homes to go along the home pairs ive been rocking for the past month. ALOT of things instore for the Curry One line. just gotta wait on it.

sucks that whoever worked at the Barclays decided to loot Steph's shoes. We did get some additional looks at the Curry One Low and I am damn excited for it lol.

Looks like alot of the people on here were able to purchase without a problem. Seems like resellers tried to get in on the release as well. Saw a couple $200+ pairs on ebay, and i just laughed about it.
So... you're saying the lows are indeed coming? 
nerd.gif

So... you're saying the lows are indeed coming? 
nerd.gif
I think July. 

-Fresh 

On release day, I went to the 34th St Footlocker to cop the Homes. But I noticed they had the SC PE Clutch Fits. I copped the black PE since they had my size. I've been looking for these and was tempted to pay $200ish on eBay. So, I think they did a restock of the SC PEs for all star weekend.

If anyone needs these or the yellow PE, PM me. I don't know what sizes are left but I'll check again if there's any interest. I'll provide the assist, retail plus tax and shipping.
View media item 1406210

@iks mod

Thanks man!  I'll probably order two and return one like you said.  Nowhere to try them on here for the places I normally go to.

I'm a 9.5-10 and I have that issue a lot.  9.5 in the Drives was just too tight, but I need 9.5 in certain bball shoes.  TTS is a very fickle term, especially if you are kind of in between sizes.  I think reviewers should specify "if you are between sizes, go with your lower/higher size" instead of just saying TTS, but that's just me being spoiled.

I still prefer the Clutchfit Drives. Low to the ground and still have that amazing cushioning. The Charged cushioning is too stiff for my liking as of now. Maybe they need break in time? They're much higher off the ground than the CFD too. The midsole is fairly thick so the impact protection is good so that's a benefit in that. Bigger players will like these if you found the CFD to not give you the impact protection you need or they are too low to the ground to your liking.

The anafoam upper is comfortable and has good support, no complaints. Love the "pillow" on the inside of the achilles area, makes the fit that much better. I went TTS as the CFD but the Curry 1s are slightly narrower in the toe area, no discomfort though. My foot was secured, no heel slippage or sliding inside. The ankle height is more casual friendly than the CF Drives so it evens out the cushioning difference.

That's my first impression. Your experience may be different than mine.

My pair arrived at home today, looking forward to going home to try them on.  I went down .5 size  because my Nike bball TTS wasn't available, and I also tried on a pair of random UA trainers at DSG and noticed I had to go down .5 size from my normal Nikes.  Earlier poster is right, TTS varies tremendously per person.  I'll advise on fit once I get em on. 

Back
Top Bottom