OFFICIAL UA CURRY 1 : CHARGED BY BELIEF. PLAYOFFS RELEASE 5/22 /// MVP'S 6/13

I have the UA 3/4 tights
happy.gif
Use them more for running and cycling when it is cold in the morning. The breeze going through the material feels awesome lol.

I've tried on adidas ones too. Works the same. Also have some mcdavid calf sleeves, can convert to shooting sleeves lol. The tights are better though as they don't sag upon movement.
do you own both the UA and Nike 3/4's? Which do you prefer? if you own both

I have multiple pairs of these and they're pretty much all I wear for workouts and playing ball now. I'm 31 years old, 5 9" and 170lbs. I've always been under the impression that they help to keep the knees and muscles a bit more stable. If I don't wear them, I typically wear compression shorts with McDavid knee sleeves, which provide much more compression.

The Nike 3/4 don't have the tightest squeeze to them, but they definitely get the job done and stay where you want them to, for the most part. I do end up tugging the bottoms down a lot. Maybe 3 years ago, UA made the best compression shorts I've ever worn. Thick and provided a ton of compression. Now their materials are thinned out and much closer to what Nike/Adidas puts out. I'm kicking myself for not picking up more pairs.

If you guys have knee aches and similar stuff, I'd recommend picking up some mobility bands, like Rogue Fitness bands. I bought a pair, not the cheapest out there, but worth every penny to me. I wrap my ankles, calves and knees frequently after workouts and they help to alleviate a lot of the aches and soreness, and you can really SQUEEZE the muscles and joints with them. Can't imagine not having them and if one of them fell apart I'd order another first thing. Trust me on this one, they are worth having.

If you guys have knee aches and similar stuff, I'd recommend picking up some mobility bands, like Rogue Fitness bands. I bought a pair, not the cheapest out there, but worth every penny to me. I wrap my ankles, calves and knees frequently after workouts and they help to alleviate a lot of the aches and soreness, and you can really SQUEEZE the muscles and joints with them. Can't imagine not having them and if one of them fell apart I'd order another first thing. Trust me on this one, they are worth having.
Will definitely pick up a pair to try. I've been using the jordan dominate compression shorts for a while now but it'll be nice to have the 3/4s to cover the knees without wearing leg sleeves. Leg sleeves to me look like you're one of the dudes that dress up. Do you size up? Reviews are saying to get a size bigger.

What exactly do you do with those bands? Just wrap them on for a minute and wait for it to go numb? Btw, mobility wod on youtube is a life saver. The quadballer 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I definitely want to try out UA's 3/4 tights. The main reason I have so many Nike versions is because they're easy to find on sale at outlets and online. Got all 4 of mine on sale/clearance at well under retail. I did get a small tear in one pair at the knee, no idea how.

UA outlets are AWFUL around me in terms of having good stuff in size M. In fact, they're pretty much awful period. We need a Brand House in L.A.

Will definitely pick up a pair to try. I've been using the jordan dominate compression shorts for a while now but it'll be nice to have the 3/4s to cover the knees without wearing leg sleeves. Leg sleeves to me look like you're one of the dudes that dress up. Do you size up? Reviews are saying to get a size bigger.

What exactly do you do with those bands? Just wrap them on for a minute and wait for it to go numb? Btw, mobility wod on youtube is a life saver. The quadballer :pimp:

For the 3/4 tights, I'm about a 32-33 waist and I go with Medium. A lot of these people saying to size up...I don't think they understand the concept of compression, or (not to be mean) some might be slightly overweight. They're supposed to be tight. I squat regularly and wouldn't say I have skinny legs, but I don't have indoor cyclist sprinter legs either, and Med is perfect for me.

With the bands, I wrap my ankle/midfoot area and get some pressure going there. I'll also wrap up my calves and leave them on for a few minutes and if I need to, also get my knees. Also works on thighs and even elbows, arms, etc. Pretty much everything. The beauty of it is you can wrap up and do something else like watch videos or something, and with a little effort and practice, you can pretty much customize the level of squeeze you want. My body tells me when I've had enough and then I take them off. Nothing should be going truly numb, instead it should just feel like a constant massage.

I was a bit skeptical about the bands at first, even with all of the stellar reviews about them, but I am a huge proponent of them now and I completely understand all of the glowing reviews now.

Once I get the MI30s in the mail, I'll wear it as casual too.

Hard to rock the Home color way since the sole is white and I'm afraid it'll get dirty super fast.

Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough, but do we have word that the upper on those playoff homes is a leather or synth leather?  I know it's pretty obvious from pictures but I'm not sure if this is confirmed...

Once I get the MI30s in the mail, I'll wear it as casual too.

Hard to rock the Home color way since the sole is white and I'm afraid it'll get dirty super fast.

I have the Homes and Underdogs, wear them a couple times before i scrub the soles.
I hate putting a noticeably dirty shoe back in the box.

I saw many guys and girls wearing their Curry 1's casually at the Warriors game last night.  I saw Homes, Aways, Underdogs, Candy Reigns...pretty much every colorway that has dropped.

I saw many guys and girls wearing their Curry 1's casually at the Warriors game last night.  I saw Homes, Aways, Underdogs, Candy Reigns...pretty much every colorway that has dropped.
The atmosphere at a gsw game is much more lenient on wearing curry 1s casually imo

Fav colorways so far are MI30 and candy reigns. Would def wear the MI30 casually too

Last edited:

I wasn't paying attention but only saw two fans wearing the Homes. Not really surprised that there'll be a lot. Was gonna wear the Curry One or Clutchfit PE but wore Brand Black instead(it's Warriors colors though :D)

What section did you sit at? I got a good deal on sec. 108. The prices from here on out gonna be higher, if I can catch a deal in the second round, I'll definitely go again.

Last edited:
I wasn't paying attention but only saw two fans wearing the Homes. Not really surprised that there'll be a lot. Was gonna wear the Curry One or Clutchfit PE but wore Brand Black instead(it's Warriors colors though
happy.gif
)

What section did you sit at? I got a good deal on sec. 108. The prices from here on out gonna be higher, if I can catch a deal in the second round, I'll definitely go again.
I sat at section 222.  I did a lot of walking around at the Oracle Arena downstairs and upstairs so I was able to see a lot of people wearing them.  I just check for tickets 2 hours before the game starts because that's when prices usually dip and the Bart station is right next to my work so I can still get there pretty early.

Exactly. Sure it would have been nice to see a new colorway, but would we get a shot at it?

At least we know the Father/Son colorway will actually release.
I'm really hoping UA releases either that home cw we saw in early pics of the Curry 1 or that white/blue gradient midsole he wore in a couple games recently. 

Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough, but do we have word that the upper on those playoff homes is a leather or synth leather?  I know it's pretty obvious from pictures but I'm not sure if this is confirmed...
Definitely looks like a synthetic leather, still probably a softer feel than the stuff JB offers up regularly. Any word as to a release date for this dub nation cw yet? Is this the FNL exclusive we have been waiting for?

Back
Top Bottom