OFFICIAL UA CURRY 1 : CHARGED BY BELIEF. PLAYOFFS RELEASE 5/22 /// MVP'S 6/13

Some very interesting discussion here.  Looks like we're able to keep it civil for the most part.  I think that says a lot about the type of people UA attracts and the reason for why people are drawn to UA in the first place.

Me personally, I don't like the direction they're heading in for their hoops.  But I'm at like 60/40 on that, rather than something like 90/10.  The limited release is just a part of that.  All the big boys are guilty of that, and what drives me crazy is when they decide to release a shoe that people are salivating over and they do it in crazy small numbers.  We all know the reasons why, but yeah, haha that sucks.  And (I'm saying this in a friendly way) I don't want to hear all the "great business move" talk.  You guys are right, of course it's good for business, but I don't have anything personally invested in UA or Nike so I don't give a damn how their business does really as long as they don't go under.  Now if I'm holding a significant amount of shares in their stock, it's a different story.  But I'm a consumer, so I'll side with consumers on this one and say give us higher numbers so it's not a hassle to buy your crap.  Again, I understand why they wouldn't do that, so please don't anyone lecture me or flame.  I'm not personally offended by anyone's opinions that I've read here, and I hope no one is bothered with mine.

warning:  epic soapbox moment...

The bigger picture to me is the overall direction, not just one release.  I got into UA with the Spawn low, which I thought was very under the radar.  Great value and it was easily comparable to much more expensive performance models out there to me.  Not impossible to top, but not a piece of cake either.  Then they dropped the CF Drive and it totally blew the Spawn out of the water in my opinion.  That shoe has special significance to me, all of the SC PE's and so forth, but just what it represented.  It showed a company could release this good of a shoe and only charge $125 retail for it.  It was #1-2 for popular reviewers like Kickgenius and NW last year and it makes my GOAT list easily.  It really made a statement in my book, although I don't think the general public saw it that way.  UA made a shoe at $125 that was comparable to Jordan's signature at $225, at least in terms of performance.  It just refreshed me and reminded me what shoe companies are capable of, and what our expectations should be.  I think we accept way too much BS and compromises on performance shoes these days.

Anyway, the Curry 1 continued with that greatness, and even shaved $5 off the CF Drive price.  Excellent value if you ask me.  But then looking at the CF Drive 2, which doesn't look that special, and then the Curry 2's design along with the price hike, I'm just slightly reluctant to let go of the past and present of UA at the moment.  I know there are supposed to be other intriguing models next season and I'm sure we'll see nice colorways of the Drive and Curry 2, but I'm personally very fond of the Drive/Curry 1 era.

A good analogy would be it's kind of like a talented singer/rapper who blew up.  Maybe you really dug their music before they became famous, and they were genuine and put out amazing stuff.  Then inevitably they became very popular, signed a big deal and "sold out" in a sense.  I think that's what is kind of happening with UA, but I certainly don't blame them.  It's the nature of such things that they go in a cycle.  Maybe in 5 years we'll see UA be as big as Nike with other marquee stars.  Then another, smaller company will pop up and start putting out great product at lower prices.

Ya'll writing novels up in here... smh.
I'm actually working on one or two for my own personal enjoyment.  I happen to love reading and writing.  Doesn't take me that long to write up stuff like that.  But yeah, I did write a crap ton right there, haha.  Sometimes I have lot to say, sometimes not much at all.

And go Dubs!  So glad they pulled out that win.  Hope Kyrie can bounce back, but that doesn't look good.  Steph doesn't seem to be fazed by being in the Finals, which is a good sign for them.  Better step up their box out and rebounding game though.  That's a difference maker.

I see the limited thing is if I miss out I save money and it'll go towards the next release. The DubNation release could've been worse and just the Bay Area only. I think UA will restock all the colorways at the end of the Finals and if the Dubs win it all will be the cherry on top.

UA must be loving how successful Curry and the Warriors have become this year. 3 more wins and they have themselves a season MVP, potential Finals MVP and a first time NBA champion. Talk about having your cake and eating all of it. This definitely puts their basketball division on the map and sets up future products for success.

Phone orders for the Dubnations has commenced with UA. hope yall are able to get pairs if you dont have them already

Hahaha craziness. Anyone get through? I called about 100 times. Actually rang once on three occasions before the call did not go through message. Rang twice on one occasion. No further than that for me.

I'm not sure if you guys heard, but in Orlando, the UA "House" opened up. From what you I've seen, it's really nice and has lots of different things for sale. They restocked the Dub Nations there and released the "Father To Son" early, according to weartesters. I'm going tomorrow, and will take detailed pics of the father to sons for anybody who is interested, if they still have any in stock. .View media item 1568093View media item 1568094 I have never seen this shirt, so I assume it's exclusive but I could be wrong. Picture Credit: Weartesters

Last edited:
This phone order "restock" was terrible. Its like they went back to 10 years ago. The reason every company ditched phone orders is cause they dont work. They prolly only had like...100 pairs to sell.

I do give UA props for staying active on their twitter tho instead of every other company that goes silent with no updates.

Their plan to up the hype worked on me as i want the dubnations more than ever now haha

I don't know if I liked it more or less than normal online ordering.  I didn't expect to get through on the phone, but it was nice to just lay there and dial as opposed to getting up, firing up the computer, clicking and typing frantically and so forth.  I don't know if it's actually "more fair" than other methods.
I see the limited thing is if I miss out I save money and it'll go towards the next release. The DubNation release could've been worse and just the Bay Area only. I think UA will restock all the colorways at the end of the Finals and if the Dubs win it all will be the cherry on top.
And if they all restock they will all sell out again.  Well, maybe not all of them, but most of them.

I'm not sure if you guys heard, but in Orlando, the UA "House" opened up. From what you I've seen, it's really nice and has lots of different things for sale. They restocked the Dub Nations there and released the "Father To Son" early, according to weartesters. I'm going tomorrow, and will take detailed pics of the father to sons for anybody who is interested, if they still have any in stock. .
I have never seen this shirt, so I assume it's exclusive but I could be wrong. Picture Credit: Weartesters
You mind copping a pair for NT fam?
laugh.gif

I'm not sure if you guys heard, but in Orlando, the UA "House" opened up. From what you I've seen, it's really nice and has lots of different things for sale. They restocked the Dub Nations there and released the "Father To Son" early, according to weartesters. I'm going tomorrow, and will take detailed pics of the father to sons for anybody who is interested, if they still have any in stock. .
I have never seen this shirt, so I assume it's exclusive but I could be wrong. Picture Credit: Weartesters
repped! thank you for the heads up was able to phone order the last pair there. Guess we'll see what the hype is about with these. At 120 why not right? Kind of want to get the all blue pair but who knows if they are even around anymore. 

I'd be salty if i needed a pair. Where was it annouced they were taking phone orders and from UA brand house? Yeah terrible idea doing phone orders. Congrats to those that got through.

I was skeptical with the durability of the upper of this DubNation pair but I got some drink stains from last night but it was able to come off.

I'd be salty if i needed a pair. Where was it annouced they were taking phone orders and from UA brand house? Yeah terrible idea doing phone orders. Congrats to those that got through.

I was skeptical with the durability of the upper of this DubNation pair but I got some drink stains from last night but it was able to come off.
the restock was announced on their twitter yesterday and throughout this morning. As for the brand houses taking orders i literally called and took a chance and low and behold it worked out for me. 

the restock was announced on their twitter yesterday and throughout this morning. As for the brand houses taking orders i literally called and took a chance and low and behold it worked out for me. 

Didn't see anything tweeted about that this morning or last night, both on UA and UA Hoops twitter account. I got their other tweets though. Oh well didn't need to get another pair, even if I did I would probably get the busy signal.

Didn't see anything tweeted about that this morning or last night, both on UA and UA Hoops twitter account. I got their other tweets though. Oh well didn't need to get another pair, even if I did I would probably get the busy signal.
it was on a twitter account called @askteamua it threw me for a loop as well. 

Back
Top Bottom