OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Yea, Spain is one of the more openly racist countries in Europe along with Italy.

grin.gif

Puyol jumped on the pile in that celebration pretty easily so I'd think he's alright. He's prolly still a bit banged up and he took a few nicks inthis match, but I'd expect he'd be good to go for the final.

Care to dispute that little factoid?

I mean it has nothing to do with your sig...although that is ironic. But racism is more overt in those two countries based on the time I have spent in Europe.And I've been pretty much everywhere. If you want to discuss this further though, make a topic in General and we can.

Back to football. This one is over. Germany v Spain in the final. Should be a great game!! Spain has really shut down Russia this game.

Just heard the news that Villa is ruled out of the game for Sunday. And it is pretty much inarguable that Spain (see bananas thrown on the pitch) is one of themore racist countries in Europe. I'd have to go with Spain and France ahead of Italy though. I mean those riots not too long ago were all about racism.

Villa out?
eek.gif

Hmm, I originally picked Spain to win this, but I'm gonna root for Germany in the final. My dude Ballack needs a major trophy.
laugh.gif

Spain vs Germany should be a battle all the way through. Really looking forward to it.

I'm thinking it's Spain's year though....they will not be beat on Sunday.

Originally Posted by srvballer

Spain vs Germany should be a battle all the way through. Really looking forward to it.

I'm thinking it's Spain's year though....they will not be beat on Sunday.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeaaaaaaaaaa
pimp.gif

What a great game. Well not really. But good second half.

Good substitution for Torres. He has been having a hard time finding net.

Should be awesome sunday.
pimp.gif

We need to make sure Shwanker doesn't keep this @*!@ up for Germany.

Senna was a beast today. Squashed all of Russia's buildups before they could even get started.
The Spain achilles heels coming into the tournament and in the early part of it is now looking strong. Spain-Germany should be great match, attacking galore, same achilles heel (although Spain's back third has been stellar the last two matches). I think the Germans have gotten by onquality alone in this tourney, they've left a lot to be desired. Spain are playing to their expectations finally, and even w/o Villa they are so deepat striker that it shouldn't be a problem. It's gonna be an even match, the Germans do have the physical advantage though and thecounter-attacking if Spain plays men forward. For these reasons, Germany 2-1.
grin.gif

Look for Schweinsteiger to catch Sergio Ramos too far down the pitch to score or set up at least one goal.

I hope.

As not even a casual soccer (football, futbol, whatever the hell you call it in here) i've really enjoyed this tournament. In the past i'd be intosoccer during the world cup, and only when countries of my heritage played (Spain and Colombia FTW:pimp:). After watching a few early round games and realizingEuro cup is actually a big deal, i've gotten sucked in.

Anyway, hopefully Spain pulls it out on Sunday, my local sports teams can't win #+$*, so might as well have part of my heritage win something.

Not Euro, but i saw Colombia isn't doing too bad in trying to qualify for the world cup. However, i saw they have 2 W's and 6 Draws in 8 matches withonly 2 goals for and 2 goals against
sick.gif
. If anyone has seen them, is their play as ugly as the numbers make it seem?

My heart is still broken.
frown.gif
I know I'm late, but....

We outplayed Germany, plain and simple. We had more possession, more shots on goal, more passes, and we played the better game. Rustu should go to hell for the2nd goal. There is NO way that should've went in. He shouldn't have even come out of the goal for that one. He was our hero in 2002, but I'm gladto see his old #%* go. Our 3rd string goalkeeper (Tolga Zengin), in my opinion, is not only better than Rustu, but better than Volkan as well. Too bad Terim istoo much of an idiot to see that and play him.

After we made it 2-2, I really thought we would win. That 3rd goal was a heartbreaker. I know injuries and suspensions shouldn't be excuses for a loss, butif we were at full strength, I believe we would've won. We were playing with like 14 or 15 players. Taking that into consideration, I think we did great.

Anyway, I'm VERY glad to see Fatih Terim step down. He cut a lot of key players before this tourney that made people question him. If you took some of ourplayers that we had from 2004 or 2005 (where we were ranked 5th in the world), this team could go VERY far. Hopefully our new coach can bring back some of ourother players that Terim didn't take (Ibrahim Toraman, Umit Karan, Halil Altintop, Fatih Tekke, etc).

Hoping for a great game sunday. We're going to see 2 powerhouses battle, although I wanted France to win it, Germany was the team I chose to win thisbefore the tournement even began. I do hope they beat Spain, but I really want it to be a real nail-biter.
smile.gif

Ballack doubtful for Euro 2008 final

VIENNA, June 28 (Reuters) - Germany captain Michael Ballack is doubtful for Sunday's Euro 2008 final against Spain because of an injury to his right calf,the German Football Association (DFB) said on Saturday.

Ballack missed training on Friday back at the team's base in Tenero and he was unable to join the eve-of-match session at the stadium in Vienna onSaturday.

'Michael Ballack has not been able to train the past two days,' Germany coach Joachim Löw told a news conference on Saturday.

'On Friday, he had a problem with his right calf, the muscle has hardened and today he couldn't possibly train so we'll have to see how it developsovernight.

'Our medical team will be working with him round the clock but we have to think seriously about alternatives. We could play with (Tim) Borowski or(Bastian) Schweinsteiger in his position.'

The DFB said the question of whether he could play was 'fully open' with just over 24 hours to go before the final.

The 31-year-old midfielder has scored two goals during the tournament and was the outstanding player in the 3-2 win over Portugal in the quarter-finals.

He was less impressive against Turkey in the semi-finals but his absence would be a huge blow to the German team, who are bidding for their fourth EuropeanChampionship title.

Ballack has never played in a major final for Germany. He missed the final of the 2002 World Cup through suspension and was part of the team that lost the 2006semi-final to Italy.

we all know hes going to play. The main positive of a German victory is that he gets a major trophy.

I'd like, and expect Spain to win it. Senna has been awesome throughout the tourney. Most consistent player, no doubt.

Originally Posted by Gettin It Crackin

Anyway, I'm VERY glad to see Fatih Terim step down. He cut a lot of key players before this tourney that made people question him. If you took some of our players that we had from 2004 or 2005 (where we were ranked 5th in the world), this team could go VERY far. Hopefully our new coach can bring back some of our other players that Terim didn't take (Ibrahim Toraman, Umit Karan, Halil Altintop, Fatih Tekke, etc).

Halil is out of shape and also not in a very positive mood.

He had to play at Schalke particulary in a system with three forwards, which he apparantly doesn't like.

Back
Top Bottom